“Great stay! Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Endless Summer Free Night
Ranked #9 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great stay! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Point Orlando for a week and we had an awesome time! The staff is absolutely amazing! We were able to check-in two hours early without any problem. As it was our first time in Orlando, the staff helped us greatly with informing us about transportation and attractions near by. They were quick to offer us various options and provided us with maps that helped us a lot. As for the rooms, we stayed in a grand suite, 1 bedroom. It was very clean, the kitchen was fully equipped and we had everything we needed. The pool area was very well maintained and the fitness centre was very clean. The cabana bar had awesome service and the food was great. Overall the Point Orlando is located in a convenient area, close to attractions and trolly stops. We will definitely be staying here when we visit Orlando again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Jason, it was such a pleasure to serve you throughout your stay here in Orlando. We are thrilled that you had such a good time! Thank you for mentioning the exceptional service you received throughout your stay. We strive to provide this to each and every one of our guests, and it means a lot to know that we succeeded in providing that to you. It is also excellent to hear you enjoyed relaxing at the poolside Cabana Bar & Grille! We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Universal and Disney resort areas of Orlando are generally safe, but as a young female traveling on my own, I never want to compromise on security and peace of mind. I spent three nights here and felt extremely comfortable during my entire stay, even though it's in a quieter location of the city. Returning late in the evening after visiting friends was never an issue. I had a studio on a higher floor with a gorgeous view of Universal. The room itself was absolutely spotless - one of the most impeccably clean hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Also, I've been a subscriber to The Point's email list since staying here and I've noticed that this hotel generally offers the best prices and value in the Orlando area even during busy times of the year. Overall, I'm very pleased and would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your great experience with the TripAdvisor community. The safety & security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, so we are pleased to know that you truly felt safe and comfortable throughout your entire stay. It is wonderful to know how much you enjoyed the beautiful Orlando views from your studio suite. Thank you for also commenting on the great deals that you have gotten from being a part of our Email list! You can sign up right on our website, and we guarantee that we can offer the best value by booking directly with us. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we look forward to your next stay!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the resort for a week to enjoy the weather and had a wonderful time. The staff was so accommodating and anytime we needed anything they were very fast with their responses. We only had one issues with getting towels. We called down twice about it and still didn't receive any for the day. We also needed our tv looked at. I went to the front desk to speak with the supervisor (Breanne) to let her know the situation, she was very understanding and apologetic. She gave me towels right away and made sure we received the proper amount every day there on out. An engineer met us in the room by the time I went back to fix the TV which was super quick. She was awesome! Best supervisor we have come across in our travels. We really appreciated her attention to detail.
We ate at the Cabana Bar for dinner one night and the service was great as well as the food. Our meals came out hot and quick which was appreciated after a long day at the park we were very hungry!
The rooms were very spacious and clean and we can't wait to come back to the resort once in the area again. Thank you for an awesome vacation!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us in the warm Florida sunshine! Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are so glad that you enjoyed the friendly service and delicious food served from our Cabana Bar & Grill. We sincerely apologize that your request for towels was not completed as it should have been. This is highly unusual and we will be addressing this with our team to ensure it does not happen again in the future. It was a pleasure to serve you throughout your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back for another visit on your next trip to Orlando!
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is our first time at the point in Orlando, we were here for five nights six days, we had the greatest stay that we've had at any hotel in a long time! From the moment we checked in....the staff behind the counter to the young man who took our luggage to our room, and the sweet ladies who cleaned our room, our stay was awesome! Great pool, and full bar with a great food menu! We have already discussed booking a year in advance to come again! I will say one gentleman in particular really made our stay wonderful he is "Jeff Swirsky" general manager, not only is he personable and kind, he actually really cares about your stay here! He alone is a huge part of why we can't wait to come back! Try it out for yourselves, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014
Tiffani, thanks for the great review! We are so glad that you decided to try us out and even more pleased that you had the best resort stay that you've experienced! Thank you for mentioning the friendly team members who made your stay so great. We also appreciate you commenting on the delicious food and drinks served from the Cabana Bar & Grill. Thanks for the great recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am rating this hotel on the hotel ONLY not our time spent in Orlando (because the parks were awesome). I was back and forth on my rating as the staff are very friendly there so I aint trying to be negative to them at all.. so here we go:

Rooms:
Rooms here are average - beds are reasonable and comfy enough for a good night rest - there is nothing fancy about the rooms so it does the job for what you need it for. Most people going to Orlando will be gone most of the day anyways. A/C worked thank goodness - shower pressure wasn't the best but was ok - a lot of light in the room which was nice.

Location = Average depending on where and what you are doing:
Yes the location is semi-central to parks and attractions but people with no car have to realize that you cannot just walk anywhere you please. Close to Wet and wild and I trolly bus stop (I trolly is key for shopping malls and idrive). I drive is only great a little further south so use the I trolly people with no car!

Front Desk:
Nice people - although they did not give me much information about places, eating, maps, etc when I checked in. and things like that goes a long ways for a hotel rating :). I had to ask myself throughout the trip. But when I did ask they were helpful so I give them credit here.

No Ice Machine on the first floor I had to get them to fill it up for me... really :P ??

Pool:
This is the highlight of the hotel. It has a big pool - its not loud - they have a hot tub as well and a pool side bar to get drinks and order food. Drinks are obviously more than the pubs we went to on idrive but I knew this as all hotels charge a little more for drinks. Its also easy to get a chair here to lay down and water is a nice temp even at night.

Resort Fee = Boo on you Point Resort!
ok first of all people I KNEW ABOUT THE $11/day RESORT FEE and I paid it without saying a word - but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it and not talk about it lol :). The resort fee is suppose to give you shuttle access, gym access, internet, phone local, self parking, and coffee in the room lol..... really?? OK soooo many places I have been without a resort fee already included the gym, pool, internet, coffee pot in room and even shuttle services FREE OR included in the price of the hotel room so don't give me silly excuse what this resort fee is including lol. If you must then yes charge people to park at hotel if they rent a car fine. But come on - I paid 11 dollars per day and BREAKFAST IS STILL another 11 dollars a day. There is even an extra charge for any additional things the maid has to do.......I never complained about this resort fee to anyone at the hotel but in order to give my honest tripadvisor review I have to talk about it.

Breakfast:
Boooo to charge 11 bucks a day and give us a breakfast that taste like it was nuked in the microwave lol :P

Housekeeping:
There was no housekeeping for half our trip which was getting frustrating as towels were piling up and garbage was too.

I don't want to sound too mean on the point resort - the staff were nice... but Ive been to a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels and so I cannot give this a 4 star. Average hotel, need to do a little extra to make it a true 4 or 5 star hotel. however it did the trick for sleeping in, we were gone most of the day anyways, came back to a pool and quiet. So that's all I needed.

TIPS TO KNOW:
-Cab drivers are sneaky - make sure you ask them how much it will be before leaving because half of them don't have meters running! be firm with them
-I trolly is helpful and its 2 bucks per ride but STOPS around 10:30pm-11pm
-Don't walk to universal you will do enough walking when you get there. Its about $10 cab ride
-Wet and wild is a 5 minute walk
-Disney is a long haul from the hotel - if you don't have a car make sure you catch the only 2 morning times they have or you will have to pay a lot to get a cab
-Get a room facing the pool

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brad, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. It is excellent to know that you found the staff to be friendly throughout your stay. Thank you for also mentioning how much you enjoyed our relaxing pool area with poolside bar and hot tub. We do apologize that you did not agree with the resort fee. We are glad to know that you were aware of it ahead of time and understood what it was in place to cover. We will take your comments into consideration. We are also sorry to know that you did not enjoy the breakfast buffet served each morning. We will address your comments internally with our staff. Please also note that we offer large suites that include a full kitchen, balcony, and separate living area for guests looking for a larger room. Thank you again for your comments, we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a very nice spot located close to Universal and just round the corner from Wet n Wild.
Everything is set up a like apartments so you can get suites which have a cooker, washer, dryer, fridge freezer and microwave. If you are in a big group then you can get a suite and a room offering 2 queen beds and 2 bed setees and all within one front door.

The staff in general were very polite and helpful. Regarding amenities, the breakfast area is probably too small and the bar staff were great in the main but they were expected to serve drinks take food orders and cook the food (?) this meant that at least one of the staff was a little bit flustered most of the time. We had a couple of rooms with bed setees as the second bed - they were a bit uncomfortable.

Overall though this was great value for money and you should have no reason to complain if you pay budget prices.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite even if you pay a bit more you will have more room and you can cook your own food...