“Exceptional resort and cost savings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Movies

You added Disney's All-Star Movies to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Movies
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #143 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Madison, Wisconsin
“Exceptional resort and cost savings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

DO NOT let the price or distance of Disney's All-Start Movies fool you when compared to other Disney resorts or those "other" brands. My wife and I stayed three nights at the All-Star Movies during a wedding over an extended weekend. I will be the first to admit, at first glance from the website and reviews I thought the resort would not be adult friendly and over-run by future Princesses and Buzz Lightyears. While the resort is geared towards 16 and under, there are great amenities for the adults and older kids.

Here are a few highlights for the adults: If you're traveling as a couple, consider the Love Bug wing of the resort. These two buildings are a 5 min walk from the main building (gallery), but this also gives you some distance from the pool, arcade and bus line. The minimal distance gives you a little space from the plethora of kids running around, and enjoy down time in your room. Our room (7926) was a third floor room facing green space, no parking lot or pool to look out at. Each floor has a vending machine and ice maker. TIP - buy the reusable mug for $15 when you arrive. You can fill the mug with soda (great for mixers), several types of tea, or coffee. Alcohol is available for purchase by the can, or bottle inside Donald's store front at the gallery. A pool bar is also available, although you can save $ by purchasing the mug and your favorite mixer from Donald's. The "dining hall" has a variety, and we found it helpful buying personal cereal bowls each evening with a small carton of milk. The two times we bought hot meals, our total was under $30 for a hot sub combo and turkey combo with sides. For a resort, we were pleasantly surprised at meal costs and quality of food. Pool hours are 7am to 11pm, and as we went in the off season (JAN 27-30) there is plenty of space to stretch out and soak in Orlando sun.

Unless you plan to leave the WDW grounds, don't rent a car. I was nervous initially with using Disney's Magical Express, but WDW has exceptional service. From the time you arrive at MCO, your luggage (with Express tags) is handled by your domestic air carrier and WDW staff. Our bags arrived in our rooms via airport within 2 hours. When you depart, take advantage of airline check in service at the resort. If you're flying domestic, WDW will give you boarding passes and check in your luggage for final destination. This means you board the Express with only carryon bags, and arrive at MCO to skip the ticket counters and long lines. If you want to explore Orlando, taxi stands are available on the grounds of each resort. Final note regarding transportation on WDW grounds, they have a system that will get you anywhere - Downtown Disney, Epcot, Coronado Resort, Magic Kingdom, you name it, and the buses are free for guests. No tickets, no badges to display, you get on the bus and go to the next destination. There is no complicated bus system or maps to read.

The rooms themselves are well appointed and efficient for a couple or family of four. Our room had two twin beds, a dining table / desk with two chairs, personal refrigerator, flat screen TV and curtain divider between the main room and vanity / bathroom. The only negative to our room, no microwave. Considering resort rooms range from $85 to $400+ per night, All-Star Movies was a great stay.

Room Tip: Love Bug wing is one of the furthest wings, but also comes with less children and more green space...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during Jan. 23 until Jan. 26 for my son's 5th bday because we were visiting Disney! Upon arrival I was a little skeptical because of mixed reviews I read and I myself enjoy really nice hotels. Well I arrived at the hotel and I have to say this is most definitely a great hotel for families with children.... The hotel picked up from the airport, took us to any Disney location that we desired, and had more than enough amenities at the hotel... What's more luxury than that right?! The hotel had an arcade, a bar, disney store, heated pool, movies under the stars, and free shuttle!!! You can beat it! The hotel also had a food court hosting about 3 Disney resturants. I believe most places closed about 1:00am at the hotel so that was a plus! You can never get bored here. Now to the Room... Ok my honest opinion and I am very critical of hotels is that it was very CLEAN, Nice Bed, Clean Bathroom, Decor for the kids! I really enjoyed it! Your not in the room most of the time so this was a great choice! Hotel workers were beyond helpful. If you don't like food in cafeteria a few pizza places deliver. Shuttle buses run like every 20mins and pick you up from disney locations. They also take you back to airport and you can check your luggage in at the hotel. Also they will deliver you bags to the room. Service were so outstanding!!!!! I would visit again!!!! My son really enjoyed all of the gigantic disney figures like buzz, woody etc surrounding the hotel... It's like your in the characters world and we are the small people!!!! So freaking cool!!!! Go to this hotel and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If its something your not happy with which I doubt you'll have any issues!!! Just tell one of the disney workers your problem and I'm sure they help.... Everyone in Disney Uniform was extremly helpful regardless of they're actual position!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Groton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is one of the Disney "value" places to stay but for all its down market compared to the others, its very clean, functional and friendly. If you are on a budget with a family I would definitely recommend it.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just stayed at the All Star Movie Resort on 01-25-2013 to 01-27-2013. I had read the reviews for this resort and was actually a little scared of what we would find. We (two adults, two children) arrived at night (after 8-we live in St. Pete) and I went right to the online check in line without a wait. The girl at the counter was helpful in reviewing all the information that I had entered and took all of less than 5 minutes. The room was easy to find by the directions that were given. The grounds of the resort were of course Disney standards- Pretty and spotless. We arrived at our room, which was the 3rd story and had a great view of the character statues. The room had two double beds with a cute towel design of Mickey Ears placed on the bed.(there was a mini fridge) It was VERY cute and clean. Not at all what I had expected because of some of the reviews posted on here.
After dropping everything off, we headed to the grounds to check it out. CUTE CUTE CUTE. It was all sectioned off by Toy Story, Herbie, 101 Dalmations, Fantasia etc. The statues were huge and pretty cool and my 5 year old loved it!!. They were playing a movie out by the pool (it was heated). Even though it was cold for us to even think of swimming, there were some in the pool, and lifeguards on duty. After the tour of the grounds we went inside to check out the resort dining. The dining area was pretty large and had an array of snacks, drinks, ice cream, alcoholic beverages dinners and made to order dinners. We had purchased the Dining Plan, which I will tell you was WELL worth it. Each person that is on the dining plan, receives a plastic, souvenier cup that is refillable at all the resorts within Disney (not the parks) until you leave. The food was not what I had expected, which was quite tasty. The dining plan is based on the number of nights you stay at the resort and can be used at the resort AND at the disney parks. We stayed two nights, received 4 meals and 2 snacks a piece. Snack include ice cream, smoothies, sundaes,pastries. Everything was really good. I think that the food was better at the resort than the parks.

To sum it up: The hotel staff was very nice and the only drawback overall was that I wish they would supply the rooms with Queen beds rather than doubles, for a more comfortable stay. The double beds were too small for our family.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, I would suggest asking for a room not overlooking the courtyard. As guests...
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an amazing hotel for people who loves to stay a lot of time at the parks and just want the hotel to get to sleep, rooms are very comfortable but a little small, location is amazing cause they are very near from the parks plus the advantages of being a disney guest, like extra hours in the park on some days and getting all the things you buy, sent to the hotel´s giftshop.

Room Tip: Best Rooms are in the Fantasia section, it are near from lobby and buses.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yorktown, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this resort on our first trip to Disney. We really enjoyed our stay! The Magic Express was wonderful. It is a nice charter bus that picks us up from the airport included in room charge. Our bags were picked up by Disney employees and delivered to our room. Check in was a breeze and then off to the bus stop to see the parks! Pool was nice and there was games there daily for the kids. There was also movies at night! The rooms were small and clean and had a refridgerator for a preferred room. But we did not spend much time in the room. Food court was nice and convient on the property that consisted of caferteria food.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was our first time staying on Disney property and Disney did not disappoint! We stayed in the Toy Story building and it was great. We were close to the lobby and the pool. My daughter even played on the playground right outside our building. We loved how convenient the food court was and the food was excellent. The room was very clean and housekeeping kept us well stocked everyday with towels and soap/shampoo. This is a great resort, I love the themes at the resort. It makes you feel like you are in another world. We are already planning our next trip and All Star Movies is on the top of the list!

Room Tip: Toy Story section close to everything. Pay the extra for a preferred room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies? Share your experiences!