“Expectations met” 5 of 5 stars

Save 25% off & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Expectations met”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Im actually here now at the hotel with my better half on a relaxing get away trip just to focus on each other without the kids..I was worried before I got here wether or not the room was going to be up to date and super clean..I just want to say my room was very very nice and super super clean equipped with everything we needed.. I will definitely return in june for my daughter's 10th birthday and this will be the hotel of choice!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Christopher B, Guest Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear 229OakCircle,

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your visit. Everyone needs a little time away from the kids and we are happy to hear you chose The Point Orlando Resort as your home away from home. Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of the Resort. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated housekeeping team focused on cleanliness and will be sure to recognize their hard work. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make this visit more special.
We look forward to your next visit in June and allowing us to be a part of your daughter's 10th birthday. We love celebrating birthdays!

2,585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just spent a week here and on the whole there are lots of positives about this place. Parking is free no resort fee and close to international drive and the i4.
The gym has 5 items and certainly isn't adequate for a hotel this size. With just one treadmill cross trainer and bike there were numerous occasions when we couldn't use the facilities. Also the treadmill makes a terrible noise when in use and needs servicing. The air conditioning in there needs attention also.
The pool is in shade until 11 ish most people congregate at the top end near the wall to catch some rays until the pool has full sun. The loungers have to be the most uncomfortable ever. A few cushions wouldn't go a miss.
The room was clean but a little dated. Again the air conditioning wasn't the greatest and we struggled to get it to work properly. Our room over looked a tyre place. No real problem and no noise. The hotel offers a refresh service. Basically the maid comes in makes the bed and replenishes the towels in the bathroom. I think the rooms would benefit from a clean a least once a week for guests staying for 7 days and longer. The kitchen was well equipped and they even supplied washing up liquid, and some washing powder if you wished to use the washing machine.
On the whole I can't really fault the place it's just not the kind of place I choose to spend my holiday so I would not return. However if you are a family and want close proximity to the parks and need the use of a kitchen along with out being ripped off on resort fees and parking this is ideal for you. I was took in by the rating of this place and assumed it would be right for me. I am a hotel snob and its not my idea of somewhere I'd like to spend a holiday for relaxing purposes. Back to the hard rock for me in future. My fault entirely this will be perfect for some people just not me this time.
Oops nearly forgot to mention breakfast . This was included in our package. We were given vouchers that we presented to the staff each morning. Breakfast consisted of fruit salad, cereal, oatmeal, yoghurt, bacon scrambled egg, bacon, bread , bagels and pancakes. All help your self. It's ok it's on till 11am so great if you have a lie in. Nothing to write home about but did what it said on the tin.!
The hotel offers no late check out facility so be aware if you have a late flight. Also they have no courtesy room or place you can use to freshen up should you choose to spend your time after check out by the pool. The Only shower available to use after check out is the poolside one.!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, Public Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Greetings from Orlando,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feed back with us. I'm excited to say that we are renovating the fitness center soon. This will include all state of the art LifeFitness equipment, new rubber floor, addition of a window overlooking the pool and so much more. Health and well being away from home is very important to us, therefore we listened to what our guests needs were and the total makeover is almost here.
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the housekeeping services. Our refresh is designed more for a tidy up of the room but full housekeeping services is also available for a small upcharge.
We truly hope that you allow us the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please contact us directly to arrange your reservations so that we can make it special to your needs.

All the best,
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in April with my wife and daughter. We had the 1 bedroom grand suite. The kitchen was well stocked, the bathroom very large, had a spa bath and a large shower. It was spotlessly clean when we checked in. The bedroom was a good size and the bed comfortable.
Washing machine and dryer came in useful. We didn't eat breakfast at the restaurant, what's the point when you can stock up with cereal etc in your room. We had a room on the 7th floor, so we had a good view and managed to see the fireworks from afar in the evening.
This property is well kept and modern, the pool area is pleasant and you can get drinks and food from the pool bar. I had my doubts about this place before we arrived as i don't normally stay at this end of Orlando, but i was impressed. I would stay again.
Not sure why people comment on the lack of car parking, sure it gets busy but there's always a spot, even if you have to walk 100 yards.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear friends from London,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Point Orlando Resort. We are delighted to hear that we impressed you. I agree that our one bedroom suites have everything a traveler will need plus some. Fully stocked kitchen, living room with balcony, jacuzzi tub, and in-room washer and dryer just to mention a few. It's great to hear that you had the views towards Universal and able to watch the fireworks. When time allows, i enjoy watching them too.
We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to personally welcoming you back at your next escape to Orlando.

Cheers,
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Point Resort recently on two separate occasions. The first stay was with my wife and daughter while they visited the area attractions. Both stays were two days in length. On both occasions the rooms were immaculate and were available earlier than the normal check-in time.

On the second visit I had a problem with a blocked shower drain. I reported this to Rose at the front desk as I left for the morning. Rose is pleasant, friendly and very professional. She noticed that I was leaving for the day and promised the issue would be remedied at the earliest. After returning to the room later that day there was a voice message from Rose indicating the problem had been fixed. I found this was the case when I took a shower the next morning and, thankfully, didn't have to stand in a pool of water.

Rose's lovely, smiling face and friendly nature was just wonderful to experience each morning as I left for the day. When in the Orlando area for business or vacation I would most definitely stay at the Point Resort again.. Thank you for the terrific stay and fantastic customer service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level facing the pool side otherwise your view may be towards the back of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mr. SansarBoston_MA,

I'm so happy to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Rose. I too agree, she is a superstar in many ways and we are fortunate to have her on our team. Although it saddens me to hear that there was an issue with your shower drain, I'm delighted that Rose was able to communicate this with my engineering department and fixed the issue immediately. I will be sure to recognize and celebrate your comments with Rose.

We look forward to your next visit with us!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was great. The room was clean and the hotel room was also very spacious. I felt like everything in the room was brand new. The washer/dryer combo worked out great, as my husband had been down there all week for work and really needed to wash some of his clothes! We used the cups and plates, which were also nice to have. The bathroom was HUGE! I really liked the shower. The staff was also pretty nice. The breakfast seemed a little light but it was nice that they had a coffee shop, with some goodies.

I would definitely recommend and I would stay again!

Greetings for The Point Orlando Resort,

We greatly appreciate the glowing review. We truly have the best of the best team members in the hospitality industry. Truly dedicated in providing an exceptional experience for all our guests. Our one and two bedroom suites truly are spacious and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and actually used them. No need to pack suit case after suit case and pay extra to the airlines if you stay with us. Just pack what you need and wash your clothes in our in-room washer and dryers and take your clothes home nice and clean.

When your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, please contact us directly so that we may assist with your reservations and welcome you back to our home.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a larger sized apartment style room for our 3 night stay. The room was extremely clean and very spacious. All the amenities (stove, washing machine etc) came in very handy. Breakfast was limited but more than adequate for what we wanted. Our view was over the pool but I don't think any of the rooms could offer a great view considering it is mostly just other hotels around. Location was as convenient to any other hotel in terms of the theme parks and the shuttle service they offered was always very prompt and reliable. While it was just the two of us staying there I can see that this style of hotel would very much suit families.

Hello Tashos,

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I like to consider our Resort as a little hidden gem with close proximity to International Drive but tucked away for peace and quiet. I too agree that our complimentary shuttle service to the parks is a plus. Leave the transportation to us and you don't have to worry about paying for a vehicle at the parks. We will take you there and pick you up per our sceduled shuttle times. It's that easy. That's what vacation is all about. No stress. No worries. Only relaxation and fun. And yes, we love kids so next time invite the whole family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Point Orlando Resort.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The room (Grand One Bedroom Suite) is everything you could hope for: spacious, clean, full kitchen, comfortable couch and bed, and large bathroom. We had a room facing Universal and could enjoy the fireworks at night if our timing was right. Much time was spent on the balcony in the early morning and late evening. The pool was the right size, clean and warm.

What did the experience lack? Good food, more information on the area and extra towels in the room.

Where did they shine? Everywhere else.

After all of the research, we could not find a room even close to being comparable for the price at the Point. We will stay again on our next trip.

Room Tip: get a room facing Universal if you will be in your room between 8-9:30 pm for the fireworks, otherwi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, Public Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello Andy P,

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and even more excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will stay with us again. Your business truly means a lot to us and we will do everything we can to keep you loyal to our resort. We have already addressed the towel situation and have increased our sets per suite. I am also excited to announce that we will be opening a new food and beverage outlet in our lobby called CORKS at Night. It will be a casual upscale wine and tapas bar and be open during the evening hours. So if you are looking for something light and refreshing, this will be the place. We just finished our menu and did food tasting and wine sampling and can first hand tell you this will be the talk of the town. So next time you stay with us you will need to experience it and share your feed back.

All the best,
Chris

Been to The Point Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!