I have previously stayed at Disney's Moderate properties, to save money on this recent trip we decided to stay at a Value resort since we knew we would not be spending much time at the hotel but rather the parks.
Overall the property was clean and well kept, everyone was really nice, the rooms were clean we had slight issues with the AC the first day, but just leave it alone and works well rather than messing with it. The outlets in the room did suck, nothing I plugged in wanted to stay in the outlet, they always slid out a little.
We stayed in the dalmation bulilding which is a preferred room which comes at an extra cost, but on this trip they upgraded up for free since we arrived early and a room in that building was ready. This building is close to the Fantasia pool (main pool), main building and food court (invest in the resort cups for free refills, comes in handy for powerade to hydrate and not breaking the bank at 3 dollars a bottle throughout the parks), also close to the bus lines.
The thing about the values is that the buses are usually commonly shared between all star resorts, there are lines all out front of the building in the sun, no shade what so ever and you wait in line for your buses to come. This is the number one con for me, at Port Orleans where we stayed before buses come to depots around the resort where everyone wait togethers, not in a line of any sort, for the bus of their choice to stop by all while waiting in the shade, This is not the case at the allstars, I would pay the extra money to not have to wait for the buses in lines in the sun.
Other than the line issues, this resort served us well. But it you don't want to stand in the beaming sun for upwards of 30 minutes sometimes longer, pay the extra money and stay at a moderate. Sometimes buses came quicky, sometimes we waited forever, but the time to travel to all parks and areas was not bad at all.
Overall this is great place to stay to save money, but if you get irritated by waiting in lines in the hot sun for buses, along with the waiting in lines in the sun at the parks all in a days work, stay at a moderate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is a Disney Value Resort hotel featuring giant icons that salute classic Disney films—including Disney·Pixar's Toy Story, Fantasia, The Love Bug, The Mighty Ducks and One Hundred and One Dalmatians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel