Had to take a quick trip back to Disney to drop off my child for the college internship. And while there - was not intending on sightseeing or anything of that nature - took work as I knew I would probably spend a lot of time at the hotel while the kids signed in and what not for the program. The internet connection kept dropping so that my connection to my office disconnected numerous times causing me to lose unsaved work I was diligently working on. The beds were very hard despite looking so nice and fluffy. The front desk staff either had long days at work or simply took it as "it's just a job" type of attitude. The hotel staff I ran into (cleaning people & maintenance) would either see me coming and ignore me or look the other way so I wouldn't stop to ask them for anything. Let me tell you - I was just down in Disney for a real vacation and we stayed at a normal hotel - such as this - but was "inside Disney property" and we did NOT get the treatment we experienced here. I will say that the upbeat side to this hotel is that they have a lovely pool with an outdoor pool bar and pool tables for evening fun. Unfortunately the pool bar and pool tables were not open - but looked inviting had they been open. The Applebees was the highlight of this hotel as the staff inside the restaurant was very upbeat - young natured with DJ's on specific nights - felt like a very happy place to work. They did have a car rental attendant next to front desk. Very nice touch. And the "taxi" that we had take us to the airport is actually a Town Car that picks you up and takes you to the airport. They company works with the hotel and the lady that drove us was super nice and friendly. If you don't have a car - everything is within easy walking distance - restaurants, Starbucks, fast food, etc. We walked around a lot and enjoyed that convenience. Renovations were nice enough. Laundry facilities on specific floors was nice. Overall - the hotel itself was ok. The service could have been better, although. And read the fine print. If you use your debit card to pay for the room - you will get charged $25.00 a night for "incidentals". They do release those charges once you leave (assuming you haven't done any damage I suppose). But - beware of those extra charges on your debit card. In their booklet inside the room - it says charges may not be released for up to 30 days. So - count on that extra fee while you are there. And someone also commented on the resort fee. Yes - they do charge $12.95 or something for resort fees. They offer a bus to the outlet malls and Disney. But not to downtown Disney where you have a larger assortment of shops. That was a big disappointment as well for the price of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort® Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World® area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World®, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, playground, basketball court, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees® located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area’s plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn