“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks in Sept 2012. We couldn't have picked a better hotel, it was perfect! We were on floor 7 so had a great view over the pool and into the distance! We were upgraded to a suite and loved the room, very clean, spacious and comfortable! Bed was really cosy and bathroom was massive! We spent a couple of days by the pool and never had any problems getting a good spot. The staff were brilliant really helpful and friendly! I would revisit this hotel in an instance and would definitely recommend this hotel. Perfect Florida hotel!!

Room Tip: Higher floors had better views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabio G, Front Office Assistant Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Mel A -- Thanks for reviewing your September stay with us. It was our pleasure to be helpful and friendly. I'm happy the suite upgrade worked out for you. Your recommendation is important to us, so thanks for that, too. You said it all: "Perfect Florida Hotel." See you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed 16 Dec-31 Dec, 2 adults and 2 teen aged girls. The one bedroom apartment was clean, well equipped, had complimentary wifi and had a nice view towards Seaworld. The hotel location is great for all the attractions and the staff were all very helpful and friendly all of the time. We had one small issue, not serious but the management team sorted it out very quickly with no fuss. Thanks to all the staff at The point Resort for helping to make our Christmas perfect. Next time we visit Orlando we hope to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Robin G -- Thanks for the review, and for spending your Christmas holiday with us. I'm glad we were able to sort out your issue. Things do happen, and it's our job to make sure all gets handled quickly. Our whole staff sends their greetings, and wishes to see you back with us very soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Point is one of the best cost/quality combinations I've seen in a long time. I've recently stayed there with my wife an two kids on early January.
We book a 1 grand bedroom suite on a high floor and were accommodated on the 11th.
The room was equipped with a fully operational kitchen which meant we could have breakfast and small dinners which was great after a full day hitting the amusument parks.
There is a small breakfast buffet on the lobby which we did not use but looked fine.
The bathroom is great a looks pretty new with a nice shower and bathtub which the kids loved.
The hotel gives you the option of of a full room cleaning service for an extra US$12 per day or just making beds and removing trash included. If you are staying for more than 3 days I would suggest taking the cleaning service.
The hotel is very conveniently located near Universal but still very quiet. Parking is plenty available.
There is a nice looking pool and bar available but we did not use it as the weather was not so great.
As I mentioned earlier, the value of this place is great. Best bang for your buck in Orlando for sure. The place is very well maintained and looks very new.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor because of the pool noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ChilliRod -- I appreciate you reviewing your stay with us. "Best bang for your buck in Orlando for sure." You said it the best way possible. That's what we were going for. And your tip for the extra cleaning may be a great idea for some guests. Come back and visit us again soon, perhaps when the weather is nicer. See you then!
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I were going to Universal, and wanted to stay at a nearby hotel. There was quite a bit to choose from for around the same price. What sold me was the size of the room and the great service. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Book your room a few weeks in advance, and ask about the luxury suites!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Josh M -- Thanks for the review and kind words. You're correct that our location so close to Universal, as well as our suites, make us a great choice. And I'm happy that you experienced our excellent hospitality during your visit. You're not too far away from us, so I hope you'll come back soon and often.
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is great value. We booked through BookIt. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved that we had a separate room for me and the hubs while the kids had the pull out in the LR with their own TV. The pool and spa were nice. The outdoor bar was something you would expect in a more expensive hotel. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I needed to print etickets to Legoland and the man at the front desk gave me an email address and had them waiting for us. My only criticism is that the pull out mattress was not that comfy. I could not imagine adults sleeping on it as the bars could be felt through the mattress. The kids were small enough I could turn them so it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear MommaSandyFeet -- I appreciate your review of your stay. And I'm glad that your surprises were only pleasant ones. Thank you for the feedback regarding the sofa sleeper. I'll be sure to pass that feedback along to our management, for consideration in our next renovation. And I'm happy that the Front Desk was able to accommodate your printing needs. "Above and Beyond" is important to us. See you on your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Checked into this after staying in a god-awful Hampton. One bed suite was very spacious, fully kitted out with everything necessary, fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, blender etc etc. Bathroom excellent, great double shower and hydro bath (although I didn't use it).

Pleasant outdoor pool with bar. Bar food limited but good quality.

For value, would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
India,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in January 13. The Point has an ideal location for Universal Studios, International Drive, SeaWorld and even Disney. The hotel runs a shuttle for all the major parks which is included in the daily fee of about $12 or so.

Our 1-BD suite was very clean, well equipped and comfortable. It had a fully functional kitchen with a microwave, cooking range, utensils, silverware and even a dishwasher. A washer-dryer was an added bonus. The living room was quite spacious with a big couch, flat-screen TV and a dining table. The bathroom was huge too with a jacuzzi tub and a shower area.

The staff was especially courteous and willing to accommodate all reasonable requests (including a room with a pool-side view). The housekeeping did a good job but there were a couple of days when our coffee wasn't replenished and so we had to get it from the front desk.

The pool area is also well built with a pool-side bar which is open till 11PM. The hot-tub is vitalizing and refreshing after a long day of fun.

Overall, I will definitely recommend this hotel and would like to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chiraagm -- Thanks for the review and recommendation. It was our pleasure to ensure you had a great time. You did a nice job describing the amenities for others who are looking for an Orlando resort. And I'm glad you had great interactions with our courteous staff. Hope to see you back with us in the near future.