“Love the Villas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   3701 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Love the Villas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Villas before, love the place. We always get a Savanna view as we just can't wait to sit back and enjoy the wildlife. If you want to see lots, try to get a villas near the center as there is more feed stations near there. The villas are big and you can expect to do a lot of walking. The villas are also about as far out from the rest of Disney as you can expect so expect to travel by bus a lot as there is no other mode of transportation however, it's quiet and away from the crowds, a great retreat.

Room Tip: Close the the entrance, second level is nearer the animals. If you want to save money, get a standar...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I gave this resort four stars for no other reason than the inconvenient property layout. For me, it wasn't perfect. First of all, the resort is beautiful. We had a one bedroom savanna view room. It was very spacious and provided beautiful decor and ample amenities. Disney really did think of everything. African carvings throughout, plenty of toilet paper, shampoo, laundry detergent, etc. The one br had a king bed and two sleepers, one a full and the other a single. Our view of the savanna was amazing. Plenty of animals day and night.

The only negative for me was that the layout wasn't really convenient for seniors. I took my mom on this trip and the first room we had was very far from the lobby and pool area. So, we had to move the car each time we wanted to go to the pool. We were moved the next day to a room close to the lobby. While this was much better, the pool is also not very convenient. You have to walk down the hill to get to it. I just found the layout not to be conducive to seniors. The pool area also seemed very small for a resort of this size. Further, I wish that Disney would have made walking paths so that everything didn't feel so tight.

Those are my personal beefs. Nothing too bad, just observations.

Everything else was great, including of course, the Disney service.

Room Tip: We were in 7706. Close to lobby and savannah view.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

First of all, everyone should always do their research before planning a vacation - especially one like Disney. I have been over 20 times and I still spend lots of time online making sure I am up to date on any changes to anything in Disney. A previous poster’s whiny review is a good example of why you can’t just expect to show up on property and have everything work out just the way you hoped - a successful trip to Disney takes work (sorry to burst that bubble, it’s not all magic all the time). There are a million websites with Disney’s restaurant menus available... if your kids only eat chicken fingers, find the places with chicken fingers on the menu and eat there. Also, Disney offers online check-in 60 days in advance of your trip and you can choose to request rooms according to your preference... one of those choices is to be in a room near an elevator if you’d rather not walk past 54 doors to get to your own. You simply have to register for an account on their website and it will track everything from your hotel stay to Magical Express, to dinner reservations, to advance online check-in.

With THAT said, there’s a lot to love about Animal Kingdom’s Kidani Village, and there are some drawbacks too. It all depends on your personal preferences. Kidani Village is near Animal Kingdom, which is pretty far on the outskirts of Disney property, so it can sometimes be a hike to get to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Downtown areas of Disney, especially on a Disney bus (which, by the way, I think is a great way to travel in Disney and save money on transportation costs). The bus service stops at Kidani first, then Jambo House for pick-ups... it stops at Jambo House then Kidani Village for drop-offs. Kidani Village is similar to Bay Lake Tower, which I reviewed for a July 2010 trip... it lacks some of the hustle and bustle of a grand lobby like the majority of the Disney resorts (Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge is much more like what I love about Disney resort lobbies). But it does have great theming, a gift/snack shop, and its own restaurant (Sanaa) and pool. While I love the Jambo House lobby (stayed in Jambo House in October 2008) much more than Kidani Village and prefer its dining options as well, the pool at Kidani Village is really great (better than Jambo House in my opinion). If you have kids that spend a ton of time at the pool, you want to stay here - it’s probably second only to the Beach Club’s pool. It’s awesome, I traveled with just my husband and I, and we even had fun checking out the splash park and water slide ourselves! There are some quieter areas at the pool to retreat to if you want to be kid-free too.

I ate at Sanaa at Kidani Village in December 2010 and it’s very good, and while it doesn’t hold a candle to the food at Jiko in Jambo House, it’s MUCH more affordable and kid-friendly. This time we ate at the Boma breakfast buffet in Jambo House and really liked it a lot. There were a bunch of the brunch mainstays (carving stations, waffles, pancakes - with M&M’s!, bacon, sausage, etc.) as well as some choices more in line with the restaurant’s theme. Breakfast is a little cheaper than dinner at Boma, and we were pretty happy with what they had for the price.

Both Jambo House and Kidani Village have some great views of the resident animals, but unless you pay for a room with a view, you won’t be able to see them from your balcony and will have to settle for checking out the views from the hallways and lobbies (which honestly, are great!).

I did stop by the concierge to ask them about changing my paper tickets over to the RFID format, and he was a bit short with me saying I had to go to Guest Relations to do it. I felt a little silly for asking, even though I know I had read on an (unofficial) website that the concierge could do it as well. I don't mind that the information was incorrect, but I thought he probably could have made me feel like less of an idiot. Also, I left a camera battery charger plugged in when we checked out and the front desk staff that helped me was able to get someone to let me in the room to retrieve it, but she did take a long time to find a solution (it seemed easy enough to me to think to ask someone to escort me, I guess I was wrong). I'm just happy to have gotten the charger back and I wasn't in a rush, but she seemed a bit put-off that I was asking to get my stuff back. Otherwise, the staff was all friendly and accommodating. The bellhops were especially attentive with us.

As for the room itself, it was a pretty standard 1 bedroom villa... 1 queen bed, 1 pullout sofa, bathroom with 1 sink, and kitchenette. It was equipped with a Pack N Play as well. The bed was comfy, room was spotless. We were the first room as you got off the elevator, so there was some hallway noise, but it was barely noticeable. We were in a standard view room, so although I requested savannah views if available when I checked in online, we didn’t get one, which I knew was a possibility. With the vacation club villas, housekeeping only comes once every 3 or 4 days, and we only stayed 3 nights, so never had a chance to see how housekeeping services were. Our sink was clogged upon arrival, but we were never really in our room long enough to call and ask them to fix it. I was a little surprised though, since I assume they’d need to use the sink for cleaning and would have noticed it? Oh well. I noticed the bathrooms had motion sensors on the fans so they would only be on when someone walked in the bathroom, even if the lights were left on, which is somewhat eco-conscious (as is not having housekeeping replace towels every day) if you are looking for that sort of thing. We didn’t really use our kitchenette at all, but it had a small fridge, microwave, and sink as well as cabinets with dishes, dish soap, etc. It seemed adequate for what you might need. The bed and pillows were comfy. I was a little bummed that the thermostat only went down to 66 (it’s HOT in FL!) but overall we were very comfortable and happy with the room and our stay at Kidani.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, request to be further from the elevators when you check in online on Disne...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our first DVC visit after joining on our Disney Cruise last summer. Overall we enjoyed it a lot. We stayed three nights and now are spending four nights at Saratoga Springs due to AKL being unavailable. First my wife, two daughters 13 and 11, and myself all enjoyed the room......we stayed in a one bedroom and it was spacious and very comfortable. We were in room 7875 which was at the far end of the savanna so we did not see a lot of animals outside our room.....no giraffes but we were able to see them being fed early in the morning in a fenced in area. All staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful hotel. The animals are so awesome! For my wife and I it was no big deal to walk down to Jambo House for food for the kids. Really the ONLY complaint (and I don't necessarily know a solution) was the very long walk (half a mile at least) from the lobby to our room. I am an exercise guy but it got old very quickly when making trips back and forth. We overall really enjoyed our time at Animal Kingdom Lodge and plan to return in the future.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Kidani is always a joy to stay at the cast members are always warm and friendly. I love the bell service and easy check in and check and check out. I feel very safe at this hotel whether I am alone or with family and friends. Transportation is always quick and efficient. This is a super clean well maintained hotel that feels like home.

• Stayed February 2013
cattjer812
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a savannah view room, which was very relaxing because you could sit outside with coffee and watch the animals. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room, book a standard view and go downstairs to see the animals. They even have night vision goggles you can use downstairs by the fire. There are not a lot of food options, but you can walk to Jambo house or take a bus if you wish. We opted to walk, which takes about 15 minutes. All in all, a great trip!

• Stayed June 2013
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yes, the grounds are amazing, the animals are right there, the night vision goggles are something not to miss, but we were there for two nights and the same set of dirty dishes were outside of our room from check-in though one hour short of check out. Even after calling, they were not removed, only after I took a photo and went to talk to the manager, they were finally removed. Not the magical experience that you expect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village? Share your experiences!