“Dirty dishes outside my door the entire time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   3701 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Dirty dishes outside my door the entire time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yes, the grounds are amazing, the animals are right there, the night vision goggles are something not to miss, but we were there for two nights and the same set of dirty dishes were outside of our room from check-in though one hour short of check out. Even after calling, they were not removed, only after I took a photo and went to talk to the manager, they were finally removed. Not the magical experience that you expect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

When booking Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Lodge, my husband and I thought it would be one of the best hotels to stay at due to the live animals simply walking around outside your viewing area. However, the stay was complaint and inconvience after another. To start, the only restaurant in the hotel is the Sunaa. This restaurant is based on Indian type food and in our opinion by no means kid friendly. When I think of kid foods, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and burgers come to mind. None of these items were available at the restaurant. And the fact that we were staying at a hotel for Disney which is for mainly the kids, it blew my mind.
When checking out, we called the bellhop service thinking it would be easier for them to come up to our room and pick up our luggage instead of lugging down 3 suitcases, a diaper bag, my purse, and a book bag with two small children. Guess we should have simply carried our items ourselves. We called at approximately 10:30am (check out is 11:00) My husband and my 2 children were waiting for the bell hop in our hall way. About 45min had passed and I decided to call the bell hop service incase they may have forgotten about us. The lady informed me that there were only 2 bell hops for the hotel at the time and everyone was trying to check out at the same time. i made her aware that we had called over 45min ago. Shs stated we were "next". I then decided to take my son down to the laundry room to wash our clothes instead of simply standing in the hallway wasting more & more time. My husband and daughter later came down to the laundry room where my son and I were. It took the bell hop roughly an hour and a half to come up to pick up our luggage. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. This is the part that really agitated me. As my 1st load of clothes are done washing, I begin to take them out of the washer. I notice food and marks still on my clothes, as if they were never washed but they were wet so I knew they were! I had about 6 articles of clothing with marks still on them. My son's Polo shirt that was embroidered and said POLO acrossed it, was all frayed and the letters were just hanging on. I was now furious. My husband went to find a manger. The kids were beyond antsy at this point. The manager came in and I showed him each piece of clothing. He apologized and basically stood there. My husband mentioned about going to lunch and the manager said he would take care of it- meaning the hotel would pay for it considering the damage their washing machine had done to my family's clothing.
Another inconvience was where our room was located. Our room # was 7754. In which case we had to take the elevator up a floor (to the 3rd floor) and then walk from 7700 to 7754. We walked passed 54 doors! It was a hike. Pushing a stroller, walking with a 5yr old all this way to and from the hotel room was a huge pain!!
I will make a positive note here and add that the Maji pool was pleasant. My family did enjoy this a couple of days during our stay. Their pool bar menu didnt have much of a selection, but you can't make everybody happy, can you??
I hope after reading my review and the inconvience we delt with, you will reconsider booking Animal Kingdom for your next vacation!

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during a split-stay at 2 Disney hotel earlier this month, and what an amazing experience! We were in a 1-bedroom villa with a savanna view. The animals were very active in the evening and at lunch time, and they were so much fun to watch! We saw zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, cranes, gazelles and so much more. The staff was great, too! The kids spoke with the guides who helped the kids find all of the animals on their checklist, and they were all so friendly. The villa was amazing. We loved having 2 full bathrooms, and the jacuzzi tub was so nice. The balcony was huge, which made it great for animal searching! The kids loved having the pull-out sofa and the pull-out chair so they could each have their own space. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator or you will do some walking. Also request Sunset Savanna.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Totally AWESOME! Adults and kids still talking about their experiences weeks afterwards!

If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind resort experience to enjoy nature and exotic animals, while still basking in the comforts of top-notch facilities and service, then come to Animal Kingdom Lodges! Our family had a fantastic experience from start to finish.

We are part of DVC, however, we took an extended vacation this year so for this reservation I went through a travel agency. I reserved a Savannah View, 1-Bedroom, Kidani Lodge. I did the on-line check-in and requested to be near the lobby with a Sunset View. We arrived prior to check-in time and were greeted warmly at every turn, we set up texting notification to let us know when the room was ready (it was within 30minutes) and our kids eagerly set off to explore the resort. They headed straight for the outdoor viewing patio and were wowed by the giraffes, zebras, ostriches etc. that were in the hotel "savanna" area. Very cool.

The Room: Rafiki Section, 4th Floor, Sunset View (put also due to orientation viewed beautiful sunrises). Our 1-Bedroom was spacious with 2-full bathrooms, full pull out couch, twin pull out bed and the main bedroom had a king sized bed. Group of 4 people, the bed situation mattered since our boys (now 10yrs and 13yrs old) do not find it fun to share the pull-out anymore, so everyone had their space. Mattresses were all extremely comfortable (firm but with slight give; which matters most to one person in our group that is recovering from a back injury). Sheets crisp, lots of fluffy towels. Bathrooms very large. Fully functional kitchen with microwave, stove/oven, full fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker and stocked dish/silverware items etc. Lots of space and everything was spotless! Our reservation included daily housekeeping services (most DVC stays housekeeping restocks towels etc on the 4th day), I didn't realize that at first but quickly got use to it :) Hats off to the Housekeeping crew, our room was spotless and all the common areas looked immaculate too.

Our Kidani Experience: This leg of our trip was dedicated to enjoying the unique opportunity to have access to the animals and relax amongst the lodge amenities. I read complaints about the dark interior, however, we found the muted, hushed the surroundings completely captured the tone and mood of being in a foreign land. Loved it! In the morning we awoke to the sounds of the animals and in the evening watched them again as they grazed and relaxed in the heat. For our viewing area usually around 8-10am the animals were directed to holding areas as the savanna was cleaned and restocked (by then our kids were eating or off to the pools). Otherwise, one animal or another was always in view, always amazing! An Animal Guide / reference sheet is provided so you can identify the animals in the savanna; our sons tracked which animals they saw and exchanged factoids. Learning and having fun? As parents we liked that part. Outside the room, since we looked at the animals from several different resort look-out points, our boys talked with the staff quite a bit, besides learning about the animals the gracious hosts also talked about their homelands and shared information about their countries as well as their new experiences in the U.S.; these exchanges personalized the visit with memorable stories. Amazing facilities, kind and wonderful staff.

Comparison of AKL: Kidani Lodge is lower key than the main Jambo house. Several examples follow to include first impressions, pools and dining options. Jambo house lobby is grand and awe inspiring while the Kidani lobby comparably is smaller in scale and wow factor. Jambo Lodge has a larger main pool, but with that, they have larger crowds. The Kidani main pool area is smaller in scale but still has a small slide as well as a large slide into the main pool. Additionally, it has a fantastic water play area for toddlers and smaller children! It's beautiful and includes a water tower and sprinklers, this is not available at Jambo (they do have a toddler wading pool). The poolside bar with quick order meal service was great at both locations; Jambo also has Mara, a quick service restaurant near the pool (remember, no plastic straws or cup lids to protect the animals). We happily took the shuttle to Jambo house to dine at Boma / Mara, pool-hop and cruise the larger gift shop. If you want to be around a busy vibe and do not plan on eating / making meals in your room, then Jambo house might be a better option. Our group enjoyed escaping back to the tranquility of Kidani Lodge and overall preferred the atmosphere: pool area, animal viewing spots and 'slower' pace.

Services: Concierge team was incredibly efficient in helping us make some last minute reservations. The staff in the small shop very kind and always so happy, compelled me to smile every time! The staff and chefs at Boma and Mana are exceptional!! We have a person in our group that does not eat eggs, dairy or meat - these professionals always took a moment to talk to our plant-eater and never made her feel awkward her food choices (many places do). Additionally, they made it look easy, seamless in creating plant-based, delicious food! Kept our meat eaters happy too. The scrumptious food and ease in addressing special diet makes for a memorable dining experience. Overall, at every turn, the staff was exceptional!

Transportation: We had a vehicle with us so we had no issues with getting around. We did not use the bus services (Bus stop right outside the lobby area) and instead drove to the parks and Downtown Disney. This worked out well for our family since when staying at a Disney Resort you get a free parking pass at the parks and access to Magic Hours. Put us in charge of our time and schedule. We did take the shuttle bus between Kidani and Jambo, especially in the evenings when the Florida rains hit; the shuttle is fast and convenient.

Check-In/Out: Used the on-line option so no lines at the front desk. Incredibly efficient and easy.

We had a truly exceptional experience from the initial greeting, housekeeping staff, dining service, pools and immaculate facilities. Prior to arriving I thought we'd be lucky if we saw a couple of animals from our balcony, instead we were consistently treated to animal sightings! The efforts by the staff ensures a steady flow of diverse animals are grazing within viewing range of the lodging, it is exceptional! Keep it up! Seeing the animals is what makes lodging here so unique. The entire AKL team delivered at every level!

Room Tip: Room Tip: Some people really enjoy the outer rooms for peace and quiet. However, if you would like...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here again. The rooms at Kidani are wonderful. Try Sanaa restaurant. There are many animal themed activities for the kids- be sure to look at the room guide. Interesting activities such as night viewing via goggles of the animals and drum demonstration & participation. The pool at Jamba house is walking distance and great. Don't forget to say hello to the flock of flamingos - live ones by the poolside. My entire family loves to stay here. You won't be disappointed. THe only drawback is the slightly longer bus ride to magic kingdom or epcot from some other places.

Room Tip: savannah view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greenville,In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After staying a few nights off property, we were thrilled to have a chance to stay two nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. We rented DVC points from a friend which made the value for us exceptional. Although we had a wonderful time, I don't think I could have paid $500 a night to sleep on a pullout sofa - we had a studio room with a savannah view. I did the online check in, but when I arrived our "folder" had gone missing? So unfortunately, we had to go through the check in process again. Our room was not ready but it was 10 am so this was expected. The lobby is beautiful but not as large or as noisy as the Jambo House. After just a one visit to Jambo House, I really appreciated the serenity of the Kidani common areas. Our room was located in about the fourth section of rooms along a very, very long hallway. This seemed to be a reasonable walk, but I'm sure rooms at the end would be very inconvenient. Our view was lovely from the 3rd floor where throughout our stay we saw lots of animals. Our room was very clean and comfortable and seemed perfect for our family of four. I loved having a couch and two chairs so everyone had a place to sit and for the few meals we had in the room. We ate breakfast at Jambo house since there is nowhere to dine for breakfast other than room service. There is a convenient 12 person van that travels between the two buildings. We were always able to get on with a short wait. Buses came very regularly to the parks and stop at Kidani first virtually guaranteeing you a spot then they stop at Jambo House. There is a small gift shop at Kidani with the basics and a refillable Disney mug station. The pool was beautiful but perhaps a little small for the size of the resort. My kids loved the slide and kids water area with squirt guns and water sprays. They were also playing pool games and had lots of planned activities for the kids. Overall, our stay was a chance in a lifetime to see animals out our window and to stay in such a beautiful resort. The resort is though remote to other things at Disney. Our longest bus ride was about 30 minutes to the Magic Kingdom. Other parks seem relatively the same distance as you would expect at the Moderate resorts. I am so glad we tried this resort. But for overall value and convenience, I think next trip we will stick with French Quarter or the Wilderness Lodge.

Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed one week here. The room was a one bedroom suite. It was spacious enough for 2 adults and 2 kids. We had the Savanna view. Everyday we were outside watching many different African species from our balcony. The cast members were all very helpful and pleasant to interact with. There is limited dining options at this resort. You can walk or ride a free shuttle to Jambo house the other Animal Kingdom hotel building. The pools are nice and the afternoon activities were fun for our son. We had fun lounging and watching the kids participating in bingo, limbo and relays. There was one negative to our suite. It was the quarter mile walk from our room to leave the building. No exaggeration, we measured with Google Earth. Be prepared to wait for buses to take you places if you don't have a car. The most we waited was 15 minutes. The transportation system at Disney is very good. This is only to prepare you for your stay here. We didn't mind the wait, since we avoided the hassle of driving and parking. This is a very good resort and I recommend it to anyone, especially if you like animals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village? Share your experiences!