“poor service not a resort” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #138 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Greenville
“poor service not a resort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I arrived and saw the sign valet parking 12 per day, I choose to self park. MY confirmation stated 12.oo valet per day so I figured no 12 per day charge. I asked what the 12 charge was on my bill and the agent said for the amenities I asked what amenities, no coffee in lobby no bfst, you can go to apple bee's and buy buffet for 12.00. The agent replied for self parking, that is to funny. I asked for a foam topper for my bed as it was hard and lumpy, no pad, the next day I asked again, and they gave am a mattress topper, one bed in my room had a 3 inch foam and mine was again hard and lumpy, honestly I got tired of asking. I stay at both Holiday Inns for business last week in the area and they were both great! and NO 12 fee to self park. will not stay again, very poor service . The hotel is worn once you pass the lobby

Room Tip: why do you ask about the bfst when you dont offer one, its at apple bees and they clearly define the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Pagrif,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay. The hotel apologizes that we were not able to meet your needs on the mattress comfort level. I have sent an e-mail to you to find out the room type you were in to be able to better address the mattress issue. The hotel is a full service hotel and does not provide a continental breakfast in the lobby or coffee as one would find at a Holiday Inn Express but the Applebee's does serve the full Holiday Inn Breakfast menu with a much wider seelection as well as their buffett breakfast.

Once again thank you for your time and comment and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista while enjoying a dad and son golf holiday. We also took in a couple of Disney Parks, along with Downtown Disney. There were only two of us, me and my then 8 year old son. We loved the pool area, my son met several kids his own age and had a great time playing. When we arrived they made him feel special and welcomed with tokens for the small but fun arcade on site. The room was quite spacious and featured the usual things one comes in expect in a 3 star hotel. The location was ideal, we had several day trips to golf or to a Disney Park and there were lots of dining options close by. There is also a couple of mini putt parks nearby which came in handy. Overall we were pleased with the location, accommodations and staff. Our only real let down was the Applebees on site, kids eat free which was nice however while the location was great, the food and service was not up to the usual standards of the chain. We often waited over 30 minutes for breakfast when there were only a small handful of guests in the restaurant. We found it easier and quicker to hop in the car and hit any one of a dozen other options nearby for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This area makes the travel to and from the parks very easy. While I was worried about other reviews complaining about the traffic, it was not bad enough to complain about. The room was clean and very comfortable. This is NOT a resort as claimed to be, but I don't get to define the word and they collect another $13 for free wifi and parking. Housekeeping forgot to restock soap and shampoo, quickly delivered to the room even at 1am. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rack rates are high, check Priceline for a better rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My s/o and I decided to take an impromptu overnight trip with our two little ones (3 and 2.) I booked a hotel, blindly, on hotwire.com for an AMAZING rate ($57) and this was the hotel given to me upon booking. We had spent the day at Sea World, so didn't arrive to the hotel till around 7pm. Check in was a QUICK breeze and Heather and Doris were very friendly!! Great smiles!! Our room was #153. When I enter a hotel room, the FIRST thing I do is get the A/C crankin'. Well, the A/C in our room didn't work. It is a wall unit controlled by a thermostat on the wall. The thermostat wouldn't even turn on. I called the front desk and maintenance came rather quickly (within 15 to 20 mins.) Priscilla even called the room twice to see if maintenance had arrived yet. Unfortunately, the very nice maintenance man wasn't able to fix the A/C. Almost INSTANTLY security was at our door with two brand new keys to a brand new room that was right next door (#154). I was VERY satisfied with how this matter was handled and the A/C in our new room worked wonderfully!! Our girls were pretty hungry from a day at the park so we decided just to eat at the Applebee's on grounds. Kids eat free DAY AND NIGHT!! Service was great!! Casey was our waiter and he had a smile throughout the entire service, even when my 2-year-old started to get cranky and overtired!! He was very patient! Food was good and kitchen time was quick!! The ONLY minor "complaint" I have is that the beds are VERY uncomfortable. They are VERY firm. Now, this is only MY opinion and someone else might enjoy a very firm mattress. I am 7 months pregnant and just couldn't get comfortable!! Overall though, we were very pleased and had a good time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

1st time at the Holiday Inn. The overall hotel was nice (but I wouldn't call it a resort). The hotel charges a resort fee of 13.95 a day to cover Shuttle fees to various parks, Even if you don't use the shuttles you get charged. They should just raise the room fee because they charge you the fee no matter what. Otherwise the hotel is very clean and quiet and the ladies at the guest services counter were very kind and helpful. The pool area is very large and nice for relaxing.The location is great to Universal parks and DIsney parks. Just 15 minutes to Disney and 10 minutes to Universal. Very easy access to highways and many dinning areas close by. They only down side was the resort fee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Johnfromhermitage,

Thank you for great comments about the resort and your thoughts on the resort fee! We do apologize that your impression was that the fee was only for the shuttle to the parks. The resort fee also covers items like free local phone calls, the safe in the room, free printing in the 24 hour business center, the kids movie theatre and the family favorite of supervised activities at the pool! We will soon be starting our Dive Inn movies as the weather continues to warm up and have even more fun and entertainment to be had poolside.

Thank you again for your honest thoughts and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at kdinatale@hiresortlbv.com

Best Regards,
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was our second trip to this holiday inn. Our last trip was in 2007. The hotel has been completely renovated since then and is remarkably nicer. The restaurant is open late which is nice for those staying late at the parks. We stayed in the double bunk room and my adult sized teenager slept comfortably in one of the twin bunks. The king sized bed was a bit firm, but after walking around all day that was helpful. Guest services do not guarantee early check in but they did get us checked in early and put us in a room with a nice view of the pool. This is an alright place to stay and was comfortable for a large family on a budget. Only issue we had was with the kids TV. They were some how connected and the kids kept losing their channel when the other TV went under a certain number.

• Stayed January 2013
Arlington, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great location to access the parks -- right off Interstate 4. Easy walk to 7-11, Wendy's, and of course Appleby's is attached to the hotel. 5 of us stayed in a suite with two sets of bunk beds. All of the families from our soccer team were put together. The rooms were clean and very solid. The pool is partially heated with two hot tubs. It's a huge pool and worked well. The arcade room's games are dated and the theatre is a little disappointing. The wait staff is great, the food is the restaurant was fair though the service was spotty. All is all, we had a positive experience and the kids had a blast.

The main complaint is that all of our clothes has a horrible musty, mildew smell when we got home -- we didn't notice it so much when we there although my son seemed allergic to something in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Julian1092,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. Despite this, I am sorry to know that you were inconvenienced with the experience with our room accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, many thanks for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!