“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Movies

Save Saved
You added Disney's All-Star Movies to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Movies
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #132 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Lynnwood
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days on our family Disney trip. Overall we had a great experience the room was clean and the staff was friendly. We enjoyed the use of the pool and the convenience of the onsite dinning. We were able to get extra pillows and a pack in play with ease. I also love that we were able to have pizza delivered to our room which was great when we came back with tired and cranky young ones from the park. The draw back for me was the double bed which can be difficult for two adults to sleep in. I also wish the dinning had some healthier options most food was pretty generic.Another draw back is transportation, I love having the Disney buses but if you stay for the firework shows it can take hours to get back to the hotel there does not seem to be enough buses to accommodate the amount of guests.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Toy Story area which was nice because it was close enough that we only had a short...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Hudson, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews, but I will say I was very pleasantly surprised with how great our stay was!

We have 2 little ones, (3 & 5) who we brought to WDW for my daughter's 5th birthday. We got a package with free quick service dining, and it was a HUGE savings for us. I will say that the check in process was LONG. There really has to be a better way, especially since I had checked in online a week prior to arriving. Shortly after we arrived, there was a slight issue with how our passes were coded (the dining plan wasn't picking up) but it was easily taken care of with friendly and efficient service.

Our room was small, but about what we expected for a value resort. We were in the Mighty Ducks building, which is a short walk from the main building. The only issue we had with our room was the sometimes OVERWHELMING smell of chlorine. It seemed to happen most often during the first part of the day. It didn't bother us enough to move.

The food in the hotel's food court was definitely above average! We ate there a lot that week, and certainly took advantage of the refillable mug that came with our dining plan.

My daughter very much enjoyed the movies in the evening out by the fantasia pool!

The bussing was another thing I was nervous about, but it honestly wasn't an issue during our stay. There were 1 or 2 times that the busses were full and it was tight, but we went during a slow time and never had to wait long.

All in all a great stay! My daughter wants to stay here again the next time we go to WDW!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was great for the price. We stayed 3 days for a Disney Christmas vacation and had an outstanding time. It's worth staying on the park grounds for the cheaper tickets and parking. We bought this hotel stay as a package with food, parking and a park hopper and saved so much money. I did my research and even priced a very cheap hotel down the road that would have cost more money.
We had one small issue and Disney rectified it immediately. We brought food and drinks for snacks and our cake that wasn't quite sealed up had bugs on it the next morning. I called the front desk and they moved us to a new room and credited us some money for the food. The whole stay was amazing and we were treated like royalty. You do pay quite a price for the whole vacation but Disney makes it worth your money. We left feeling special and full of fun memories.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

i will be reviewing my personal experiences of stopping at this resort, and ti shall start of by saying that this review will be a lot similar to my all star sports review, but slightly different when discussing my only concern. i am 19 years old have visited this resort 3 times, once when i was very young, other times, very recently. we have stopped here with small groups and large groups, young children and elders, and this resort truly caters for everyone.

i will start of by saying that, as an english family who spends a majority of our holiday in the theme parks, we treat our hotel as a base camp. we never usually spend a great deal of time in our hotel unless we spend mornings and evenings around the pool. and my personal preference is, your in disney world?! why spend loads on a splash out hotel when you're going for the theme parks anyway? as long as the resort is clean, family friendly and offers the basics to food and sleep arrangements we truly aren't fussed, this is why we always choose the all stars!!

so what is my concern about this resort? if you have done your research into the all star resorts, you will have discovered there are 3, sports (first pick up first drop off), music (middle) and movies (last pick up, last drop off). and because the movies is the last hotel of the all stars it is the last pick up and drop off point as these resorts do tend to share buses on busy mornings and night trips home with the exception of one or two theme parks offering separate bus services. and due to this issue, if you are staying in disney world in a busy time of the year, you could find the lines for the buses to be quite long, plus the chances of you getting a seat on the buses both in the morning and at night are very very slim and you should be expecting to stand. we personally have found this issue very tiring and very draining which is why we choose to pick the all star sports. however if you stay at the disney resort at a quiet time of the year such as september, then the buses should not be an issue.

overall this resort is very similar to my all star sports review but i did want to point out the bus service issue, however this resort is very welll set out, not to big, offers everything you require when staying abroad and we couldn't ask for more! please email me if you require any further assistance!! whity1966@googlemail.com

Room Tip: please check for any events disney may have on, on the date you plan to visit, as the bus service ca...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the All Star Movies Resort for 5 nights at the end of January. The resort was great. Clean, friendly, and well maintained. There was a bit of a wait at check-in, but a Disney employee came to chat to me while I was waiting. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. While I checked in, my 6 year old son and husband watch Disney shows in the lobby.

We stayed in the Toy Story building. This was a preferred room because this building also happens to be one of the closets to the pool, food court, and bus stop. It was very cool how you walked through a big door into Andy's room. The large statues of Toy Story characters were impressive and our son loved it.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. Very well maintained and perfect for the amount of time you stay in your room. The little details such as the towel made into Mickey ears and the Mickey shampoo and soap made it extra Disney.

The Fantasia pool was very large and fairly warm. There are no water slides but a Mickey statue spraying water. There were plenty of lounge chairs to sit on and it was never very busy, but we were there during a low time and it wasn't super hot. The lifeguards were great and offered our son a life jacket because he saw another child with one. We were able to keep the life jacket the entire length of our trip and just had to return it at the end. This is a great feature for young kids.

The food court area was just okay. We ate there once for lunch and it was okay, although I found it a bit disorganized and it was the only place where I encountered employees who weren't overly friendly. It was always insanely busy in the morning. I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer. There were large groups of Brazilian tourists so you would get large groups eating all at once.

Resort transportation was great. It was very easy to catch and we were never waiting for more than 10 minutes for a bus. We were lucky and always got a seat but the buses would have people standing, which isn't ideal for a 25 minute bus ride. But overall it was better to take a bus than drive so it was worth it. When there were longer lines for the buses, the would always dispatch a new bus.

The little extras are what are great about a Disney resort. Yes you're stuck on the resort and your dining options are a bit limited (you either eat at your resort or go to a park) but with small children it is totally worth it. I think it really made the trip extra special for our son. From the theme, to the Disney store, the movies at the pool at night, afternoon activities (which we didn't get to participate in), and even the Disney bedtime story on a special TV station to wind kids down, this resort was a winner.

Also, I'd highly recommend the dining plan. I think it was a great deal and we weren't constantly thinking about how expensive the food is. We got the dining plan free as a promo offer and paid a little extra for the table service plan where you get a snack, counter service, and table service meal per day. This was well worth it as we were eating $100 table service meals and it really made the holiday like an all-inclusive....no thought about how much things cost at all.

All in all, a fantastic, fun, stress free holiday. If your child likes Toy Store, this resort is a must. I'd just make sure to plan a trip during the low season. I suspect if it's really busy, the parks and the resort may not be as fun.

Room Tip: Get a preferred room. It's a large resort and preferred rooms are closest to the pool, food cour...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you want Disney on a budget this is your resort. The rooms are small, the washroom is tiny but you are on Disney property with all the perks. The rooms do not have a balcony, its your typical motel style rooms but if you know thats what you ae getting, you won't be disappointed.
We were there for the race weekend with friends, it was a great place to stay on budget!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Steeleville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently had a short trip to Walt Disney World and decided to stay at All Star Movies for the 3rd time.

I love this resort! I'm a movie buff so to see all the larger than life movie icons is amazing.

I was staying in the 101 Dalmatians wing. In front of the 2 buildings were giant statues of Pongo and Purdie (the two adult dogs from the movie) and the stairwells were fire hydrants. The area between the two buildings had the sidewalk made to look like red white and blue dog treats. Also there was a puppy sitting in front of a TV that guests could get behind for a photo op. My favorite part was paw prints in the concrete making it look like a puppy walked in the concrete before it dried.

The Mighty Ducks wing had giant duck billed goalie masks in front of the buildings and hockey nets for the stairwells. Between the 2 buildings was the Duck Pond Pool. This was the resorts more quiet pool were you can relax without all the poolside activities. The pool itself it painted up to look like a Hockey ring. It has a small building holding the guest laundry facilities and was themed to be a locker room. There was also a huge scoreboard that was really a clock. Near the pool was a statue of Goofy as a goalie in front of a hockey net.

The wing furthest away from the main building (Cinema Hall) was themed to Herbie The Love Bug. The front half of Herbie was on one building and the back side of Herbie was on the other. Giant movie clapboards were the stairwells. In between the 2 buildings was the Winner's Circle featuring a life size Herbie you can take photos with.

Moving back toward Cinema Hall were the Fantasia buildings. One was themed to the original Fantasia and had the iconic sorcerer's hat in front and the stairwells were a book bearing the title Fantasia. The other building was themed to Fantasia 2000 and had a jack-in-the-box out front with the stairwell book having the title Fantasia 2000. Between the 2 buildings were statues of Donald and Daisy with webbed footprints in the concrete. Also between the 2 building was the resort's main pool themed of course to Fantasia. A statue of Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey sprayed water into the pool. This is where the resort's activities happen and can get loud at times. Interesting note is when I walked by the pool early in the morning a pair of ducks were taking a swim. There is also another Guest Laundry facility. Next to the pool in an area blocked off my trees was a tiny playground area for children.

The final wing of the resort was themed to Toy Story. RC (the remote controlled car fro the movies) was on the path leading to the buildings and you could actually get in RC for a photo op. (Though getting out is the REAL problem). In front of one building is a giant Buzz Lightyear with blocks spelling out BUZZ and in front of the other was a giant Woody doll complete with ANDY written on his boot and blocks spelling out WOODY. In between the two buildings was a mock up of Andy's Room with statues of Bo Peep and Rex the dinosaur along with a giant checkers set with hidden Micky on them. The stairwells were giant Bucket O Soldiers.

Cinema Hall was the main building that housed the lobby, arcade, food court, and gift shop. I didn't go in the arcade so i can't review it. I only had one meal at the World Premier Food Court. I had a meatball sub that was very good. The Cast Member let me substitute coleslaw with 2 breadsticks so that made he happy. The food was very good and there was a ton of seating.

Donald's Double Feature was the name of the gift shop. It was full of shirts, hats, plushes, pins, and even had bottle of soda, water, beer, other assorted alcohol and a small variety of snack food.

Check in was very speedy and the Cast Member was very pleasant. I left a credit card on file so I didn't have a formal check out.

Now on to the room itself. I was on the ground floor of a 101 Dalmatians room so it was a very short walk to Cinema Hall and the bus stop. The room had two double beds and fit my needs perfectly since I only need a room for a bed and shower. I can see it being a bit to small for those traveling with a family but as a solo traveler it was perfect.

Mousekeeping did an excellent job cleaning the room and even displayed my plushie and doll I bought as well as the bird made out of a towel in the window.

There was a picture of a puppy and Cruella De Vil on the far wall and a border near the ceiling with the logo of the 5 movies the resort is themed to.

Each room has a large screen flat panel TV. I don't watch much TV while on vacation but I do always enjoy seeing Stacey on the Must Do Disney in house channel.

I took the Magical Express from the airport to the resort complete with the luggage delivery service. I was amazed to see that my luggage actually beat me to the resort!

The only complaint I have is that all 3 of the All Star resorts (Sports, Music, and Movies) share a bus line. Movies is the last resort on the line so I never had a seat on the bus.

All in all I do highly recommend this resort to those on a budget. Like I said before families may want to look at a moderate resort of even a suite at All Star Music or Art Of Animation but it fit my needs perfectly. If it didn't I wouldn't have stayed there 3 times lol.

Room Tip: 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia, and Toy Story are considered premium rooms and cost a bit more per night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies? Share your experiences!