“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Movies Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #136 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughters ages 11 and 9 loved the pool and arcade. They enjoyed the late night movies and games at pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ate at food court every morning and always had a good breakfast! I thought the beds were comfortable. Rooms are small, but hardly there so did not really matter. Hotel and grounds were very clean. Never had to wait for busses more than a few minutes. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for 12 days during September, room was clean, good size for 3, shower was good and we got a deal with free Quick Service Dinning Plan.
I don´t have anything to complain, it is the first time that I stayed at a Disney propriety and the staff is excellent, very kind and go extra miles to make you feel happy.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently spent a weekend (Thu-Sun) at the All Star Movies. Check-in was very disappointing. I had previously done the online check in process to avoid lines... what a joke! The regular check in line had 4 castmembers and was moving at the speed of light, online check in had only 1 person and a big line. Don't think I will ever do this again, it was the second time online check-in did nothing for me at a Disney Resort but a longer wait.
I had put 2 requests on my reservation, that we had a ground floor room, and if possible at the Fantasia building. Both requests were granted.
We had room 8710, very close to the pool and lobby/food court. Can't complain about cleanliness, the room was spotless clean upon arrival and housekeeping did an awesome job. Again I must say soundproofing at this and all Disney Value Resorts is very poor. We could hear the shower, flush and all noise in the room next to ours.
Beds were comfortable, no complaints about sheets, pillows... everything was fine here.
They now offer free wireless internet in the rooms, but the signal strength in our room was so weak it took forever to read a simple e-mail.
We had issues with small bugs coming out of the drain in our shower and mosquitoes. Take bug repellent with you in case you are sensitive to mosquito bites.
We only used the Fantasia pool, and it was always crowded. If you want to be on the quiet side, the Mighty Ducks pool is for you.
BEWARE of mosquitoes in the pool area at night. We took our daughter to the pool and waited at a table while she was swimming. I was so badly bitten I'll post a picture so you can see what I am talking about. Use tons of bug repellent if you are going to the poolside tables at night!
Food Court... well.... that is my main complaint about the value resorts. I think people forget manners in their rooms before they head out to this place. It looks like a madhouse. It is hard to find a table at certain times. Lines are huge and there are some castmembers who appear totally clueless about what they are doing. Needless to say , food is overpriced and edible , just edible. Their pizza is one of the worst I've ever eaten.
We did not use Disney Transportation as we had our own rental car. The lines for the buses were always long though. Take my advice... you are likely already spending a lot to go to Disney... a rental car is not going to blow your budget and it makes a huge difference...
On our check out date we asked for a couple more hours in the room as we had a late afternoon flight, they granted us 2 extra hours to leave without any hassle.
In overall I'd say it was good for a weekend, but for longer stays I would either go for a moderate resort or stay off property. This is a very basic motel style place with a Disney touch.

Room Tip: The Fantasia building is very close to the pool/lobby. If you have a preferred room , ask for it!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking to save some money on a Disney hotel but still want some of the small details that make the experience "magical" then this hotel is perfect. Room was clean, crisp sheets, mini-fridge, Disney themed toiletries, nice Mickey themed furniture. I loved the gift store & food court & pool - gives it that resort feel. I especially love the free transportation to parks & access to extended "Magic Hours"

I was celebrating my Birthday & I got a phone call from Mickey, an autograph photo & a cool personalized Happy Birthday Pin to wear! The pin enabled all the Disney staff to greet me happy birthday in the park which made if feel even more special! ...I also got a free birthday cupcake at Liberty Tree Tavern and a free ice cream upgrade in Magic Kingdom on Main Street (I ordered a small cone & instead received a huge 3 scoop waffle cone decorated with chocolate to look like Mickey!) fun surprise :)

• Stayed September 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Just left after staying from Sept. 19-25. Have nothing but wonderful things to stay about the All-Star Movies. Totally kid and user friendly resort, activities for all ages by the large and spaceous pool. Chelsea at tickets/shows/reservations was amazing! Buses take you to all Disney property, never had to wait for more than 20 minutes(and that was during an extra magic hours morning). Food in food court was taste and affordable! Encourage all who are trying to keep your stay simple and easy, the all star resorts are for you. Thanks Disney for making our first Disney vacation magical...will NOT be our last! Can't wait to come back

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay in any Disney
Resort. What a delightful place. We were there in an off-season time so the rates were lower than usual. We had a great time! The staff was great from the maids to the grounds keepers to the cafeteria! Everyone seems to love their job. I felt glad to be around them.

• Stayed January 2012
Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here from Aug 28 - Sept 5 2012 and thought it was a great place to stay!!! The rooms were cozy and comfortable-the grounds were kept remarkably clean and the staff were friendly. We stayed in one of the love bug buildings and cannot understand why anyone would say it was a long walk to the main cinema hall-it used to take us four minutes from our room to the main building-not a lot for someone on vacation right??? The bus system was good- you didn't have to worry about getting around and the added expense of a rent a car-especially if you are doing all Disney activities.We used quick service dining and were impressed with the portions and choice of food at all the different locations. I cannot wait till our next visit to Orlando and would not hesitate to stay here again- my hats off to Disney and most importantly to the hard workers who make Disney just what it is -wonderful and magical!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!