“Beautiful place for the price we paid” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #7 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, FL
“Beautiful place for the price we paid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My honey and I went to Orlando for a long weekend and I decided to book us here because the reviews were so great. This resort is a hidden gem. I have been to Orlando several hundreds of times since I am only 90 minutes away and I had never heard of this place. We were in a one bedroom suite and there was plenty of room. The jacuzzi bathtub was an added bonus. We will definetely be returning. When in Orlando. Please check this place. Great location and great price. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We reserved the Junior suite and were upgraded to a one bedroom unit when Fabio found out this was our first stay at The Point. The room was clean beyond my expectations, quiet, comfortable and convenient to shopping and attractions. The bartender was friendly and considerate. I'm so pleased we found a place to count on when visiting Orlando. We'll be back!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Oraange Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was close to Universal Studios. The shuttle only runs once a day though, so we had to take a taxi back to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Loved staying here. We had a two bedroom apartment - be warned that this is actually two apartments - you have one main entrance then two doors to each apartment - we had to keep doors open for the kids. Kitchen area is excellent although to be fair we only used kettle, laundry and fridge. Spacious, clean. Maid service was excellent. Beds are amazing - wish I had bought one of these when my kids were little and used to climb in at night!
We had breakfast in hotel which was lovely and good value. Wish they could do a tea for you though instead of coffee. Internet access is available but you do need to pay to use the computer in business centre which I thought was poor since other hotels offer guests this for free.
Reception staff helpful at all times.
Pool was ok but spoiled by fact they are building extension to hotel right next to pool area - feel we should have been informed of this beforehand as it spoiled use of hotel pool facility.
Although hotel is non smoking, guests were smoking at pool side and this was not challenged. Also I would suggest that hotel move smoking area from front of hotel to round back or side as this is not a good first impression.
Location is excellent but a little shop on site or pool bar for snacks would be great.
I was a little disappointed as I thought 2 bedroom apt meant great views of fireworks but we had no view at all (apart from a billboard).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Point for 3 nights with our 8 year old daughter for our trip to Universal Studios. The location is great for Universal...about a 2 minute drive. And it is also very close to a Walgreens, which is nice to have nearby. The suite was very clean upon arrival... and they also stock the suite with a little Tide detergent and dish washing liquid, which was nice. It was great to be able to wash a load of clothes after getting them all sweaty and stinky in the parks! Check in was easy and there were no hidden charges on check-out. Be aware there is a "resort fee"...which was about $10 per day when we were there...
The tub was heavenly... so nice to soak and put on the jets after a long day in the park!
My only complaints...the pillows are horrible, and my daughter said the pullout sofa wasn't very comfortable either. We had a room with a pool view, and we felt the room was quiet enough.
Overall a great value for what we paid.....I would stay again, but would be sure to bring some pillows from home, and possibly get a 2 bedroom suite next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Bloomfield, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed at the Point during a family time visit with my 2 yr. old grandson...the room was excellent. There was space for him to play as well as sleep...
The room was set up with a crib and high chair as well which was a terrific.
Not only was it clean it was comfortable with a view of the pool, great location to theme parks and shopping..(the shopping was for me):) and even great family resturants.

Would I stay here again most certainly!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I have had the pleasure of staying at " The Point " hotel in Orlando 5 times. Obviously it is my # 1 pick for good service, cleanliness, friendly and accomodating staff and good value. You really feel at home in this all suites hotel. My last visit was with my sister and her 2 year old grandson. The hotel set us up with a crib and a high chair upon request. We had the 1 bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs. I can't thank Fabio ( the manager ) enough for all the help he assisted us with in making our stay at the Point the best vacation ever. The proximity to all that Orlando offers is fabulous. Would not stay anywhere else . Highly recommend this hotel for all of it's friendly and homey atmosphere. Note: The beds and the bedding are of the best quality I've seen in 5 star hotels. Great night sleep.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Point Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!