“Quick trip for bussiness” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #144 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Quick trip for bussiness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I used this hotel because I had a course that was presented there. i booked this hotel through Hotels.com. Upon arrival we had to pay $12.50 per person extra for parking and resort fees. This Hotel is definitely not a resort. The only thing would be a hot tub. We had a handicapped room which was odd. I didn't feel like arguing with the front desk and moving so we stayed in the room. The room itself was clean.
Overall the hotel gets a good rating for cleanliness, attentive staff and location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Dutch90-11:

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the hotel is you received an accessible room and did not need it. Please always feel free to let us know when you have a question like that so we can either get you into a room that works better for you or be able to let you know why, I can assure you there would be no arguing!
The hotel does have a Resort fee of $12.95 plus tax and this includes the poolside activities, family movie theatre in the lobby, free local phone calls, self parking and the safe in the room just to mention a few.
Thank you again for taking your time to fill out this review, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,

Keith D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was really happy that I booked this resort! It was in a great location (read caveat below) and the price couldn't be beat. Couple that with a SUPER clean room - and you have a great stay!!

First - I loved the resort. My only beef with the hotel was trying to get into their parking lot. I waited on average of 7 minutes just to turn into their location. They aren't at a stop light and the traffic is terrible on their road.

Once you get on property - everything was great. I will say that I had to make quite a hike to get to my room - but it is a large property so it's ok. The only other beef that I had was that the elevators were SLOW.

The rooms were super clean and the beds were very comfortable. I loved the ammenities (microwave, fridge, large bathroom, etc). And I did not hear one bit of noise my whole 4 days that I was there.

I would highly recommend this hotel for singles and families. Other than the horrible traffic trying to get on the property - everything else was just a nit-pick.

Thanks for a great visit!

Room Tip: Go down to the next stop light when trying to get on-property and make a u-turn. It's much quick...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hendejm:

We are really happy you loved us! Thank you so much for the great review and love hearing that you found your room SUPER clean. We always strive to keep everything up to the highest standards but to make a super like that really means allot.
Thank you for mentioning as well that we have a great location, unfortunately yes, being so centrally located does mean traffic can be a bit backed up in season or on a peak weekend.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and give us your feedback, it really does mean allot to us. We are so glad you enjoyed the room and all the amenities. See you soon!

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Disney and the value. The grounds were nice (wonderful pool) and the room was spacious. It was very clean and could easily hold a family. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Great location as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Jennifer L:

It's awesome that you had a great stay and loved the pool! We are always happy to hear someone leave so happy and willing to recommend us to others!

Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent stay, hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and when the opportunity came up for another visit to Orlando I started looking around at other resorts as I thought a change of scenery might be a good thing. Over a period of 2 weeks I would have spent countless hours reviewing most of the hotels near Disneyworld but kept on coming back to this one, in the end being that I was so impressed last time we stayed here I thought even if it is nearly as good as the last stay I would be happy(I figured most motels deteriorate over time)
Well I am glad we stayed here(15 nights), the place is every bit as good, still clean, staff are friendly and try to accommodate all your needs.
Karoll organised my booking without hassle, Jesse checked us in promptly and made us feel welcome from the second we walked in the door, it is staff like this that can make a good stay excellent.
I would not hesitate recommending this hotel and hope to return again .

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor in a room facing pool with a balcony
Dear Tiredaustraveller:

We are so glad you came back and hope to see you again for the next visit! Thank you so much for recognizing our team members who helped you out, we have passed the word on to them and it means so much! We will always strive to keep the hotel as it was when we first renovated it and your review shows just why!

Thank you again, we are so glad that you came back and we look forward to being able to be your destination in the future even if you do change the scenery a little! Thank you for the recommendations!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights in late August / early September 2013. In the past, we always stayed on Disney properties when we visited Orlando. This time, we missed the Disney free dining promotion, so we decided to try staying off-site.

We chose this hotel because it was (1) relatively close to Disney, Universal & SeaWorld, (2) newly remodeled and (3) it had kid suites.

We had our own car, so we drove everywhere. [The hotel runs a shuttle to the parks, but we never used it.] There is an Applebee's onsite, but that is the only safe walkable food location. The hotel is on a major road, so even though there are restaurants very close by, I would not want to walk there.

Other reviewers commented about the difficult left turn into the hotel parking lot. We did not have the problem, but I can see what they meant. We traveled during the off peak season, but I can imagine there would be a line to turn left during the peak season.
This hotel is super close to Downtown Disney, less than a 5 minute drive. The other Disney locations were about 10-15 minute drive. About 20 minutes to Universal Studios.

When I made the reservation, I confirmed that the hotel was recently remodeled. I was very happy when I arrived at check-in. The front lobby was clean, modern and bright. The elevators & corridors were clean and brightly lit.

Our hotel room was fantastic. We were on the 6th floor facing the pool. The room looked very new - nice bathroom - nice pool view. We got the room with 2 kid suites, which is 2 sets of bunk beds, that is its own little room off the main bedroom. There are 2 TVs in the room - one in the kids' area, the 2nd in the main bedroom. The kids flipped over their bunk beds and their own TV. I highly recommend getting the kids suite if you have kids - if just for the cool factor (clearly, we do not have bunk beds at home!) I was a bit nervous about them sleeping on the top bunk, but there is a guard rail that extends for most of the bed. There is also a "list of rules" on the wall of the kids suite - one of them says "only kids over 6 on the top bunk" (something like that).

The laundry facility was excellent. The large washer and dryer were $2 / each - they were large enough that we could do about 2.5 days of clothes for our family of 5 for $4 total. I was impressed with how well the dryer dried the clothes - just one run was needed.

The kitchenette was fantastic - the fridge kept the milk cold and the freezer kept ice cream frozen. We ate breakfast in the room, so we bought supplies at the local Publix & Winn-Dixie. I was surprised that their prices were a lot higher than for similar items at home. Towards the end, we saw people in the hotel elevator with Wal-mart bags, so we tried that. This Wal-mart was huge (it was called a Supercenter) and it had groceries, regular Walmart stuff and alcohol.

The heated pool was great - very clean and plenty of towels. The gym was okay - it had about 6 treadmills, 1 stationary bike, a set of dumbbells and a chin-up bar.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. We enjoyed staying off Disney property, as it gave us the chance to try local restaurants. I think if you stay at this hotel, having a car will make your trip more time efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeantbl:

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel so much and found our location so convenient and the road not too busy during your stay.

It's is great to hear that the kids not only enjoyed the kids suites but also thank you for mentioning the rules for the bunk beds! It's always great to not have to watch the kids shows on vacation too!

We are glad you found all of our amenities working to your satisfaction and I love the idea of cold ice-cream at the end of a long park day too! Good news too, we have just renovated the fitness center and have all new equipment in it!

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again real soon!

Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I would like to start off by thanking Jessy. She checked us in. I had overestimated our drive time from NW OH to Florida. We were at the hotel about 6 hours early. I was hoping that perhaps we could at least get into the pool and relax, but our room was ready! Of course I realize that this was probably because of the time of year (September) that we stayed. However that being said she did not have to give us our room that early. The room was clean, and large. It had a dorm sized refrigerator, a microwave and a coffeemaker. I would stay here again if not staying on Disney property. It was a clean decently priced hotel close to the parks. In fact except for the convenience and free dining plan at Disney, this room was better and far cheaper than the rooms at Caribbean Beach.

Room Tip: Check to see if they are offering their Mousesavers rate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Psalm1375:

We are so glad that Jesse was able to get you in a room upon your early arrival, always a great surprise to get your vacation started a bit earlier than planned! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and size of our rooms! Our goal is to provide an outstanding experience and product that measures up to the best in the area, thank you for saying we are doing just that!
Thank you again for taking some of your own personal time out to thank our staff member and let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler108
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The rooms of this hotel are magnanimous and very clean. This hotel offers ample of amenities - pool, movie theater, business center, Arcade game area etc...Most importantly, its about 2 miles from Downtown Disney area. I highly recommend this Hotel for families...Great Hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler108:

We love being the "Best"! Thank you so much for kind words and awesome review. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and convenient location to Disney.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again!

Keith D.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!