“Very nice family stay for Disney” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #151 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very nice family stay for Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 of 4 nights at this hotel with our 2 young boys. I must say after this hotel was very nice and new looking. Everything seemed spotless. The room was twice the size of the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at the night before. Parking was easy and close by, the elevators were never a wait. There were only 3 things that detered from this being a perfect stay. First, but not that big of a deal, the new flatscreen tv was stuck in store demo mode, so basically every minute or so, a bar would pop out blocking a quarter of the screen to show off the features of that LG HDTV... more of an annoyance, but the desk seemed to be unable to help. The second thing was not the fault of the hotel either. There was a very large group of teenagers from brazil or venezuela. They were at times running around the hallways visiting eachothers rooms till all hours of the night. I don't think they realized how loud they were being. The one and only thing that bothered me, because the hotel management had some control over this, was the pool area. The pool was party central till about midnight every night, and sometimes later. There was music playing, yelling and shouting. They should not put families with young children in rooms facing inside towards the pool, or atleast put them higher away from all the noise. Most Hotels I have visited have a strictly enforced curfew for pool useage. I realize that people are on vacation, and want to have fun, but it should not be at the expense of others who have paid good money to get some rest. Other than this oversight by the management, I think this is a very clean, well run hotel for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside have a worse view, but are MUCH quieter. if you must be on the inside, try to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Shawn W:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. First let us apologize for the few challenges that your encountered. I am sorry that the desk wasn't able to have an engineer get the TV out of that mode for you. The hotel does also work very hard to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy their stay without it being at the expense of others. Your comments on the group of kids have been passed on to see what can be done to help in the future.
We are very glad that you had a great time and thought of us a great value for the money! Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Keith D.

843 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Winterport, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent a week at the Holiday Inn Resort and it was fine: some good points, some bad. I spent $70 on a bidding site, however with resort fees and taxes it came out to around $93; still a good deal for that area.

First the good: The location is prime if you have a car. Seaworld, Epcot, Universal, Downtown were less than 10 minutes away. An added bonus was that our new favorite restaurant in Orlando (Bahama Breeze) was a 5 minute walk down the street. Very nice customer service - friendly and helpful. We also appreciated that they gave us a few coupons for free kids meals, however my family did not enjoy the onsite Applebees as the service was terribly slow, and the food mediocre. Also on the plus size was the large pool, attractive lounge area, 2 hot tubs, ping pong, pool and hourly activities. By the way, the movie theatre is smaller than our modest living room, it has a few ottomans and couches with a 55" TV. We would not feel safe leaving our child in there alone (not that we would in a cineplex either). The business center was useful and had quite a few computers ( 4 or 5). Our room was nicely furnished with comfortable beds, microw, minifridge, separate sink areas in kitchen area and bathroom. Plenty of easy parking near your room if you're on an exterior wall. We asked for a quiet room, and they placed us on the 5th floor, not facing the pool. Very quiet.

On the negative side I need to start with a pet peeve. I think free coffee in the lobby should not be a luxury item - it is a basic fundamental part of doing business. However this hotel wants you to pay $2.50 in the gift shop for a small cup of jo. One that tastes worse than you would find in a McDonalds. I find that to be very cheap of Holiday Inn, and not what you would expect for service at a "resort." I purchased this gift shop gunk once, and then spent the rest of the week driving each morning to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

I also must say that this area and hotel were very damp. My family in the neighboring room, entered to find mold on the window curtains, in the kitchen area floor, and in a corner of the ceiling. Needless to say the staff did a great job re-assigning them to a room promptly. I found pockets of wetness in my room as well, but not enough to complain about. The night we arrived there was a heavy rain storm and there were puddles outside of the elevator.

We also had some trouble with our Wifi fading in and out every 30 minutes. Just a minor annoyance and I did see that they were trying to fix this.

We considered using the shuttle but the frequency is too limited to be useful. Most people want to get to the parks EARLY to beat the crowds and it drops you there too late. And there is just one return trip back around supper time. I think the ideal schedule would be leave around 7:30 am, return around 2, head back to the parks around 6, then return from parks at close. That's what many people do to beat the heat.

It's a pretty happy place! In terms of the clientele, this place was filled with young families, lots of noisy kids, entire teams of volleyball and baseball kids. At one point an entire team invaded the hot tub I was seated in. I walked along the inside of corridors of rooms (facing the pool in the center of the square). If you want a bit of quiet I would avoid these rooms as there was usually 20 or more kids screaming in the pool until 11 pm at night. Some people don't mind that kind of fun noise. This is not what I'd call a romantic hotel by any stretch of the imagination.

The decor in our room was bland yellow - a bit dated, but clean.

So in the end I'm not sure I would stay here again, but I wouldn't rule it out, either. I wouldn't want to spend more than $100 for a place like this. It's fine at a bargain price.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms face out, not the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Nodaybut2day:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review about your stay, great information! I have sent a message to you to ask the room number because we would like to ensure that the wet areas have been addressed. It has been raining everyday here lately and it is best to be proactive!
We do apologize for the Wi-Fi having a few up and downs but you are entirely correct that we were correcting it at the time and have actually upgraded much of it. The shuttle does have several return times starting at 4:45PM through 10:45PM and later when the parks are open past midnight.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write you review and we do look forward to seeing you in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I spend 5 nights at this hotel for our honeymoon. We chose this hotel as we were on a budget. I have stayed at Disney before at the Music themed hotel which is more of a motel style, nice but pricey.

Since we had a car, I thought it would be fine to stay off Disney property. The Holiday Inn was great. Very clean, comfortable, and great service at the check in desk.

It is a bit loud if you are facing the pool, but the view is amazing, and the pool closes at 11 so we didn't mind.

The breakfast was included in our stay it was fine. You get a voucher for 20.00 credit towards breakfast items on the menu or the buffet. It was the buffet we had in Mexico but it was fine. Good coffee.

We had a great trip and I would definitely stay here again. A good option for those with a car and trying to save money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Etax3:

Congratulations on your wedding! We very glad you were able to enjoy your Honeymoon at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay and so glad you enjoyed the pool view!

We look forward to seeing you again.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed my stay overall. The staff was helpful, friendly and nice. The location to Disney parks were great, but Downtown Disney is about a 10 min drive, you cannot walk there. The hotel is very clean. My kids loved the huge pool area. There is a Tiki bar although I did not go there. There is an Applebee's in the hotel that has free breakfast for 9 and under(the kids' menu wasn't all that great for breakfast so we paid for the kids' buffet instead). We only ate there once. We had an issue with housekeeping that was not resolved(they began skip on towels, toilet tissue ,coffee, beds, etc). SInce we weren't really at the hotel much, it wasn't that much of an issue. My only issue was the lack of shuttle service to the parks. The current shuttle schedule is ridiculous unless you are there for Epcot(there are many shuttles to and fro that park). And since we were there for Magic Kingdom and Universal, we ended up getting taxi service back to the hotel. The shuttle leaves Magic Kingdom at 4:45 and that is just ridiculous since most people want to enjoy the MK parade at night. Although this hotel is the first to load unto shuttle, it gets pretty full, so be in line early if you have kids, so that you don't have to stand going to MK. Although the hotel is nice and the staff is friendly, you might want to call the hotel to get the shuttle schedule before staying here.

Room Tip: Upper floors with pool view are nice. It was not very noisy and the view was great on movie night(Fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Gypsyeyes_12:

Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay overall! We are sorry to hear that you had inconsistencies with your housekeeping service and I have passed this information on to the Housekeeping Manager to be able to research and correct.
Please let me apologize for any confusion with the Shuttle schedule as we try to have it as convenient as possible. The shuttle does go to either Epcot or Disney's Ticket and Transportation Center also called TTC. The TTC is the drop off point for Magic Kingdom for Good Neighbor hotels and you get to it from there either by the Monorail or the Ferry. Disney provides transportation from the TTC to all of it's theme parks and that is the main reason we use that as a central drop off point. If there are any questions as to the shuttles pick up times, we do have a copy of the schedule on the hotels website and it shows picks ups as late as 10:45pm every day.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review so that we can improve and make your future stays even better!
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We picked this hotel because we were travelling with our two dogs. We didn't expect to be able to leave them in the room while we ate (most dog friendly hotels don't allow this) and this was an added bonus.
The room was spacious and immaculate. The beds and linens were clean. Glad we picked this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Dear Dmspeech:

We love our four legged guests too! It's great to hear that your stay was extra convenient for everyone and you found the room immaculate!

Once again thank you for taking the time to pass on your great experience and we look forward to seeing you for your next stay in Orlando. .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very clean room/hotel. The beds were VERY comfortable and the coffee in the room was AMAZING. I like that they had pool games set up for families during the week. Also, having a convenience store on the property was a major plus.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the highway and had no noise issues.
Dear Akv2189:

Thank you so much for the great compliments! Very glad that you loved the coffee and they were able to get a quiet room for you!

Hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in June. We booked it blindly through Hotwire, which claimed it to be Downtown Disney Area. Not exactly, but not that far, either.

Our room was great (except that we didn't have a Do Not Disturb sign in our room). We didn't feel like calling the front desk to get one, so we braved it, and let the housekeeper do her thing while we were gone. Everything was fine, other than she arrived in the early afternoon rather than the morning hours. It was clean, the air worked fine and the bathroom was clean. It was also very quiet.

My kids were disappointed with the arcade, a couple of games ate their tokens. Frankly, we only took them to the arcade because they had won tokens in some of the pool games.

We are Disney passholders. so we are usually out of the parks by 2 p.m. to enjoy the hotel/pool. The pool was pretty big. It looked clean, but my kids swam with goggles and often commented about the number of dead bugs at the bottom of the pool. There were plenty of organized games for the kids to play during the day. My only disappointment is that they allowed grown ups to compete against the kids on some of the games. There is no reason why a 40 year old woman should beat a 13 year old kid in a belly flop contest for tokens. Let the grownups compete with each other, if they want to play.

The pool also had to close one afternoon because of poop. Believe me when I say that this has happened more often than I care to remember at several Disney hotels. It's usually a toddler without swim diapers. Thankfully it was at the end of the day as we were getting ready to go upstairs, otherwise that would have put a damper in our day.

The Applebees Tiki bar was closed until 4 p.m. one afternoon, which was a bummer. We arrived around 2 and jumped right in the pool. The kids were hoping to get an early snack by the pool since we had 7 p.m. dinner reservations.

Another bummer was that the electricity went out one morning around 8. We showered in the dark and headed to the parks since we weren't exactly sure how long it would be out. We were told it was restored around 10 a.m. Thankfully we are all able bodied and could walk down the stairs.

All in all, it was a good experience for the money we paid.

Room Tip: A pool view room would be ideal, but the parking lot rooms are quiet.
Dear Ymanes24:

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at our Resort. It is always great to hear the little things we can look at improving to be able to make your future stays with us that much better. Please accept our apologies for any challenges with the game room tokens, we do have the games looked after several times a day but these instances sometimes still happen. If you have this issue in the future, please see the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist.
We are very glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the poolside activities and we have definitely noted your comment on having grown ups in the same competitions and will make some adjustments. I did want to pass on that the pool is cleaned once a day or as needed with it's chemical levels checked through out the day to ensure everything stays in order. If you ever notice something amiss please let us know so that the proper corrective measure can be done as you noted was done for the other incident. Applebee's does have a special phone at the pool bar that rings directly to the restaurant for times the pool bar is not open yet but we have also addressed their starting time to ensure they open earlier during the summer season.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and we do apologize for the short power outage that had happened during your stay. Although very rare in occurrence, we do strive to get everything back up and running quickly when they do happen.

Best regards,

Keith D

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!