“Excellent on all counts. Read on ....” 5 of 5 stars

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8849 Worldquest Blvd., Orlando, FL 32821   |
Ranked #47 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Cornwall
“Excellent on all counts. Read on ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked for two families to stay at World Quest Resort in October/November 2012 and we had a two bed and three bed apartment each.

What can I say, the resort is fantastic and the apartments are five star in my opinion.

I am quite fussy about accommodation on holiday and the World Quest exceeded my expectations.

Our two bed apartment was HUGE!! We had a master bedroom with a six foot bed, large flat screen TV and an ensuite with marble countertops, his and hers basins, a large closet with a safe, a huge walk in shower AND a Jacuzzi bath. The kitchen/living area was also very large with a well set up kitchen, massive American fridge freezer, oven, hob, microwave etc etc. Our kids shared an ample sized double bedroom with their own bathroom, a large flat screen TV and built in closet. I won’t wax lyrical any more about the accommodation but what you see in the photos of the apartments on the website is what you get and it is very impressive.

Free wifi was a bonus as well.

My brother and his family were in the three bed and it was also fantastic.

The resort is beautifully clean and well maintained. The pool area and Jacuzzi is lovely and the loungers and pool furniture are of a high quality thus adding to the feeling of luxury that World Quest offers. I stayed at Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and the pool area reminded me of theirs in a small way

World Quest offers breakfast for guests which consists of a variety of bagels, pastries, toast and fruits with juices and hot drinks. Although the breakfast is not exhaustive by American standards you must bear in mind that this resort offers self catering apartments and you do have all the facilities to provide for your family at breakfast in your apartment so I would say that the breakfast provided should be considered a bonus and therefore I cannot criticise it.

I was a little concerned that the cereal/milk/hot drink preparation room was a small space and I would urge parents not to allow young children into this area for fear of any possible scalding accidents. I do feel that this is something that needs to be addressed but if parents are diligent with their children a problem should not occur.

All the staff were polite and helpful and Karen the Concierge was an absolute star. She was extremely helpful and always addressed our needs efficiently and confidently. By the way, we bought all our park tickets via Karen prior to our arrival and they worked out way cheaper than even the “combo” deals you can get online.

We visited Florida purely to go to the parks but we decided if we went back we would not only stay here again but I think we would spend a little more time relaxing by the luxurious pool!

If I do have one small criticism it would be that the resort is poorly signposted and thus very difficult to find and for all its grandeur the hotel sign on the 535 is not lit up at night and also stands perpendicular to the road so it is not easy to see, even in daylight. When we did finally find the resort and report of our difficulties in finding it to reception they did comment that “everybody says that”.

Please World Quest, address this, you are selling yourselves short with the entrance! You deserve better signage!

So, in summary, I would highly recommend World Quest to everyone. The accommodation is excellent, the resort is beautiful and the location for the parks is superb. When we return to Florida it will be our first choice (now we know how to find it!)..

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are few downsides to this great place. In fact we found only three in our 10 days here (we are still here), the buildings are cheaply built so sound travels through apartments. The people above us for a while seemed obsessed with scraping furniture around the floor of their apartment and check in was sooo slow as the two staff were dealing with phone bookings at 7pm on a Sunday night! Third traffic noise when sitting outside in the neat patio but all 3 are minor.

We find it spotlessly clean and our 2 bedroom place has full size everything fridge, cooker, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer (both necessarily noisy) 3 televisions two bathrooms and comfortable beds. Everything needed.

Breakfast included up to 9:30 am and if anyone complains about the great food: four choices of cereal, 3 types of bagels, 4 types of muffins, fresh oranges apples, porridge, tea, coffee, 2 types of milk, four types of fruit juice, white and brown bread, butter, peanut butter and Philly cheeses - and I'm sure I've left stuff out - then there is something wrong with them.

The pool is vast and pleasantly warm the jacuzzi also huge and very warm with great facilities ~ in short this place is simply superb and well worth staying in ~ we will be back.

Oh it has 24 hr security and we had one problem that could have been a real holiday spoiler for us but the beautiful girl at reception to the rescue she called one of her fixers and he took care of it in under 20 minutes, to our huge relief - all we heard was 'no problem' and they meant it, so a big thanks to the great staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

These villas were so nice and big. It was very roomy and I loved that we had a bathroom for each bedroom. The villa was very clean and in perfect working order. I wish we had stayed here the whole vacation instead of trying out a second resort. We definitely would stay here again the next time we are in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aventura, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on Oct 26-28 2012. We made reservations 5 weeks ahead (sept 20th) for 6 adults. We got a room smaller than all previous rooms we got there (in many previous visits) and only with 2 baths. I asked to get a 3 baths room but the menager explained that they're all occupied for the weekend. I didn't know the had 2 baths rooms-we always got 3. Since it wasn't specified on the reservation-I said thank you-unhappy and remarked that common sense would be to reserve 3 bath room for 6 adults reservation.We checked in 3:30PM which is pretty early.
In the night on my way to the bath I hit a piece of metal that was sticking out of the bed and cut my leg. I went to sleep with a bleeding leg . In the morning-it took us forever to brush and wash.This is the first time I didn't have good time in that hotel but it's also the first time I got injured in a hotel room.I uploaded a photo of the broken bed. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WorldQuestOrlando11, General Manager at WorldQuest Orlando Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Nissan C,

Thank you for your comments. I would first like to apologize for your experience with us. We corrected the bed issue as soon as we were made aware of it, and I apologize that it was not in-order prior to your arrival. Regarding your request for a 3 bathroom suite, I can provide the following update: To date we have only published both the 2 bed/2 bath and the 3 bed/2bath room types. With the limited inventory of 3/3's we allowed for it to be a "pleasant surprise" upon arrival rather than a guarantee. Due to feedback such as yours, we are adding the 3/3 room type very soon, so if it is available you will be able to guarantee it at the time of booking.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you will visit us again.

Respectfully,

Tim Gross
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit from October 29th until November 5th. We got a special through travel ticker for 89 dollars a night and no resort fees.

Pros:
1. The rooms were good sized and there was a hot tub in the master bathroom. Full kitchen and dining area with kitchen supplies.
2. Nice pool area. The pool and hot tub were big and there was plenty of room here. They had a pool house which had restrooms and they had plenty of pool towels and some pool toys.
3. There was a security gate with a guard on duty and that made you feel safer even though on two nights we had "those shady" pizza flyers put under our door. How do they get in there with security at the gate?
4. Maintenance and breakfast workers at the resort were very friendly.
5. Great location and very close to Disney theme parks. Closer than you would be staying at some of the Disney resorts.

Cons:
1. Poor lighting in the bathrooms.
2. We stayed in a 5th story room (which is on the top floor) and they have vents on the roof with flaps that bang a lot if there is any wind outside. This kept me up the first night we were there and most nights we had to close the bathroom door in order to get any sleep or we would hear that noise through the ceiling vent all night long. Very frustrating. The room also had some wear and tear that should be fixed. The carpeting in the bedroom was very worn. The sound proofing in the room wasn't very good either and you could hear people in other rooms and outside the room. The exterior of the rooms weren't all that clean and kept up well.
3. We got locked out of our room twice and the second time the maintenance man said it was the battery in the lock and he got it fixed, but it was frustrating to have to go to the main building on three occasions to get our key cards re-programmed when that wasn't the issue.
4. We originally got to the resort about 1:30 and tried to check in. The lady working at the window didn't greet us. She was counting money and after a couple of minutes my boyfriend asked her if we needed to go to the other window. She said no, but still didn't ask how she could help us. So then we asked her if we could check in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we left and came back about 4;30. We checked in with someone else who was much friendlier and waited on us right away.
5. The breakfast area is really small and I couldn't believe how rude some of the international guests were. People say Americans are rude, but I was shocked at how poorly adults behave at a free breakfast. One lady took at least 10 pastries on two plates and didn't care how long it took her to do so while a long line of people were waiting behind her. There is very little seating in the breakfast, but if the weather is nice you can sit in the pool area. It isn't the resort's fault that their guests are rude, but I have never been at a hotel breakfast where there were so many rude and greedy people.

All in all we had a pretty good stay, but unless I got a really good rate on a room here I probably would not stay here again. I have been to Orlando more than 25 times in the last 15 years and this resort was fine, but I wouldn't give it as high of a rating as Tripadvisor does.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the top floor unless you are a sound sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Missouri City, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you want huge suites, you'll be pleased. For some reason, my company booking set me up with a 2-bedroom suite, which was way more than I needed. Maybe the smallest is two-bedroom. As for pluses: the place was quiet (Bldg. 3 when I was there), the bed was good, the ceramic tile is nice, and there is a nice balcony. As for the minuses: shoddy construction (not the fault of management), badly chipped baseboard, weird bathroom lighting (dark spots), no tissues, open air hallways (not a secure feeling), cheap door with no security chain, shower door in need of repair, terrible water pressure. Some of the staff was terrific (grounds people, Shadey :) ), and some were just "blah". They also have this weird cleaning policy others have mentioned where you have to pay extra to have your room made up, etc. While I have felt for many years that fresh towels and sheets nightly is wasteful and unnecessary, I guess they should mention "cleaning fees extra" in their bookings. The other thing that really irritated me was that the little store was out of toothbrushes. The second I've ever forgotten a toothbrush had to be there, where I would have had to take a cab for $10 to go get a toothbrush (as they are isolated on some serious acreage) and be late for my meetings. You'd think they would keep a better eye on essentials. Luckily, I ended up finding one at the Marriott where my conference was. They had plenty of Doritos, etc., though. Lastly, there is a security gate with attendant, which made me feel good at first, but then I saw that it's just wide open and unattended sometimes. I might stay here again, but I just wanted to point out a few things that could stand improvement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at WorldQuest and it exceeded our already high expectations. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was perfect! Everything was clean and it was very spacious. There was enough room so that everyone had there own space. We had an excellent view of the lake from our bedroom and the patio. Also, for an extra treat, we could see the fireworks from Disney at night . The breakfast was just perfect for what we needed. The bread, bagels, and danishes were always fresh and plentiful. The pool,I think, was saltwater which was also a plus. We had absolutely NO complaints! Cant wait to visit again next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to WorldQuest Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!