“Great, Brill, Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 328 hotels in Orlando
ireland
“Great, Brill, Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

im just back from my 14nites stay in this hotel,i dont no where to start.i had my 2 children with me aged 14 an 11,we had a doudle room suite so the children had there own room with kitchen,an our room was fab,the kitchen had every thing in that u need, we went shoping in wallmart for our food which is just a short distance away.the maids are in every day to clean your room.i go back here again..the only thing that i was dissapointed with was the fact the room didnt have a safe an reciption only have a few of them..could do with having a bar so my husband said!!!FAB HOTEL

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

2,551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Chicago Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

The problems that we experienced were that the hot water for the shower did not get hot and the refrigerater did not get cold enough. The pool was dirty and it had large ants in it my daughter started screaming when she seen the ants.They really should clean there pool more often like on a daily basis because someone is going to get sick.And please make sure you get all your belongings out of your room because we left a few items and we called the resort lost and found and left a message sevaral times so someone could call us back but we never received a call back so our experience was not so great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
coutlaw, Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
We are very disappointed that your experience at our property was not as excellent as our other reviewers here on Tripadvisor. Our swimming pool and spa pool exceed state inspection standards for cleanliness, and we pride ourselves on providing clean facilities for our guests. Our swimming pool is cleaned and chemicals tested daily. Our rooms are inspected prior to each arrival to ensure everything is operating properly and to make sure the room is in perfect condition for occupancy. When unexpected things go wrong, we are very proud of our response time. I hope you were able to bring these items to our attention during your stay in order to get resolution. We have always received excellent comments from our guests, and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our true level of service on your next visit to the Orlando area.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We booked two 2-bedroom suites at the Point for a family trip. Before arriving, I e-mailed the hotel to request suites on a high floor near each other. We were given suites directly across each other on the 12th floor, which is the highest floor. Every other request that we made during our stay was also granted.

The location is good. It is next to Wet and Wild and International Drive and just down the street from Universal. It is about 20 minutes to Disney.

There are three room categories: the studio suite, the 1-bedroom suite, and the 2-bedroom suite. The 2-bedroom suite combines that studio suite and the 1-bedroom suite, but each side is still quite private. I would not recommend that families with young children book the 2-bedroom suite and expect to put the children in the second bedroom because it is essentially like a separate hotel room, although the outside door is shared. However, the 1-bedroom suite has a sofa bed in the separate living room, and the studio suite has a sofa bed in the same room that can be used for young kids. The 2-bedroom suite is perfect for families with teenagers or other family members. It provides privacy, yet the rooms are still connected.

The suites are large, spacious, modern, clean, and well-equipped. The 1-bedroom has a separate living room and full kitchen, and the studio suite has a living area and a kitchenette with a sink, microwave, and mini-refrigerator. Unlike some of the other condo-type hotels, full housekeeping is included. The hotel provides free internet access in the room, as well as dishes, cutlery, a coffee maker, and even a blender on the 1-bedroom side. The 1-bedroom also includes a washer and dryer. Only two things would have made it even more perfect – a DVD player and an iPod dock. Nevertheless, it was still perfect for us.

DONCASTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

we just spent 13 lovely nights at the point, we loved everything about it close to all the action but a block back from all the hustle and bustle of international drive.
was hoping to return next year but are now charging 3 times as much as we paid this year so a little dissapointing $129-$199 per night for next april/may time, we can stay at hilton 5 star for that. but all in all we really enjoyed our saty and deserve to be moving up the rankings on trip advisor.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I spent three nights at this hotel and found it to be very clean, spacious and comfortable. I arrived before check in time and was able to store my bags at the hotel until my room was ready. The staff was friendly but I sense there are some who are less experienced than others. I had a couple of glitches in my stay that are worth mentioning. I was awakened at midnight by a phone call from a male hotel staff member who said he was calling to make sure that someone was actually staying in my unit. (??)
On the final night of my stay, my key card would not open my door. I took it to the front desk and was given another which also failed to open my door. After my third trip to the desk a security guard accompanied me to my room with an electronic device which also failed to open my door. A gentleman from housekeeping was called and between the two of them and the electronic device, I was able to gain entry to my room. Also, on one visit to the gym, I found the door was locked (early afternoon). I had visited the gym the day before and found it to be well equipped. The pool area was great! Wireless access in the room worked well and was free. There is no ice machine--probably because so many of the units have full size refrigerators with ice makers. I was in a room with a mini fridge so no ice was available. Decent location--short walk to restaurants, tourist shops , etc.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Stayed here a week and couldn’t fault a thing!
We had a 1 bed executive suite which was great and had full kitchen with washing machine and dryer. Pool was lovely, didn’t use much as didn’t have time but wish we could have as was lovely and warm and not busy so plenty of sun beds all the time.
Staff were friendly, whole hotel always spotless.
Location 2 minute from International Drive. All in all brilliant hotel with huge rooms for great price!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Point Orlando after a cruise and we really wished we had booked for more than one day. The hotel is located in a great location, very close to Universal. We booked the 1 bedroom suite. The suite was very spacious and reminded us of a condo more than a hotel room. It had a fully equipped kitchen as well as a washer and dryer. When we book our next trip to Orlando with the kids, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Point Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!