“Our Stay =)” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Our Stay =)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Had a fantastic stay.. The Pool movies were fantastic. The pool was a little cold but that didn't stop us. The first room we got was dirty so they gave us a pool view w a balcony, fantastic. The Applebees in the hotel was def a plus. The shuttle we didn't use because with two small kids don't know when we will be coming and going from the parks. The hotel was very very nice. Cleanliness and looks for the price was great =) My family and I enjoyed this Holiday Inn very much. Thank you.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool..
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked through Priceline (name your own price) so for what I paid, I was happy. I'd never pay rack rate for this place though. Housekeeping was questionable at best. I always wear socks in hotel rooms and they'd be really dirty after just an hour or so. The beds were clean enough but I did find hairs (not ours) when we checked in. And the cap to my hair product fell under the sink and I forgot to pick it up. That was thrown away but the used plastic cups on the sink were left. Not sure how they decide what's trash and what isn't. The drawers on the dresser didn't close all the way nor did they pull out easily. I would have thrown it out if it were in my house but I guess for what I paid...

Other reviews said that the walls were paper thin. I could hear my neighbors *uhem* adult activities into the night. Luckily my son was able to sleep through it. I don't know if it were the thin walls so much as the door between the rooms that allowed us the intimate knowledge of their private life. And thank goodness we weren't near the pool. It was loud just walking by (we had to talk louder just to hear each other).

I'm also not exactly sure that I'd classify this as a resort. They do have a movie theater set up but it's all open and next to check in so it must get pretty loud. They do have an arcade with a couple of decent games. They also have a restaurant, an Applebee's but it was the worst service I've ever had at the chain which I normally like. We tried dining in. That was a disaster. We tried to get the 2/$20 deal but they were out of like 3 of the options. I tried ordering the sampler appetizer. They were out of 2 of the 3 things I wanted. They waited prob 15 min to come back to the table to tell us that one of the entrees ordered wasn't in stock (the riblets of all things!). They then brought out the 2 entrees that were ready and his about 5 min later. When we told the manager, she said it wasn't her store and she was just helping out. Wow. Way to reassure us.
We tried takign an order to go. Now I know that orders to go won't be the same but it was a disaster. Everything was cold and stale.

The front desk people were a bit of a challenge as well. When I booked, I only booked for 3 nights. I then extended (through Priceline) for another 3 nights. When I checked in, I double checked that I was good for the whole 6 nights. I was assured it was in the system and I was fine. Due to past experience, on the 4th day, I ran by the front desk to double check. Of course, they had us checking out that day. They then had to reissue new keys (even though our old keys still worked the entirety of our stay). Had I not checked, by the time we returned, our belongings might possibly have been left outside for us. Lovely.

And the 'business center' didn't have a functioning printer. While it did spit out paper with something resembling what you printed, the 2" black lines of ink on both sides of the sheet at both edges. I finally had to go to the front desk to get it printed. The guy was nice but didn't seem like he cared that the other printer was a p.o.s.

Overall it wasn't a disastrous time but I know it could have been worse. I wouldn't voluntarily book here again, but I do use Priceline a good bit so I might get stuck here. Won't be the end of the world but won't be a great day either.

Room Tip: Not by the pool!
Langley City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Do not stay here if you want a good night sleep! Our kids (2 and 5) could not sleep and this ruined our Disney outing. Front desk refused to give us a quieter room. Many guests at the pool told similar story. We could hear the TV from the room next door until 11 pm and were forced to sleep with the very noisy A/C on to drown out other noise. They claim (on sign left on bathroom counter) that they will do whatever they can to make your stay satisfactory, or refund that portion of your trip - they did neither. Rude at the front desk. The room had a "motel" feel.
Heard people say that if you book through 3rd party (expedia, etc) they give you a room like we ended up with. If thats true, shame on them. I'll never stay there again.
If you have small kids, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HILBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear CanadaGoose181724

We are very concerned about the perception of service you experienced at our property during your most recent stay. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Please rest assured all team members have been trained in the art of guest service, and will always do what is in the best interest of our guest. It is unfortunate that you feel this was not the case. Please accept our sincere apology. We ask that you contact us at 407-387-4500 so that we can make this right for you.

The room in which you were assigned was based on the booking parameters of the website you booked on. We (Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista) much like a cruisline pick your room for you based on our availability. Unfortunately, your original request to move rooms was not able to be granted, because we were out of inventory. However, it is still our principal goal to satisfy every guest.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology,
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pros: Very close to Disney, rooms were nice and large, felt very safe, pool rules are strictly enforced (pool closes at 11pm, thank God... there were huge groups of rowdy kids (mostly girls) staying at the hotel, possibly some convention going on), and we were given complimentary toiletry items such as tooth paste. Cons: Don't expect much sleep as the walls are paper thin, elevators are creepy (think Tower of Terror... feels like it's going to break down and free fall any minute), and there were a couple of ants on the bed as well as the bathroom floor. We would definitely stay here again, though.

PS: Don't plan on purchasing your Disney tickets from here unless you want to be asked about time shares, or pay extra convenience fees (I think they want something like 3 extra dollars per ticket because you aren't buying them on Disney property)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor user: TravelBear777

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Don't let the negative reviews scare you away from this hotel. This hotel is a great value, at about half the price of the Disney Value Resorts.
The staff was very nice and helpful. They let us upgrade our room from the 1 bunk kidsuite to the 2 bunk kidsuite for no additional charge. The rooms were clean and housekeeping came everyday to change the linens on the beds and to bring us towels and clean the room. The room had a large dorm size fridge (bigger than I was expecting) a microwave, and a safe in the closet. We made a couple of trips to the Walmart located 2 miles up the road to buy food to fill up our fridge.
The hotel has a nice large pool area with palm trees and the Applebees Poolside Tiki Bar. I was disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. The kids used the pool a couple of times, but I never got in due to the cold water. The hotel also has 2 hot tubs, that we did use and were nice.
This hotel is located at a tricky intersection, especially on the weekends. It will take some time to get out of the hotel or back into it. Plus there is a concrete median in the middle of the road in front of the hotel, so no left turns. If you want to go left, you have to turn right and go down to the second stop light and make a U-turn. Where I come from U-turns are illegal, but I guess not in Florida.

Dear Tripadvisor user marywickwire

I'm concerned about the Housekeeping issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Cabo Frio, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed one week in two very well furnished bedrooms, with a nice varanda and view over the pool area. The location is perfect, next to all atractions, close enough to malls and shopping facilities, plus next door to a gas station plus a seven eleven and Walgreens and also a nice restaurant Applebees.
So we were hosted at a walking distance from all sort of facilities. Regarding the hotel I only have compliments. The cleaning service was excelent. The people from front desk are kind and they recommended me a perfect place for a quiet dinner, thank you José, you also teached me how to get there. I also wont forget the security manager who brought me back my camera, lost in the computer room. A very nice hotel for a family holiday. We will come back. Lais Sonkin

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here for five night after having spent four in a Disney hotel.

The rooms are large and clean. The location is very close to Disney by car, but getting in and out of the hotel is a bit of an adventure. The road facing the hotel is 6 lanes wide and very congested.

Now the good parts; very friendly staff, lovely outdoor pool with Applebys bar poolside; the Applebys itself while not offering gourmet cuisine, did serve decent food at reasonable prices. Take note, you have to get a voucher at the hotel front desk for the kids to eat free.

All in all, if you want a larger room close to Disney for 1/2 the price of a room at Disney (rooms seem to be $ 90 - $ 110 / night) this is an excellent option. We chose the kids suite with bunkbeds which the kids realy enoyed, as did we.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!