“Hotel exceeded my expectations - will be staying here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #138 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Hotel exceeded my expectations - will be staying here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Upon check-in, I was greeted very warmly by the front desk clerk. The rooms I had requested could not be accomodated, so I asked for and received a free upgrade. We had two rooms - a spacious two queens and a kidsuite. The kidsuite is best described as a "room within a room." There were two walls (where the first queen bed would be) that went up to two feet below the ceiling with an open "door" facing the "hallway" of the room. In this "room" there were two sets of bunkbeds, creating an "L" shape, and a small shelf with a television. There was also a king sized bed in the room, a dorm fridge, microwave, shelving, closet with panel doors, small table with two chairs, and a business desk with a leather chair. The room was quite roomy, and with two teenagers, a preteen and a toddler with mom and dad, we never felt like we were in each other's way. If you have a family, I would highly recommend a kidsuite. They are a great deal over getting two rooms, and each kid gets their own area on their bunk. Each bunk also has their own reading lights.
Every staff member we encountered, with one exception, asked how our stay was and if there was anything they could do to help. The pictures of this hotel on the website accurately depict this hotel - the rooms are done very nicely, the bathrooms were beautiful (and the Bath and Body Works products were great!), and the pool was nicely done.
We only had a few complaints - the doors for the connecting rooms allowed a lot of noise to come into our room. This became a problem at midnight when our neighbors came back and were quite noisy. The second complaint was the pool - it is saltwater, but not heated. It was too cold to swim in during our stay. Finally, the hotel desk clerk at check-out did not meet the same expectations as other staff we met. We watched him check a family in, give one man restaurant advice, and he checked us out. He didn't seem to be all in it. Finally, this hotel is close to Downtown Disney and I-4 (there are 3 Holiday Inns in the immediate area). Traffic getting into the hotel during the day was a bit of a challenge because of the cars lined up in the far right hand lane to get onto I-4. I understand the hotel can't help this, but it is good to know.
Overall, this hotel was awesome and we plan to stay there next time we head to Orlando.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I just came back from a week at this hotel and can't say enough positive things about the Holiday Inn Resort at Lake Buena Vista. We go to Disney quite often and have stayed at many different hotels including the Nick Hotel and several hotels in the Disney property (Beach Club, Coronado, All Star etc). We went to Disney 2 years ago and stayed at the Disney Beach Club which was very nice and very convenient in terms of location. This year, we booked at the last minute and the Beach Club was not available. We chose this hotel because it was new and more than half the price off the cost of a comparable Disney Hotel and we couldn't be happier. If you want to get a great deal on a quality room - this is your hotel. In fact, next time we go to Disney, me may just stay here again.

Pros
1) Newly renovated and CLEAN - everything at this hotel was brand new. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about as the hallways, lobby, pool area, and grounds were immaculate
2) Spacious rooms - we paid $10 extra for a "spacious" room and it was worth it. Our family of four felt very comfortable and we did not feel like we were on top of each other. It was way bigger than the rooms in the Disney properties
3) Very Nice Heated pool - our kids had a blast in the pool and the hot tub. The heated pool was perfect for night time swimming when the weather outside was in the 50's and 60's
4) Comfortable beds - Very honestly one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. We were so impressed that my husband wants me to ask the hotel what brand of mattress they use since we need to buy a new mattress and wouldn't mind getting the same one that the hotel uses
5) Limited noise - when we stayed in the Disney properties, the walls felt like paper. We could hear everything in the hallway and everyone in the room next door. This hotel was quiet and we barely heard a peep despite the fact that the hotel was sold out the week we were there
6) Microwave and Fridge in the room - very convenient for eating breakfast in the room prior to heading out to the parks
7) Location - right on 535, it was close to I4 and one exit away from the Disney properties (its right off exit 68). It was also around the corner from Downtown Disney. Goodings Supermarket in the Crossroads Shopping Center was walking distance. It was also around the corner from the Vinelands Outlet Center where I dropped some serious cash on things I probably didn't need :)
8) Price - can't rave enough about the price. For the amenities of the hotel, we got a lot more for our money than when we stayed at the Nick Hotel AND the Disney properties.
9) Arcade/Applebees - While the arcade is small, its nice to have and our kids had a great time playing games when we weren't in the pool. Applebees restaurant which was attached to the hotel was a nice convenience. You can even order from the full Applebees menu while you are at the pool and a waiter will bring it to you.
10) Fitness Center - brand new equipment and not crowded - my husband was able to take advantage of the fitness center during our stay
11) Free Parking - some hotels in the area charge to park but parking here is free

The cons of this hotel were few. To be honest, I am mentioning them more as an FYI as they would NOT prevent me from staying here again

1) Internet - as others mentioned, it is slow but we didn't need to use it all that much
2) Breakfast - this is probably the one dark spot. We had breakfast one day thinking it would be worth it since "kids eat free". It was a bit of a mess. They kept running out of food at the buffet (which wasn't that good to begin with), there were no bowls for the cereal (despite multiple people asking for bowls from the wait staff - they kept bringing out plates instead of bowls), no spoons and very limited choices when it came to cereal and yogurt. To top it off, kids really don't "eat free" unless you order from the the limited kids menu (consisting of things such as a bowl of cereal or a pancake). If you want them to eat from the buffet, you have to pay. However, what's misleading is that drinks are overpriced to make up for the "kids eat free". Breakfast for 4 came out to over $30 and that was with the kids being "free". I am only mentioning this so that people are aware that breakfast is pricey despite the "free" factor. My opinion is to either eat breakfast in the room or go somewhere else as its really not worth it. Lunch and Dinner are much better and worth it but breakfast here is a waste.

All in all, we were pleasantly surprised and happy with out stay, especially for the price. We are definitely looking forward to staying here again.

Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Family with three young children stayed for two nights. We stayed in one of the suites with two sets of bunk beds and worked out great. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. The kids loved the bunk beds. The service at the front desk was very good. When we first arrived we walked through an area that had not been refurbished yet and thought we had made a mistake as it looked pretty bad. However, we had gone in the wrong entrance. When we went to the correct entrance all was fine. Location is great, close to Disney. We have stayed on Disney property before but were looking to save money this year. If you are looking for a true Disney experience, stay at a Disney hotel. However, if staying off property I would highly recommend this hotel. Oh, kids eat free in the apple bees located on property. That was a nice bonus. Also, I don't eat at applebees often, but this one had the nicest staff I have ever encountered.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Hi my partner and our eight year old daughter have just come back from two weeks in Florida and spent the first week at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Lake Buena Vista. This is our first visit to the location and when choosing our hotel we took many things into consideration including holiday reviews many of which come from Trip Advisor. Most reviews were mixed and we have tried to take a fair look at the exceptional ones and also the really bad ones, taking into account who wrote them ie those travelling on business or with family. We booked the hotel through British Airways and chose it also for the fact that the room we wanted had a seperate childrens area with their own tv and two sets of bunk beds, affording me and my partner privacy after a full days outing and crazyness at the theme parks. Finding the hotel was easy enough, its on a main road and only two minutes drive to one of the many entrances to Walt Disney World however when in UK we are told the parks are two minutes away drive we considered not hiring a car and just walking to the parks however things are deceptive, the park entrance is two minutes away driving however to the parks itself would take an easy hour and half to walk so we are glad we booked a car. Checking into the hotel was easy and the staff were friendly, our room was clean and tidy with the room staff putting our daughters soft toys all tucked up in bed for when we returned at night; There was ample parking and the facilities were excellent, including a heated pool which we used about five times during the week even once at 7am...only the English would do this. There is free internet access and it was never busy. Right next door is an Applebees Restaurant which provides a good buffet breakfast for $10 for adults and $7 for kids. The hotel itself is very modern. I would certainly go back there but next time I would try priceline to book the hotel as I found it cheaper on there. Oh and its only 5 minutes drive from a Premium Outlet Mall. Ok thats the good stuff....now the not so good stuff....room coffee is yuck....but Starbucks is a five minute WALK away so not much of a compaint there....my partners night wear was taken by cleaners by mistake...the staff did not look for it...we addressed this to the manager who promptly gave us enough points to get a free night in any Holiday Inn....so not a bad thing really.......Oh in the foyer there is an information booth, they provide excellent service but also offer free tickets to shows and entrances to parks if we visited a Holiday Inn location which was being built.....this is basically a timeshare location.....we visited and sat and put up with 2 hours of salesmen trying to sell us an apartment with every hard sell technique going...we just kept saying no no no no and smiled knowing we would get tickets for Arabian Nights for free at the end of it....a saving of over £100 and a good night out. Overall an excellent hotel and we look forward to going in three years time again.

Ajijic, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

The lobby looks clean and maintained. Once you get to the halls to get to the rooms and the elevator it is filthy. Unbelievable that staff just walk past the same trash everyday and do nothing about it. Food wrappers, dental floss, clumps of hair, cig butts, deodorant caps, spilled drinks. Just weird. Manager should be ashamed. Beds are comfy but that is the only positive I can say. Happy travels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
We at the Holiday Inn Resort are very concerned about the housekeeping issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention, and ask that you contact us so that we can get more information about the issues you mentioned. We would also like the opportunity to make it right for you. No guest should ever experience a sub par presentation of our Hotel. We take great pride in the product we present to our guest.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We recently held our annual conference at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista. The entire event was an enormous success. The hotel had been renovated and it's conference soace and staff were excellent. The entire staff from the maintenance man that stopped me in the hall to check to see if my refrigerator was working to the general manager who opened the door for me as my arms were full, were top notch. The guest rooms were spacious and very clean. We have already booked our conference again there next year. A terrific facility, a warm friendly accommodating staff and fabulous food. We highly recommend thia hotel and look forward to our conference next year!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in early January and loved the overall package it provided. The location was amazing, the hotel was exactly what we were lookng for, and we will definately stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!