“Great Service, Tiny Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Movies

You added Disney's All-Star Movies to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Movies
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #144 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Service, Tiny Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have just returned from our Disney World vacation. We stayed at the All-Star Movies resort. The service throughout the entire place is excellent! You can always get an immediate answer to your concern. Our only complaint is that the room is a bit small. For 2 adults and 2 kids and luggage and souveniers and wet clothes, there is absolutely not enough room. There is essentially only an aisle way through the room to the bathroom. Also, the air conditioning dosen't go high enough and you wake up in a sweat. However, the rooms are very clean and are stocked up everyday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family and I stayed for 9 nights in a 3rd floor room at the Toy Story (Block 9) sector. As reflected in many reviews of the All-Stars Movie, this value resort (relative to other premium but more expensive Disney World resorts) provides basic amenities and comfort that I opin meet the needs of most people who visit Disney World. Shall not add any further comment about the room size and in-room amenities. Surprisingly, the bed and pillows were comfortable enough for us to have quite a good night rest.

Staying more than a week, I appreciate the guest laundry (USD2 each for washer and dryer, USD1.25 each for detergent and Bounce. Pay in quarters, coin changing machine that accepts $1 & 5 notes available within the laundry) although it is quite a distance from where I stayed (The laundry is located next to the quieter Duck Pond Pool at Mighty Ducks sector. Resort guest card required for access).

The cast members I came into contact were helpful and friendly. Requests were attended to within reasonable length of time. Food at the World Premiere food court was average (it's eat to go). If one is particular, I suggest heading down to Downtown Disney area or check out eateries at the theme parks or other Disney resorts (There's a MacDonalds located at the junction before the vehicular entrance into All Stars Resorts area).

For the price I paid, I didn't expect any X factors or walk-the-extra-mile surprises which essentially is the case. To be fair, I should add that I received what I expected. This resort (or perhaps the All Stars Sports or Music) is one to go for those working within a relatively small budget, both in terms of cost and expectation.

Room Tip: High floor rooms at Toy Story or Mighty Ducks sector are quieter. Ask for rooms at Mighty Ducks or...
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here end of May through early June. Absolutely loved it. The kids loved the atmosphere, and so did my husband and myself. The rooms are small, but you're at Disney World! Get out and enjoy Disney! The pools were huge, and surprisingly, not too crowded. The food court had excellent choices as well. I could not have been any happier with our stay.

Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I wanted to treat ourselves and stay at a "Disney" Hotel for the first time for our 3 weeks of vacation. When we arrived at 1130 pm sunday night we found out that this hotel is like Motel 6 slapped with Disney Decor!

I requested for a king size bed at least 9 months prior to my arrival. What they dont tell you is that all the king size beds available are for handicap access. I don't know how they would expect someone in a wheelchair to maneuver in that room because you barely have room to have 2 people walk side by side in them. The room is quite cramped and my husband was able to take a shower with no tub and watch tv from the bedroom at the same time with the door opened because the tv in the bedroom is like 12 feet away from the bathroom. The only thing separating the sink from the bedroom (which is a step away) was a curtain and right next to the sink are shelves. No closet or space to even put your luggage in.

I called early next morning and to add to the disappointment I spoke with customer service and told them that this was not what I was expecting for a disney room especially for what I was payed for, for a 3 week stay. The representative I spoke with replied with "What did you expect?" I later spoke with the manager and told him the call that I experienced and how unhappy we were about the room. He offered other Disney hotels in which I would have to pay at least an additional $1000 with no discounts to the already $2500 I was paying for 3 weeks. I told him I was going to go look for another hotel and that I wanted a refund. I spent 3 hours looking for another hotel and when I went to go check out at 1pm the manager was going to charge me another day. I told him I spent 3 hours looking for another hotel and I wasn't going to pay for another day after much going back and forth he finally just refunded my money less one night. Truly not a "Magical Day"!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love 1,001 Dalmatian statues. Even the walks have dog bones. Bed is comfortable, room is a little small. Food is great in the food court. Buses are always there, you don't have to wait to get to park. Everyone is very helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

All the facilities the hotel offers are worth the price.
I live in Brazil, and ordered some stuff to be delivered at my hotel room, when I arrived they were waiting for me on my room! (How great i that??)
Also you can enjoy extra hours on the parks (That is perfect, so you can enjoy rides with a much smaller waiting line)
The transports are safe and fast,
The rooms are confortable and clean!
It's just perfect...

Room Tip: I was on the ground level floor, and the room were really quiet, so no need to worry.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We wanted a great vacation for our family of four for the best price possible. We found it by booking a stay at All-Star Movies Resort. We chose the Disney Dining Plan and a 5 day park hopper pass with water park option. There was almost too much food and we were able to see all the parks had to offer in the 10 days we were there.

The room was small but clean. We didn't spend time in the room so it really wasnt an issue. The only complaint I had was the AC was motion activated so it got a little warm at night. I had to dance in front of the sensor at 3 AM every morning to get it running again!! Other than that, we stayed in the Fantasia building which is right near the beautiful Fantasia pool, the main building and Disney bus service. Everything we needed was right there and we never had to wait long.

Leave it to Disney to make a great vacation for our family. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a preferred room so you are closest to the main building and transportation services
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies? Share your experiences!