“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in January. On arrival I was impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of the check in staff. The hotel lobby was roomy, bright and modern and there was the opportunity for advice on Disney visits if you wanted it and tickets for sale.

The rooms are well set out round the grounds with good access for parking at the room nearest your door. Room staff very friendly.

I had a beautiful very spacious comfortable room with all I could have wanted in it. The room and bathroom were modern and decorated to a high standard. Seating area was comfortable and there was a large desk conducive to good working. The two queen beds were very comfortable. My only comment there would be small square pillows were to not too comfy. Bedroom areas were very quiet both in the corridors and outside rooms.

The pool area was good and the water lovely and warm. There appeared to be arranged activities for the children and young people. Pool towels were available.

Amenities in the hotel were excellent - business center with a printer, laundry facilities, shuttle service to parks, free wifi in the room, safe in the room. iron and ironing board, fridge and micro wave in the room, pool. hot tub and a well stocked shop in the hotel.

It was great having Applebees adjoining the hotel and several other good restuarants within walking distance.

All in all an excellent place to stay and I hope to be back in April.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here in late January 2013 and loved the large, spacious room, comfortable beds, quiet hallways and friendly staff. There is a $14/day resort fee added to your bill -- surprise! -- but it was too cold to use the pools. I did use the fitness center one morning. It was adequate but there were no window coverings (i.e., blinds, curtains) so the sun coming in through the windows was very uncomfortable. Our only complaint was that it was not easy to get in and out of the resort because of the traffic on 535. Of course, that's not the fault of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we got another good price. I have one suggestion for the hotel: Please make it easier for guests who must elevate the head of the bed for health reasons. My husband carries risers just for this purpose, but when the hotel bed is on a platform it is nearly impossible to use them.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel were away from the road noise from busy 535.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nicest Holiday Inn ever. Great updates. Beautiful heated pool. Loved the Tiki Bar & getting Applebee's poolside. Thanks Christine at the bar. Dan & Daniel led fun hourly activities for the kids poolside, so adults could relax - bonus, this service was free - super surprise! Mini-mart gift shop was helpful. Fun kids movie theater off lobby. Front desk staff superior service - sorry I didn't catch names...
We were on top 5th floor, which may have helped to reduce noise during this busy stay weekend...

• Stayed February 2013
Greenville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I arrived and saw the sign valet parking 12 per day, I choose to self park. MY confirmation stated 12.oo valet per day so I figured no 12 per day charge. I asked what the 12 charge was on my bill and the agent said for the amenities I asked what amenities, no coffee in lobby no bfst, you can go to apple bee's and buy buffet for 12.00. The agent replied for self parking, that is to funny. I asked for a foam topper for my bed as it was hard and lumpy, no pad, the next day I asked again, and they gave am a mattress topper, one bed in my room had a 3 inch foam and mine was again hard and lumpy, honestly I got tired of asking. I stay at both Holiday Inns for business last week in the area and they were both great! and NO 12 fee to self park. will not stay again, very poor service . The hotel is worn once you pass the lobby

Room Tip: why do you ask about the bfst when you dont offer one, its at apple bees and they clearly define the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Pagrif,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay. The hotel apologizes that we were not able to meet your needs on the mattress comfort level. I have sent an e-mail to you to find out the room type you were in to be able to better address the mattress issue. The hotel is a full service hotel and does not provide a continental breakfast in the lobby or coffee as one would find at a Holiday Inn Express but the Applebee's does serve the full Holiday Inn Breakfast menu with a much wider seelection as well as their buffett breakfast.

Once again thank you for your time and comment and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Best Regards,
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista while enjoying a dad and son golf holiday. We also took in a couple of Disney Parks, along with Downtown Disney. There were only two of us, me and my then 8 year old son. We loved the pool area, my son met several kids his own age and had a great time playing. When we arrived they made him feel special and welcomed with tokens for the small but fun arcade on site. The room was quite spacious and featured the usual things one comes in expect in a 3 star hotel. The location was ideal, we had several day trips to golf or to a Disney Park and there were lots of dining options close by. There is also a couple of mini putt parks nearby which came in handy. Overall we were pleased with the location, accommodations and staff. Our only real let down was the Applebees on site, kids eat free which was nice however while the location was great, the food and service was not up to the usual standards of the chain. We often waited over 30 minutes for breakfast when there were only a small handful of guests in the restaurant. We found it easier and quicker to hop in the car and hit any one of a dozen other options nearby for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This area makes the travel to and from the parks very easy. While I was worried about other reviews complaining about the traffic, it was not bad enough to complain about. The room was clean and very comfortable. This is NOT a resort as claimed to be, but I don't get to define the word and they collect another $13 for free wifi and parking. Housekeeping forgot to restock soap and shampoo, quickly delivered to the room even at 1am. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rack rates are high, check Priceline for a better rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My s/o and I decided to take an impromptu overnight trip with our two little ones (3 and 2.) I booked a hotel, blindly, on hotwire.com for an AMAZING rate ($57) and this was the hotel given to me upon booking. We had spent the day at Sea World, so didn't arrive to the hotel till around 7pm. Check in was a QUICK breeze and Heather and Doris were very friendly!! Great smiles!! Our room was #153. When I enter a hotel room, the FIRST thing I do is get the A/C crankin'. Well, the A/C in our room didn't work. It is a wall unit controlled by a thermostat on the wall. The thermostat wouldn't even turn on. I called the front desk and maintenance came rather quickly (within 15 to 20 mins.) Priscilla even called the room twice to see if maintenance had arrived yet. Unfortunately, the very nice maintenance man wasn't able to fix the A/C. Almost INSTANTLY security was at our door with two brand new keys to a brand new room that was right next door (#154). I was VERY satisfied with how this matter was handled and the A/C in our new room worked wonderfully!! Our girls were pretty hungry from a day at the park so we decided just to eat at the Applebee's on grounds. Kids eat free DAY AND NIGHT!! Service was great!! Casey was our waiter and he had a smile throughout the entire service, even when my 2-year-old started to get cranky and overtired!! He was very patient! Food was good and kitchen time was quick!! The ONLY minor "complaint" I have is that the beds are VERY uncomfortable. They are VERY firm. Now, this is only MY opinion and someone else might enjoy a very firm mattress. I am 7 months pregnant and just couldn't get comfortable!! Overall though, we were very pleased and had a good time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!