“Great value for money, but not great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%...
Ranked #38 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Great value for money, but not great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I think this hotel has a lot to offer for the money, which is very reasonable, but I would not stay here again. Let me start with the positives: the rooms are large and very well-appointed, the rooms have great screened in terraces, the pool area is very nice and clean, there were plenty of towels and pool side lounges, there is plenty of parking near your room even during the busiest week. The location is very convenient to Disney and to major shopping malls. There is a continental breakfast included with plenty of food (albeit all the same selection every day). Probably most impressive given my prior experiences at condos, Wi-fi internet worked flawlessly!

What this hotel is lacking is good service. Basically any time I asked for anything, it was either not done or only done after many repeated requests. Let me start with a basic request. Given that this rooms have a kitchen, I bought some eggs to make scrambled eggs for my family. I then discovered that while there were lots of pots, there was no skillet or frying pan of any sort. I called in to ask if it was simply missing from our room and was told by the receptionist that whatever the room has is it. I said how am I supposed to fry or sauté anything, and she said put a bit of oil in the pot. I was disappointed but decided to boil things instead (healthier anyway). However, it turned out that there is a list of supplies that my room was supposed to have and it did list a 12" skillet (I discovered this on day 4 of my stay). I called in and a skillet was delivered. Obviously, the receptionist did not care enough to send somebody to check on my issue.

This is minor, bigger issues appeared later. I asked for full cleaning on the day when another few family members were arriving. After the room was cleaned, I have discovered that instead of 6 towel sets that were taken away from the room only 4 sets were left (and we had more family coming). Also, the shower was not cleaned at all (had the hair and soap scum from before). When I asked for more towels, i was told that this is $6.00 extras. I explained that this was supposed to be there as my reservation was for 8 people. They did deliver more the next day (after we all already shared for towels for showers).

Here is the worst part, my reservation was for 8 people (stated in the reservation papers), initially only 5 of us came with more coming later. I discovered that there was only 7 sleeping spaces. I called the clerk and asked for rollaway bad for later. He said, don't worry you will get one when your family members join. When I called in a few days as my family members joined, I was told that roll away beds were all gone. I said I had foreseen this hence was asking for one earlier in the week when they had it. They said, they will try to get me one when people check out. I stayed home the whole day calling them every hour asking for the bed. They said they will give me one and there is one coming but by 8pm, they said there is no bed. They brought in a blow up mattress, which started deflating within 30 min of being pumped. The bottom line, we were one space short for sleeping and the 9 year old kid had to share a bed with his parents. Not too comfy. The following day, I complained and got the rollaway. Finally! At the check out, the manager apologized and issued me a 1 day credit. This was very nice, but I think the headache I had about the bed is what I will remember and not the refund.

There are a few other things that played out in the same way, until I got the manager not a single service request was resolved. If the management is looking for feedback, they need to train their staff to address service issues. The front desk personnel is nice and polite, but totally ineffectual.

There are few other things to note. The only place to eat on premises is the Tiki bar and that is not always open (e.g., closed on bad weather days), and has one person doing everything (e.g., taking orders, cooking the food, making drinks). As a result, when there were 3-4 families trying to eat lunch, it took 1 hour for her to make a burger, a salad, and chicken nuggets. It would be nice to add a helper during lunch an dinner hours to this service.

There are also absolutely no kids programs (something that other Disney kids-friendly resorts often have).

Overall, given huge choices people have for condos in Disney area, I would choose a different place (e.g. the one we stayed in last year Windham Bonnet Creek had a lot more to offer).

Room Tip: Buildings 1-3 are close to the pool. Avoid ground floor (no privacy and high noise).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear TallyfromNYC,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologize as we failed to deliver on the service aspect of your stay. The staff is here to tend to all our guests needs, and we want you to know that we treat all of our guest feedback as a valuable tool and communicate this with our employees daily.
Our staff is usually quite engaged, with their positive energy directed towards ensuring our guests have everything they need.
Please accept my apology.

Tim Gross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at world quest resort for 3 nights with my wife and two teenage kids. The family suite was excellent. Very roomy and well equipped. The pool area was well kept and relaxed. The only negative point was the breakfast area that was rather crowded due to it being too cold to sit outside.

Very good value for money. Clean and well kept.

• Stayed December 2012
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

What a great family resort for the holidays or otherwise. The children had a wonderful time and the restaurant was wonderful. The staff were so efficient and attentive to our every need. We would definiately return.

Room Tip: The end suites definately have more of a view and openess.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

World Quest is not at the same level of quality and service as several other area resorts. Please consider spending your money elsewhere, as to avoid the headaches we experienced. We have stayed at over a dozen resorts in the Orlando area, even more across the USA and internationally. This is my first review on a travel review site. I feel the management at World Quest and Remington Property Management needs to be aware of our experience, so changes in policy/personelle traning can better the resort.

We were in a 2 bedroom unit, in building 2. The location and proximity to the pool was very nice. The unit was also large and my children enjoyed the towel swans. However, there were only 4 bath towels in a unit that sleeps 6 people.

My first concern was a long black hair in the main bathroom. My family is blonde and it was obviously not "ours". Not a big deal. We travel a lot, things are never perfect.

Our second concern was the wireless internet did not work. We called the front desk and a cable was sent to our room to secure wired internet access. Again, not a big deal.

Thirdly, I went to use the hairdryer in my bathroom after dinner. It did not turn on. We called the front desk and a maintaince person came to the room. He said the blow dryer was an older model and obviously, it did not work. He said he would be RIGHT back with a new hair dryer. We waited until after ten pm. He never came back. That is unacceptable to me. I am wondering if he went home at 8pm or when ever his shift ended. No communication, no phone call and definately no resolution to the problem.

The "final straw", when we decided our money would better be spent elsewhere. We tried to go to bed and watch tv. You guessed it, the master bedroom tv would not turn on. We discovered it was unplugged. When we plugged it in, the light would come on for a few seconds and go off. The tv was non functional. Obviously, the resort knew the tv did not work, or housekeeping would not have left it unplugged. At this point, calling a third time to the front desk seemed senseless.

The resort shows beautifully in photos. The photos were not reality for us. Unfortunately, we had one thing after another go wrong. I feel guests deserve a far better experience than our family had.

Room Tip: We had multiple problems with our unit, I am unable to recommend this property to others.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear CR NC,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I will surely share your notes with my staff this morning, and will ensure all concerns have been addressed. Our guest feedback is usually very good, and my staff and I take all guest comments to heart. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a great experience with us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tim Gross
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

WorldQuest Orlando Resort was wonderful. It was clean, spacious and the staff was very friendly.
The full kitchen allowed me to prepare an entire Thanksgiving meal for my family and the washer and dryer in the room was very handy. We had 3 BR and 3 baths and after long, fun and busy days at the theme parks, it was terrific to have this great place to come back to. We hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed from 12/6-12/9 for our mini vacation to disney to see the parks at christmas time. we couldn't have asked for a better location, about 2 miles from disney entrance. The room was clean, and wth 5 of us we were able to spread out in the 3 bedroom condo. We requested a ground floor room close to the pool, as I have a disabled daughter. No problems with our request. We come to disney generally one too two times a year, each time we have tried some place different because we weren't satsified. I can say that this visit has changed that and we would stay again. The pool was great for the kids, and the tiki bar makes a mean mojito!!!

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this resort for one night on December 1st prior to our Disney cruise. They had a wonderful special where cleaning and resort fees were waived. If our cruise had not been the next day, we definitely would have stayed longer. Our 2 bedroom was very large and clean and we had a beautiful view of the nice, clean pool. They even provided towel animals--two large beautiful swans. We had a baby and a young child and ended up (unexpectedly) doing laundry twice due to accidents. It is nice to have the washer and dryer. The master bath is huge and has a great whirlpool tub and shower. Parking is free, ample, and convenient. The resort is on a dead end street, which makes it seem private and quiet. We spent some time at Disney that night, and it took about ten minutes to drive there. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was quite good for a continental breakfast--cereal, milk, juice, coffee, fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, pastries, muffins. We also loved that when we left we did not have to run the dishwasher or gather up the linens, as we have had to do in other condos. This place has the space of a large condo with the feel of a nice hotel. Perfect for a family. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: It is very nice to have a view of the pool, especially if you have kids who want to swim. However...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to WorldQuest Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!