“Great Stay with the ducks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #37 of 327 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Stay with the ducks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Beautiful hotel and pool area. The duck march is fun for young and old alike. Great loaction for Sea World as the trolly is right out front. Dining options are everywhere next to the property. Great staff, clean elegant hotel. We will be back!!

Room Tip: High Floors overlooking the pool is a nice touch!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

2,169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Dumb, huh, that I totally missed the ducks! That's what happens on biz trips. Worse, I didn't discover B-Diner until my last night -- and it would have been a great place for dinners alone while on travel.

On arrival, I was part of a dedicated group check in away from the front desk AND had to go to the front desk to provide my credit card for incidentals. The second wait was simple and the front desk staff very nice.

Bell staff, also used because of more luggage than my usual 2 carry-ons, were also nice and helpful, asking if I'd been there and pointing out features of the hotel. What I really liked was being asked if I were allergic to feathers (down) before I entered the room. (I am but can tolerate it and wasn't up to the time it would take to remove stuff.)

The room was comfortable and large enough with features I really like: bedside lamp outlets! Whoever "invented" these is a genius! Having my phone and some other electrical devices (a portable white noise machine) next to the bed v. across the room made a huge difference.

Room service: Service was excellent; choices were as expected .. and NO chicken soup. (If you've read others of my reviews you'd know this is a "big deal" for me, a frequent traveler - that bit of comfort.) They were hesitant about adults ordering off the children's menu .. another one on my list of "really???"

The hotel is large and spread out. If you are attending a meeting and have any walking/mobility disabilities or issues, rent an electric cart. The hotel had gotten one for me from Scoot-Around, a natl. company that is very reliable. Without it, I would not have managed.

Ditto at the Orange County Convention Center where our meetings were held. BIG spaces - lots of walking, sometimes difficult for the most able-bodied person.

If the hotel had a business center, I was unaware. When I asked where to print my boarding pass, I was told to go to the concierge who would do so for me.

The hotel's second (newer) tower is very nice and since I'd not been to the Peabody for many years, can't compare it to the original tower's guest room condition.

BDiner was fun, esp. w/ a 6 year old who loved looking at the desserts through the cases! Service was excellent. Food was very good. Highly recommend the hummus.

Overall, a good solid hotel with solid service - esp. banquet staff who are esp. watchful to help guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear JLEDC:

Thank you for taking time to share a detailed review of your experience at The Peabody Orlando. I am glad you found our guest room appointments convenient for your needs and that our team of hospitality professionals eagerly demonstrated their desire to assist with any request. I appreciate your feedback and hope that your next visit to our hotel will include time to experience our world famous Peabody Duck March.

FLorida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The rooms are very comfortable (view is typically of the pools near each tower). The lobby is great for meetings - has lots of cafes. The diners and restaurants are very decent. The bar had wonderful cocktails. Bottom line - loved it, but it was generally expensive. Like small-size-bottle-of-water-is-$5-at-the-coffee -shop-expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear thecosmopolitan:

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will take advantage of the Florida resident specials we offer to plan a return visit to The Peabody Orlando.

anglesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I always wanted to stay at this hotel,every time we visited Florida it was just out of our price range,however thanks to TRIVARGO we booked this year and I loved it.The hotels foyer is so gorgeous and I know its a huge hotel but its so luxurious.The beds were comfortable and make you sleep!!Thick walls no extra noise.Fantastic pool and positioned on International Drive a great location.I loved it.Quack!Quack!

Room Tip: As its a huge hotel request a room near to lift and we stayed on 21st floor with great views of Orla...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at The Peabody Orlando for a business meeting and was very happy with my stay. The rooms are beautiful, the fitness center is probably the best hotel facility I have ever used, and the property is immaculate. The service overall was excellent. The housekeeping staff was extremely friendly. I had an issue my first night where my A/C kicked every 30 minutes. I called the hotel while at my meeting the next day and was connected directly to the on-duty manager, Adrian Gonzalez. He was very apologetic, promised to send an engineer immediately, and took 50% off my rate for the first night. We had a lovely conversation and when I returned to my room that evening, immediately noticed the unit was quieter. Very impressed!

Dear LaurieBR:

I am pleased that we had the opportunity to make your stay at The Peabody Orlando comfortable. I appreciate your review and recognition for the quick response our team provided you. When Orlando is a part of your travel plans, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I came here with my wife and kids on a business trip and stayed for 6 nights. I was pleasantly surprised to see the size of the room that we received for the price we were paying. Granted it was probably off-season, but still it was a huge room and perfect for my two toddlers. I have to say, I dislike staying in "theme park" hotels. Although they provide the advantage of being close to the parks themselves, the negatives of staying at those properties outweigh the positives by 10 fold. The Peabody is a beautiful property and an awesome place to stay with your kids. The kids pool area is amazing. The family pool is great and has a very shallow shore so that you and your kids can enjoy the big pool together. There is another pool on the other side of the property which is secluded from the family pool (if you want piece and quiet). The restaurants in the hotel are fantastic. By the way, my kids loved the floor to ceiling windows!

One more thing, one night there was a party going on across the hall from our room. Very loud! We called security and they shut that down within 5 minutes. Some properties don't take this seriously, so I was again impressed by this. Thanks Peabody Security for rectifying that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear MonKam:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando, I am glad you found your guest room comfortable for your family and that the family pool area was an amenity your children enjoyed. When traveling to Orlando for business or pleasure, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My favorite hotel of all my business travels. All the comfort and luxury with an elegant yet warm atmosphere. The rooms have excellent features and the amenities are nice quality. The service everywhere on the property is excellent. The property is kept immaculate, and looks/feels like a resort. The B Line Diner has a great menu with a lot of variety. Nothing served at this restaurant is average diner fare. Prices are above average but the taste and presentation of the food is well worth it. The servers are not the friendliest but they're very busy. Looking forward to my next Orlando stay and will return to the Peabody.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!