“So much fun!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Movies

You added Disney's All-Star Movies to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Movies
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #144 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Israel
“So much fun!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

First of all, I have to say we chose this hotel for our trip to DisneyWorld because it wasn't very expensive and because we loved the idea of giant Disney chracters. These reasons turned out to be just right, and we ended up loving the hotel: reasonable prices, nice spacious room, very nice food court with a big variety of options, free meals and snacks (it was in our deal), kind staff, and of course- the very beautiful Disney design! We actually spent around two hours just walking around, enjoying the different areas and taking pictures. Having said all of that, you need to keep few things in mind: First, as much as you love the giant characters, the standard rooms are in buildings that are not that interestings (I believe we stayed at the Mighty Ducks building that only had giant hockey clubs in front of it- and it wasn't very close to the resort entrance). If you want to stay in a building with better characters and closer to the entrance, you'll need to take a more expensive room (I think that the Toy Story buildings are the most expensive). Second, since this is a good and reasonably priced hotel, many many people stay there and the buses to/from parks and this resort at the start and end of every day are very busy. I think we had to wait about an hour sometimes just to get on the bus (we were there in Nov-Dec 2011). Last, this is a relatively old hotel so the maintenance isn't so great. Our toilet got clogged twice, the second time being a day after the staff fixed it. Overall- I definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for something fun and not expensive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sure you could probably stay at a better hotel while at Disney - but you'll pay heavily for the privilege.

The All Star Movie resort has everything you could possibly need at a stay to the Magic Kingdom. Great foodcourt, laundry room, pools and easy access to the bus / shuttle system.

If you are on a budget this is a perfect onsite option.

Would not reccomend staying offsite, the perks that you get by staying at a Disney Hotel are not to be sniffed at. Fast pass meant that we could go on some of the rides several times as opposed to standing in neverending queues.

Ditch the meal plan - it's overpriced and choice is limited.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We stay here when we comes to Disney. We love the food court, food is delicious and fresh. Housekeeping is always smiling and saying hello. Pool is clean and love the gift shop. Check in is easy. Just wish they would update carpets and furniture, kinda old and ratty but I have no other complaints

• Stayed May 2012
Adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in the 'preferred' Toy Story building for 6 nights. Sure, the room was basic but it was very clean with all the Disney touches. Staff and service was great, as was the shuttle services. The only thing that let's it down was the food court. Very overpriced for what you actually get, with a very, very limited choice of mainly 'fried' foods. The scrambled eggs during breakfast had absolutely no flavour at all, and the bacon wasn't much better.
Overall, it was an enjoyable experience for my family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here in May, over mothers day. We stayed in the 101 Dalmatian Building due to paying for a preferred room. I would not pay for a preferred room again, it is much more compressed than music or sports. We did express check in, and still had to wait an extremely long time to check in and get our keys. The food court is always busy, so expect a wait there. A plus is that you can send your park purchases to the shop there for pick up. The room is basic, but that is what you should expect with a value, we had 3 adults and the room was an alright size. I would probably try Pop next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lake George, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at this resort. The only problem I had with our room was the location as we had to walk a long distance to get to the pool and the main lobby, food etc... We had paid for a prefered location and got in a prefered building but still took about 10 minutes to walk to the pool if you went at a good clip. I will say they were very accommodating though. When I mentioned to them that I didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth paying for a prefered location, they offered to give me what I wanted to make me happy. I asked for another day in the parks for free. They gave it to me for our entire party. Housekeeping was great and did their job well. Very nice crew of people working there. I would definitely stay here again if I ever do return to Disney.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The reason why I chose to stay at this hotel was for the four-story Buzz and Woody, which my son adored. That was the best part of the hotel. We had numerous issues from the moment we arrived. The staff at the quick service area had little patience and did not speak politely to several customers, myself included. Once we got to the room, we discovered the items we requested were not delivered (balloon which I ordered online) and bed rails. A Disney worker knocked on the door 5 minutes later, didn't say a word to me, plopped the rails in the room and shoved them toward the bed. Another 5 minutes later, a different worker delivered the balloon for my son. She made it a magical experience for him and a fun memory.

At this point, it was close to 11, so I pull back the sheets to put my son to bed and discover a 6inch x 8 inch area of dried blood spatters at the foot on the bed. Due to it being so late, I put my son down in the opposite bed and called the front desk when he fell asleep. I explained the disappointment of the customer service we've received thus far, the blood on the sheets and the large chunks of wall missing near the door. I explicitly asked to have the manager call my cell phone in the morning, after 9 am. At 12:15 am, the phone rang. It was the front desk manager. Geesh! These people couldn't even take a message correctly!

The next morning I spoke to the manager who did refund our stay for the previous night and switched our rooms. No apology was offered.

The best thing about this hotel is my son got to say 'hi' to Buzz and Woody every morning. But the level of service and lack of cleanliness was enough to turn us off. We won't be spending our money here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies? Share your experiences!