“Had everything we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 20% & $50 Gift Card
Ranked #8 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
London, England
“Had everything we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in April with my wife and daughter. We had the 1 bedroom grand suite. The kitchen was well stocked, the bathroom very large, had a spa bath and a large shower. It was spotlessly clean when we checked in. The bedroom was a good size and the bed comfortable.
Washing machine and dryer came in useful. We didn't eat breakfast at the restaurant, what's the point when you can stock up with cereal etc in your room. We had a room on the 7th floor, so we had a good view and managed to see the fireworks from afar in the evening.
This property is well kept and modern, the pool area is pleasant and you can get drinks and food from the pool bar. I had my doubts about this place before we arrived as i don't normally stay at this end of Orlando, but i was impressed. I would stay again.
Not sure why people comment on the lack of car parking, sure it gets busy but there's always a spot, even if you have to walk 100 yards.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christopher B, Public Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear friends from London,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Point Orlando Resort. We are delighted to hear that we impressed you. I agree that our one bedroom suites have everything a traveler will need plus some. Fully stocked kitchen, living room with balcony, jacuzzi tub, and in-room washer and dryer just to mention a few. It's great to hear that you had the views towards Universal and able to watch the fireworks. When time allows, i enjoy watching them too.
We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to personally welcoming you back at your next escape to Orlando.

Cheers,
Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Point Resort recently on two separate occasions. The first stay was with my wife and daughter while they visited the area attractions. Both stays were two days in length. On both occasions the rooms were immaculate and were available earlier than the normal check-in time.

On the second visit I had a problem with a blocked shower drain. I reported this to Rose at the front desk as I left for the morning. Rose is pleasant, friendly and very professional. She noticed that I was leaving for the day and promised the issue would be remedied at the earliest. After returning to the room later that day there was a voice message from Rose indicating the problem had been fixed. I found this was the case when I took a shower the next morning and, thankfully, didn't have to stand in a pool of water.

Rose's lovely, smiling face and friendly nature was just wonderful to experience each morning as I left for the day. When in the Orlando area for business or vacation I would most definitely stay at the Point Resort again.. Thank you for the terrific stay and fantastic customer service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level facing the pool side otherwise your view may be towards the back of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mr. SansarBoston_MA,

I'm so happy to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Rose. I too agree, she is a superstar in many ways and we are fortunate to have her on our team. Although it saddens me to hear that there was an issue with your shower drain, I'm delighted that Rose was able to communicate this with my engineering department and fixed the issue immediately. I will be sure to recognize and celebrate your comments with Rose.

We look forward to your next visit with us!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was great. The room was clean and the hotel room was also very spacious. I felt like everything in the room was brand new. The washer/dryer combo worked out great, as my husband had been down there all week for work and really needed to wash some of his clothes! We used the cups and plates, which were also nice to have. The bathroom was HUGE! I really liked the shower. The staff was also pretty nice. The breakfast seemed a little light but it was nice that they had a coffee shop, with some goodies.

I would definitely recommend and I would stay again!

Greetings for The Point Orlando Resort,

We greatly appreciate the glowing review. We truly have the best of the best team members in the hospitality industry. Truly dedicated in providing an exceptional experience for all our guests. Our one and two bedroom suites truly are spacious and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and actually used them. No need to pack suit case after suit case and pay extra to the airlines if you stay with us. Just pack what you need and wash your clothes in our in-room washer and dryers and take your clothes home nice and clean.

When your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, please contact us directly so that we may assist with your reservations and welcome you back to our home.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a larger sized apartment style room for our 3 night stay. The room was extremely clean and very spacious. All the amenities (stove, washing machine etc) came in very handy. Breakfast was limited but more than adequate for what we wanted. Our view was over the pool but I don't think any of the rooms could offer a great view considering it is mostly just other hotels around. Location was as convenient to any other hotel in terms of the theme parks and the shuttle service they offered was always very prompt and reliable. While it was just the two of us staying there I can see that this style of hotel would very much suit families.

Hello Tashos,

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I like to consider our Resort as a little hidden gem with close proximity to International Drive but tucked away for peace and quiet. I too agree that our complimentary shuttle service to the parks is a plus. Leave the transportation to us and you don't have to worry about paying for a vehicle at the parks. We will take you there and pick you up per our sceduled shuttle times. It's that easy. That's what vacation is all about. No stress. No worries. Only relaxation and fun. And yes, we love kids so next time invite the whole family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Point Orlando Resort.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The room (Grand One Bedroom Suite) is everything you could hope for: spacious, clean, full kitchen, comfortable couch and bed, and large bathroom. We had a room facing Universal and could enjoy the fireworks at night if our timing was right. Much time was spent on the balcony in the early morning and late evening. The pool was the right size, clean and warm.

What did the experience lack? Good food, more information on the area and extra towels in the room.

Where did they shine? Everywhere else.

After all of the research, we could not find a room even close to being comparable for the price at the Point. We will stay again on our next trip.

Room Tip: get a room facing Universal if you will be in your room between 8-9:30 pm for the fireworks, otherwi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, Public Relations Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello Andy P,

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and even more excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will stay with us again. Your business truly means a lot to us and we will do everything we can to keep you loyal to our resort. We have already addressed the towel situation and have increased our sets per suite. I am also excited to announce that we will be opening a new food and beverage outlet in our lobby called CORKS at Night. It will be a casual upscale wine and tapas bar and be open during the evening hours. So if you are looking for something light and refreshing, this will be the place. We just finished our menu and did food tasting and wine sampling and can first hand tell you this will be the talk of the town. So next time you stay with us you will need to experience it and share your feed back.

All the best,
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the Point Orlando Resort. The hotel is modern, very clean with a good pool and excellent and friendly staff. We were staying on our honeymoon and when the staff found out they could not have been more friendly and went as far as to give us an upgrade on our room and providing towels in the shape of swans with a heart and petals on the bed. We must give Gina at reception a special thanks for organising this.

The hotel is in a good location - just a short walk to International Drive to access the I-Ride and all the main restaurants, shops etc although it can be a bit lonely walking back late at night.

In terms of accessing the theme parks, the hotel provides a free shuttle to Disney, Universal and Seaworld at a range of suitable times - this saves the cost and hassle of taxi fares. If getting a taxi to the hotel, make sure you say "the Point Resort" and not "Pointe Orlando" as this is another entertainment area further down International Drive.

Before our upgrade we stayed in the smaller 2 person Executive Suite before moving to the bigger 1 bedroom Grande Suite and there was quite a difference between the two. While the Executive Suite was nice and would have also been an enjoyable stay, The Grande Suite had everything - it was like living in a small villa and is perhaps one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. When staying two weeks having the extra space with the fridge, freezer, cooker etc was a real bonus.

I would certainly recommend the Point for a stay in Orlando and we will stay there again if we return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings McKitties,

Thank you for making us a part of your wonderful anniversary celebration. We hope that this becomes an annual visit as we wish you many more happy years. We are very fortunate to have Gina on our team and delighted to hear that she made your anniversary special.

Please contact us directly next year so we can assist with your reservations and make it even more memorable.

Cheers to a lifetime of happiness!
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family of five stayed here in April of 2013. I was very pleased with the hotel, especially given it's affordability and amenities. What drew me to the hotel was it's price and the fact that they offer a double King room. (Note to other hotels in other locations: we need more of these!!) The room was perfect for our family. And the beds were very comfortable. The hotel and the rooms are decorated very nicely. I felt like a got a bargain with the price, but I did not feel like I sacrificed quality at all. The location was perfect for us, as we were visiting Universal. We loved the pool area, with drink and food service. We arrived after a very long day on the road and being able to sit at the pool and wait for our dinner while the kids swam was excellent! (and the food was good!) There are sofas and coffee tables, as well as tables with chairs, by the pool which make it even more convenient. My only suggestion for the hotel would be to make ice more accessible to guests. You can get it through the front desk, but it would be easier to have a self serve option. I would also say that the hotel employees were all very nice. We've been to Orlando a few times, but of all the places we've stayed, this one will be the one we return to.
I would very much recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Amy for spreading the word about how much you and your family enjoyed the resort. I believe we are the only property in Orlando that offers double king bed suites. Just another feature that really sets us a part from the others. We are very fortunate to have some of the best talent in the indistry truly dedicated to providing the best service to our guests. And we keep getting better. We will be opening soon our newly renovated fitness center and CORKS at NIght wine and tapas bar. That's not all but I will keep the other amenities as a secret and surprise you when you visit us again.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Point Orlando Resort.
Chris

Been to The Point Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!