“WOW!!!!!!! but shhhh keep it a secret!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   3701 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“WOW!!!!!!! but shhhh keep it a secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Arrived in the dark and we were greeted with an entrance lit by only oil lamps! What a way to begin an African adventure! Our one bedroom Disney Vacation Club villa was in perfect condition with two full baths, service for eight and a master suite! We opened the sliding glass door and were greeted on our private balcony by giraffes! During our stay we were greeted by zebras, osterage, water buffalo, and various birds. The guides were pleasant, knowledgeable and helpfull. Disney imagineering provided for the feeling of being alone in a large resort.

We had a fantastic dinning experience at Sanaa at a reasonable price. I informed the manager that it was our wedding anniversary and our dinner began with complimentary champaign with strawberries and ended with a complimentary dessert.

Suggestion to Disney: As you have on board the Disney Cruiseline, consider an adult dining time, which would have enhanced the experience.

Kidani Village is truely a Disney secret.

Room Tip: Savana view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

744 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

In April 2013, my family (3 kids) and I spent a week in a 1 bedroom unit/savannah view. The room is beautiful and the decoration is amazing. The lighting is very dark which my wife did not appreciate it. It has two bathrooms which is needed with a big family. The view of the animals was very impressive. We saw giraffes and zebras throughout different times of the day.

Our room had to be close to 1/3 a mile away from the lobby and even further to the bus stop. Needless to say we got our exercise in but we had to time ourselves if we had a reservation.

Transportation was excellent, staying at Kidani you get picked up first and dropped off first. Jambo house (way more crowded) is always second for the four parks. The drives were long because you are nowhere near any of the parks. Even Animal Kingdom takes a while.

When staying at Kidani you are in the middle of nowhere.

The pool area is very good and it has a decent slide.

The store is small but sufficient for a few small items. I wish they had a counter service restaurant there. There is one at Jambo House but that would be a 2 to 2 1/2 mile roundtrip walk.

Due to its far distance from the rest of WDW, I give this a very good rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the lobby. It will pay off.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a Savannah view. Each morning the kids my wife and I would see giraffe, zebras, gazelle, etc. cruising right by our balcony. Unbelievable! The room was very big, very comfortable and very nice. The staff were all very nice and helpful. The restaurant was excellent. Cons - our room was a very very long way away from the lobby, pool, etc. 12 minute walk through the hall to the lobby. The restaurant on site was excellent but if you want fine dining or a real breakfast you must go to another resort. We usually stay at the Grand Foridian and are spoiled by the ease of access to amenities and being on the Tram line. Taking the bus to the parks was somewhat of a pain but manageable since the kids are not in strollers anymore.

• Stayed April 2013
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a family of 10 stay at Kidani Village for 5 nights. I had great expectations for my grandchildren. The workers at the hotel could not be beat ,as usual with Disney properties.We had 2 rooms with a savannah views.My grandchildrens room was on the inside of the hotel with all sorts of animals,my wife and mine was on the outside of the hotel,I didn't think that chain link fences were part of a savannah..The other part of my disappointment was the fact we were in the far end of the hotel.We had to walk the total perimeter of the hotel to get to the lobby.WE were located in rooms 7771 and 7772 quite the walk for my pregnant daughter and young children,thank god we brought a stroller for the 3 year old. The room my children had was superb,nice bathrooms ,dining area and kitchen.My room was typical queen room with a bad coffee pot lid that we had to ask for a replacement,nothing amazing about this room at all..One of the great features was the pool area ,though it was a long walk it could not be beat.We had a wonderful time hanging at the pool,waterslides,music and they also had interactive games for the children. The cost for these rooms were more than any other hotel rooms I have ever stayed,it was for the kids ,but I do not see me staying there again..I am sure to try out another Disney property at sometime but not at a luxury resort like this.

Room Tip: Make sure you are closer to the lobby,and your savvanah room is on the inside of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Arrived way earlier than the check-in time and pleasantly surprised to find our room was all ready for us. We checked in online, so all our room keys were prepared, making the physical check in process a breeze. Upon entry, the carpets were still damp from being shampooed, but left the ceiling fans on and balcony door slightly ajar, and by afternoon, it was dry.

Lobby: Kidani's lobby is much smaller compared to Jambo House and lacks the wow factor.

Rooms: We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa in Kidani Village overlooking the savanna. The rooms were spacious, layout well thought-out, modern and clean. Our sauté pan had a deep scratch in it, but housekeeping came within 15 minutes to replace it with a new one once we notified them. The local market at the lobby had the usual breakfast items at reasonable prices to purchase so we could save a little by preparing the first meal of the day in the villa. We chose to stay at Kidani instead of Jambo House because their two-bedroom villas have 3 bathrooms vs 2 at Jambo. It was comfortable for three families (with 5 kids in total). Although Jambo House is where the main entertainment and food is, we liked the quieter Kidani Village and the walk over to Jambo is not bad at all. Worse comes to worse, just take the shuttle bus or drive over. Oh, and wi-fi signals were surprisingly strong for a resort this size (well, our room was fine anyway). Our room was right above the pathway to the pool, so we lucked out in terms of not having to walk far to get to it.

Amenities: Washer and dryer was a nice convenience. Only comes with one load's worth of detergent, so plan ahead and buy your own or bring some from home. Bathrooms were well stocked with toiletries as well. Kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, utensils, etc if you choose to prepare your own meals. If you're staying as time-share members, room service comes on the 4th day to replenish supplies, linens, etc. As hotel guests, the rooms are serviced daily.

Food: Both Jambo and Kidani have their own on-site restaurants, so there's no lack of sit down service if that's what you crave. We only went to the buffet at Jambo House, so that's the only one I can review.. it had something for everyone, so we all left there full tummies with smiles on our faces. There's also more casual dining places by the pools for quicker "fast food" service (usual themepark fare: burgers, salads, kids meals, etc).

Gyms: Both areas have them, next to the pools. Both well equipped. Folks staying there and staff are super friendly and courteous!

Pools: Kidani has its own pool and slide separate from Jambo (guests can use both). Jambo has a bigger pool, but also more crowded. Daily flyers are packed with poolside activities for the kids in both pool areas. At 7p each evening, Disney cast members bring out the marshmallows for roasting.

Garage: underneath the hotels! Keeps your cars cool in the summer. Once you figure out what part of the complex you're staying at, it's no effort to know where to park to be closest to your quarters. Each section is named with Lion King characters.

Savannas: If you're going to spend the money to stay at this resort, don't skimp now. Worth the little extra to get savanna views. Our kids really enjoyed waking up and seeing giraffes and ostriches, etc wandering right out the windows and balconies. The animal caretakers spread their food throughout the savanna to lure the animals all over the space to insure all guests can have the best chance to see the animals as close as safely possible (no, animals are not within touching distance). Warning though.. guests are not allowed to throw food or objects to the animals. There are cameras overlooking the savannah. Savannas at Kidani and Jambo have different animals, but there are plenty of opportunities in common areas to view them. Disney has plenty of knowledgeable staffers to answer any questions about the animals and their habitats.

Morning of check out, we utilized Disney's onsite airline checkin services at the lobby and got our boarding passes and checked in our luggage so our time spent at the airport was less. Yay!

Possible gripes, but really non-issues for me: TV signal is still analog and not high-def, but no matter, we weren't there to watch television anyway. It is one of the farther resorts on Disney property, so the drive or shuttle bus rides to the other parks takes a few more minutes longer, but not a problem really. We used both car and shuttle bus to get around with no kids whining, and it wasn't an issue since both options were air-conditioned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our first stay at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. AKL has many pro and cons. First we are a family of five and we fit comfortably in a one bedroom suite. Much more cost efficient than having to book a two bedroom. We stayed in room 7360, which was on the third floor, with a savannah view.
Room - Excellent. This is nothing like staying at a hotel. The bedroom has a king sized bed that was great. The master bath was amazing. It is a huge room with a large enclosed shower, a separate spa tub, a closet and a enclosed room where the toilet is located. The bedroom opens out to the balcony which overlooked the savannah. The main room has a living area with a sleeper sofa and another deep seat which converts to a sleeper. This room also has a balcony overlooking the savannah. There is a dinning table and a full kitchen and another full bathroom. Like all of Disney the attention to detail is there, big and small.
Animals - as advertised there were many different species of animals roaming freely. I was fascinated by this. I loved sitting on the balcony with a drink and watching them pass by. Food is placed around the resort for the animals to graze on, and they follow it so they arrive at different times. By us it was later in the day. I feel that it is worth noting that there was no odor from the animals, even in the August sun.
Resort - the lobby was nice. Amazing architecture throughout. Gift shop a little smaller than other resorts, but they have all the amenities that you may need, including food, beer and wine which was priced reasonably. The outside fire pit was cool. We missed the story telling but did try the night vision goggles. Very cool, however there are not many of them and they go quickly. People were lining up waiting for a staff member to start handing them out. We visited on pool, which was large. There is a water slide and a sprinkler play area for littler ones. There was entertainment by the pool and a bar where you can get a drink or bite to eat. Of course the staff was excellent.
Restaurants - sorry we did not eat at the resort other than what we made in the room.
Some of the cons are 1 - the size of the resort. Many resorts in Disney are large and spread out into different sections. Kidhani Village however, is one large building. Our room was located near the end of the hall. I forget exactly how long the hallways was, I remember someone saying it was almost a quarter of a mile long. It sure felt like it. So to put that in perspective, to fill your kids drink mug or to get a coffee from the lobby it’s a quarter mile to the elevator, down to the lobby, back up, then a quarter mile back. Another con is that it is located a distance from most of the parks.
All in all, I liked AKL and look forward to staying again after visiting a few of the resorts that we have yet to stay at.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Massachsetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently went to Disney world with my family (parents, sisters, brother in laws, nieces and nephews). My boyfriend and I stayed at the kidani village.

While upon arrival it is breathtaking and amazing to enter the lobby. I thoroughly loved the viewing areas for animals. I saw giraffes and zebras almost daily and got awesome shots. However, everything else was inconvenient.

We were given a savannah view (worth it because it is awesome to wake up to giraffes). But the room was almost as far away as Africa! The walk from the lobby to our room was a good 10 minutes! Adding in the walk to the bus stops and then in the park and upon arriving at night walking back is just too much.

We were "late" for dining reservations 2 times when leaving from the hotel even with leaving over an hour before the reservation.

The bus systems is nice because kidani is picked up and dropped off first, but the ride to any park is at least 20 minutes.

I did enjoy learning about the animals and Africa from the cultural representatives. We even got to go to a graduation for some cultural representatives. That was really interesting.

As for the pool it is beautiful w a water slide and zero depth entrance. They have a special water play area for kids. The bar was beautiful and whole area. However, yet again this was a 10 minute walk from the lobby. So it took me 20 minutes from my room to the pool. Yikes!

This is not the hotel to stay at if you want to come back and relax in the middle of the day and go back to the parks later. The time everything takes means once you come back you won't me leaving again. Assume each day 3 hours between walking to buses, waiting for a bus and getting to the park and back again.

I am glad I stayed there, but I would not choose this hotel again unless I planned to not go to the parks or leave the resort. It was an awesome one time experience.

I hope this helps in your decision making process! I would suggest to ask for a room as close to the lobby as possible!

- a Disney vacationer of 5 times

I have stayed at: wilderness lodge, Caribbean beach, all stars, fort wilderness, Polynesian, and animal kidani lodge. (Split some in one trip etc)

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village? Share your experiences!