“No contest: Best for Families in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Booking Online
Ranked #38 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Akron, OH
“No contest: Best for Families in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Over the past 15 years, I have traveled with my family to Disney World 12 times.

About 5 trips ago, we stumbled on World Quest because of an email I got from Air Tran offering info about the resort. At the time, we were staying at the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista, but that place was a mess. I was disgusted with them, so we took a few minutes and drove over to see World Quest.

We haven't stayed anywhere else since. Let me explain why:

1) The space of the rooms versus the cost.
For only about $20 to $30 more per night than Embassy, I get THREE bedrooms and THREE bathrooms, plus a REAL kitchen with a REAL refrigerator. Not some pint-sized apartment fridge that is only slightly cooler than the room itself. The kind that will FREEZE bottles of water solid within a couple of hours. And when you travel with three women like I do, those extra bathrooms equate into much more time in the park and much less waiting on a single shared bathroom. Plus you have a dining room table, a two-stool bar in the kitchen, and an in-room washer dryer. There's even a screened-in outdoor patio. Plenty of room to get away from each other when it's 1,000 degrees in Orlando with 10,000% humidity.

2) Housekeeping is excellent. The place is clean, and if you need something, in my experience, they get it for you ASAP. Trash is emptied regularly in outdoor areas, so the "wildlife" around your kids is kept to a minimum. I literally came down the stairs on our last visit to the Embassy LBV and found a hissing possum in the trash in the outdoor areas that overlook the pool. Never have that issue at World Quest. It's clean.

3) The pool is beautiful, and sized appropriately for the resort. You know how some places you have to get there at the crack of dawn if you want a chair poolside? Not here. It's a good place to chill on your off days between parks. They have secured gates around the pool, and they keep a pretty tight rein on security here, so it's just folks from the resort who use it, not random weirdos from other places. Again, safe for your kids.

4) Like to be with people? You can here. If you want to hang at the pool, or at the breakfast, you can meet people from all over the world. Like to have peace and quiet after the madness of the new areas of Magic Kingdom? This place is awesome. I am the latter, I like to be left alone once I get out of the parks. So you can hang in your room, on your private balcony, or sit at the more remote areas around the pool and just chill.

I don't really have any complaints about the place, but there are some things I think it's important for you to know to make a good decision about whether this is the right place for you.

1) You need a car. The resort is right off Epcot Center Drive, an easy route with less traffic than around Downtown Disney, But there really isn't anything around it. Now, some people might view this as a negative. Not me. The place is quiet, calm, and peaceful at night. But don't come here thinking you'll walk to parks or restaurants. You won't.

2) Fees. Like most hotels, there is the published rate, plus taxes. Unlike most hotels, if you want new towels/washcloths every day, or if you want housekeeping to make your bed for you, there is an extra charge. You can see it all online. I typically pay the $6/day for towels/washcloths, but I can make my own bed. If this bothers you, stay away. But it doesn't bother me...after all, you can bring your own towels and so on and wash them in your room if that's what you call a vacation. BUT...I have NEVER had a surprise in my room bill. Once I book it online and select the services I want, the amount has always been correct.

3) Breakfast. Yes, there is the typical free continental breakfast, mostly juice, coffee and muffins. But the room where it is served is way too small to accommodate guests even in slow times, and people are animals. This is not the resort's fault per se, but it's like a feeding frenzy in there in the morning. People stuffing their pockets full of muffins and jams, holy cow, be prepared to see people act like rabid animals. We don't eat there. We go to Super Target (the one on Millenia Way, which is new and calm) get food and keep it in the great kitchen. I know, I am paying for that "free" breakfast, but it's too much stress for me to start my day that way. I know people will be freaking out in the parks, so I just have a peaceful breakfast in my room. All of the stuff I bought to supply us for a week only cost about $50...way less than anything you'd buy in Disney for four people. And it lets me avoid the insanity of the collective breakfast as my day is starting.

So to sum up:

With the above caveats, I think World Quest is awesome. Terrific value, good sleeping environment, clean rooms and grounds, great location near Disney Parks but far enough away to be more chill.

Room decor is starting to show it's age a bit....looking very mid-90s, but that's in the older buildings mostly. (2, 3). If you can stay in the newer buildings, rooms are a bit more up to date. But the newer buildings are a bit more of a walk to the pool and breakfast. Not far, still under 5 minutes, but more than stepping out your door into the pool.

If you have a car, and need some space, this is the place to go near Disney. And it's clean....did I mention that? Really clean. :)

Room Tip: Rooms in building 2, 3 are close to pool, but are older and can be a bit more prone to noise from pe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear camper,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us! We review all of our guest feedback with our staff, and it was a pleasure sharing your thoughts with them.
Having stayed with us a number of times it shows that you know the property and the surrounding area very well.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we look forward to your next visit!

Tim P. Gross

1,395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and could not fault it. When we arrived the reception staff were helpful and very friendly . The condominium was very clean and spacious and the beds comfortable, plenty of towels and all you need to make life enjoyable.
Parking was right outside the building and never full even though the condo complex was very busy. The breakfast free buffet is fine if simple what else do you need in this area and you have the option to take food back to your condo if you wish or buy extra foods from the walmart no more than 5 minutes away.
There were always empty tables either inside or outside to sit at and free coffee all day long.
The pool areas were very comfortable and plenty of good quality sun beds and the Tikki bar a useful spot for a drink or snack.
The drive to theme parks is very quick and it could hardly be better located and yet it is quite peaceful in the complex.
I do not understand the recent critics from the U.K. who said they had been before but didn't know you need a car and were not used the way bills are constructed in the USA it happens everywhere that tax is added at the end this is the same as when you shop in the USA
Yes you have to pay if you want the cleaning service but this is normal in a condo complex as many people prefer not to pay for the cleaning, we found the cleaning service fine and the same standard in any normal hotel.
This resort exceeds expectations if you are realistic it is very good value for large 3 bedroom condos and for any family on a budget could hardly be bettered, yes you must have a car but that is true almost anywhere in this area unless you stay in a Disney property and only go to disney attractions.
The staff are delightful and when we had any minor problems they dealt with them quickly and correctly.
Please do not believe the adverse review from the British couple it is out of line with every other comment I heard whilst I was there.
Remember you are paying 3 star prices for a condo do not expect 5 star hotel services.
One final note try to avoid buildings 6 and 7 they are quite a walk from the reception and pool areas.

Room Tip: try to stay in buildings 1 2 or 3
Dear hayesone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It may be helpful to add that for those guests with future reservations, please visit the WorldQuest website and review the list of amenities and optional services and fees.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next visit to Orlando!

phoenix, arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here Jun 3-8, 2013. We had a 3 bed/3bath in building 3, room 205. Perfect location for this property. You are close to the office, the pool, and the continental breakfast. The check in and check out was a breeze. The property is beautiful, well kept, & secure/safe. This villa was huge & perfect for 5 or more people (just like having your own condo). So much room. We didn't hear one bit of outside noise the whole time we were here. Living room & kitchen was nice, everything modern. (We didn't use any of the appliances or kitchen stuff). There is a safe in the master to lock up valuables. The master bedroom is divided from the other bedrooms by the kitchen and living room, so perfect for privacy. The bathroom in the master was enormous. The other two rooms are across from each other & good sized. The other two bathrooms were good sized as well. Good water pressure and lots of hot water for all 3 bathrooms. All of our beds were so comfortable. (King in the master, queen in 1 room, twin beds in the other room). Having the screened-in balcony was so nice to look across at the marsh and not have all the flying bugs bother you. My daughter was constantly looking out to see if she could see alligators in the swamp/marsh area. Having the washer/dryer was nice to wash clothes before coming home. The pool was huge and nice & clean. You can purchase Disney tickets there in the on-site market. This saves you waiting in line at the parks to purchase tickets. They carry the park hoppers and single days. The parks are maybe 10 mins away by car. (We didn't take advantage of the shuttle. Many people told me it is so much easier to park at any of the parks. That way you can leave on your own time and not have to wait. Parking was $15 and you can go in & out of any parks within that day.) The signs to get to any of the parks were all very self explanatory. If you have little children & you plan to come back for a nap, the shuttle times is not convenient for that. There is a Walmart close by which has tons of Disney merchandise like key chains, magnets, purses, clothes, plush, dishes, toys, etc. Buying gifts here is so much cheaper than in the parks. Save some money and shop here first. We didn't pay any resort fees as this was a travelzoo special.

CONS:
I would recommend having a car if you want to go to stores or restaurants. There is nothing within walking distance. We found an awesome affordable Italian restaurant called Pacino's @ 5795 W. Highway 192 in Kissimmee. Delicious food. Well worth it. Stores are close too.

The other thing I was not satisfied with was the house keeping. We signed up for the $6.00 basic which just replenishes towels & garbage removal. The first 2 days was great. After that I had to call the front desk to get new towels the following days. Separate cleaning crews do the trash and towels. Our trash was always taken care of just not replacing towels. Our soaps/shampoos were never replenished. So just minor inconvenience.

The continental breakfast is very very basic. No eggs or meats. Mainly breads like muffins and pastries, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, and coffee & juice. They didn't replenish food items once they were gone the days we were there. We didn't eat in the area just took our food to the room so not sure if it was replenished once we left.

The master bedroom had a ceiling fan which was great. You can feel the a/c perfectly in the master & living room. The other two rooms do not have a ceiling fan and my daughters said they were hot in their rooms. That even with the vents wide open they didn't seem to get a lot of air movement. Just an FYI.

The internet connection didn't seem to work well at all in our room.

Tip:
Florida weather is crazy. I tell anyone who plans a trip to Disneyworld to purchase a rain pancho & flip flops (walmart) to keep in their backpacks to take to the park. It can look sunny as ever and then you get a rain shower out of nowhere. It's nice to switch your tennis shoes to flip flops so they don't get wet and then you have soggy socks the rest of the day. The run off or drainage at the parks is slow so the water gets deep in all the parks. The walk ways are so uneven so that also holds puddles. I had a plastic bag to put the wet stuff in when the sun came out again.

All in all, I would stay here again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Buildings 1, 2, or 3. Top floors.
Dear azdisneyfan,

Thank you for your review of your stay in early June, and I am pleased that you would stay again on your next trip to Orlando.
I see that your requested housekeeping service was intermittent, and I would like to apologize for this, as you should have received this service each day that you had arranged for it. I will pass your comments on to the staff, as we are always striving to ensure we offer great customer service.

Again, thank you!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at WorldQuest Orlando Resort and we were very pleased. The resort had everything a family of six would need. Our stay there was for 7 days and we were happy all 7 days. The staff was very friendly and everything was close by the resort. My only caution is to be careful when you leave the resort. Getting across the busy road to get to Disney is like playing the old arcade game "Frogger". Many cars were racing by us as we tried to cross the busy intersection and avoid getting slammed by a speeding car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WorldQuestOrlando11, Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ray,

Thank you for your comments and your kind words for our staff -- I will pass them on!
Also, please drive carefully! :)

Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very clean and spacious. Their customer service was excellent. I love the location of this hotel too. It's not too far from the freeway, shops, and downtown Disney! But it's far enough away from tons of traffic. This is my second time staying at this resort, and will most likely be the place I stay anytime I travel to Orlando.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lianne,

I appreciate you staying with us for the second time, and look forward to your next visit!

Mikkeli, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very good family hotel and well situated as base. We have car rented and there were quite easy to navigate all Orlando attractions (I understood there were shuttel ride from the hotel too). Hotel was clean, staff friently and helpfull. Big rooms, big pool, price resonable condidered what we got,

My big recommendations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
compton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

spacious, great rooms, great view and workers are super friendly and accommodating. stayed with a couple friends. after check out, we realized we left her phone back at the room and room service was kind enough to escort us and go back to check the rooms. great for groups!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to WorldQuest Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!