DO NOT let the price or distance of Disney's All-Start Movies fool you when compared to other Disney resorts or those "other" brands. My wife and I stayed three nights at the All-Star Movies during a wedding over an extended weekend. I will be the first to admit, at first glance from the website and reviews I thought the resort would not be adult friendly and over-run by future Princesses and Buzz Lightyears. While the resort is geared towards 16 and under, there are great amenities for the adults and older kids.
Here are a few highlights for the adults: If you're traveling as a couple, consider the Love Bug wing of the resort. These two buildings are a 5 min walk from the main building (gallery), but this also gives you some distance from the pool, arcade and bus line. The minimal distance gives you a little space from the plethora of kids running around, and enjoy down time in your room. Our room (7926) was a third floor room facing green space, no parking lot or pool to look out at. Each floor has a vending machine and ice maker. TIP - buy the reusable mug for $15 when you arrive. You can fill the mug with soda (great for mixers), several types of tea, or coffee. Alcohol is available for purchase by the can, or bottle inside Donald's store front at the gallery. A pool bar is also available, although you can save $ by purchasing the mug and your favorite mixer from Donald's. The "dining hall" has a variety, and we found it helpful buying personal cereal bowls each evening with a small carton of milk. The two times we bought hot meals, our total was under $30 for a hot sub combo and turkey combo with sides. For a resort, we were pleasantly surprised at meal costs and quality of food. Pool hours are 7am to 11pm, and as we went in the off season (JAN 27-30) there is plenty of space to stretch out and soak in Orlando sun.
Unless you plan to leave the WDW grounds, don't rent a car. I was nervous initially with using Disney's Magical Express, but WDW has exceptional service. From the time you arrive at MCO, your luggage (with Express tags) is handled by your domestic air carrier and WDW staff. Our bags arrived in our rooms via airport within 2 hours. When you depart, take advantage of airline check in service at the resort. If you're flying domestic, WDW will give you boarding passes and check in your luggage for final destination. This means you board the Express with only carryon bags, and arrive at MCO to skip the ticket counters and long lines. If you want to explore Orlando, taxi stands are available on the grounds of each resort. Final note regarding transportation on WDW grounds, they have a system that will get you anywhere - Downtown Disney, Epcot, Coronado Resort, Magic Kingdom, you name it, and the buses are free for guests. No tickets, no badges to display, you get on the bus and go to the next destination. There is no complicated bus system or maps to read.
The rooms themselves are well appointed and efficient for a couple or family of four. Our room had two twin beds, a dining table / desk with two chairs, personal refrigerator, flat screen TV and curtain divider between the main room and vanity / bathroom. The only negative to our room, no microwave. Considering resort rooms range from $85 to $400+ per night, All-Star Movies was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is a Disney Value Resort hotel featuring giant icons that salute classic Disney films—including Disney·Pixar's Toy Story, Fantasia, The Love Bug, The Mighty Ducks and One Hundred and One Dalmatians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Disney's All-Star Movies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movie Resort
- Disneys All Star Movies Resort
- All Star Hotel Disney
- Disney All Star Hotel
- Disney Movie Resort
- All Star Movie Resort Disney World
- Disney All Star Movies Resort
- Disney All Star Resort Orlando Florida
- Disneys All Star Movie Hotel