When booking Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Lodge, my husband and I thought it would be one of the best hotels to stay at due to the live animals simply walking around outside your viewing area. However, the stay was complaint and inconvience after another. To start, the only restaurant in the hotel is the Sunaa. This restaurant is based on Indian type food and in our opinion by no means kid friendly. When I think of kid foods, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and burgers come to mind. None of these items were available at the restaurant. And the fact that we were staying at a hotel for Disney which is for mainly the kids, it blew my mind.
When checking out, we called the bellhop service thinking it would be easier for them to come up to our room and pick up our luggage instead of lugging down 3 suitcases, a diaper bag, my purse, and a book bag with two small children. Guess we should have simply carried our items ourselves. We called at approximately 10:30am (check out is 11:00) My husband and my 2 children were waiting for the bell hop in our hall way. About 45min had passed and I decided to call the bell hop service incase they may have forgotten about us. The lady informed me that there were only 2 bell hops for the hotel at the time and everyone was trying to check out at the same time. i made her aware that we had called over 45min ago. Shs stated we were "next". I then decided to take my son down to the laundry room to wash our clothes instead of simply standing in the hallway wasting more & more time. My husband and daughter later came down to the laundry room where my son and I were. It took the bell hop roughly an hour and a half to come up to pick up our luggage. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. This is the part that really agitated me. As my 1st load of clothes are done washing, I begin to take them out of the washer. I notice food and marks still on my clothes, as if they were never washed but they were wet so I knew they were! I had about 6 articles of clothing with marks still on them. My son's Polo shirt that was embroidered and said POLO acrossed it, was all frayed and the letters were just hanging on. I was now furious. My husband went to find a manger. The kids were beyond antsy at this point. The manager came in and I showed him each piece of clothing. He apologized and basically stood there. My husband mentioned about going to lunch and the manager said he would take care of it- meaning the hotel would pay for it considering the damage their washing machine had done to my family's clothing.
Another inconvience was where our room was located. Our room # was 7754. In which case we had to take the elevator up a floor (to the 3rd floor) and then walk from 7700 to 7754. We walked passed 54 doors! It was a hike. Pushing a stroller, walking with a 5yr old all this way to and from the hotel room was a huge pain!!
I will make a positive note here and add that the Maji pool was pleasant. My family did enjoy this a couple of days during our stay. Their pool bar menu didnt have much of a selection, but you can't make everybody happy, can you??
I hope after reading my review and the inconvience we delt with, you will reconsider booking Animal Kingdom for your next vacation!
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village Hotel
- Disney`s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village is an African lodge-style Resort boasting accommodations that include kitchenettes/kitchens and multi-bedroom units. Featuring over 30 species of wildlife that roam free amidst a 21-acre wildlife preserve that includes lush, tropical savannas, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village offers you the unique opportunity to observe exotic animals in their natural habitat from special viewing areas throughout the Resort – and from the balconies of select Guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Amex, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.