“5 Star rating for a 5 star trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   3701 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Lynn, Massachusetts, United States
“5 Star rating for a 5 star trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me first say that this hotel was a gift from a member of the Disney Vacation Club. At this point in my life I could not afford more than two nights at this place. That being said, let's get to it.

The hotel staff went above and beyond. We walked into the place with our luggage and it was immediately behind the counter while we checked in. The woman behind the counter saw that we were on our honeymoon and pulled out a red rose (a la Beauty and the Beast) and handed it to my wife along with our pins and key cards.

We headed to our room and it was there I was allowed to fully take in the lobby. We were married Nov. 24th and arrived at Disney on the 26th and they had decorated for Christmas. This was an incredible sight; a giant Christmas tree elegantly dominated the room and was surrounded by African masks and various other unfamiliar but quite nice ornaments around the room.

When I walked in the room my jaw hit the floor. I could see a giraffe right outside our window. I had heard that this hotel enclosed a savanna of sorts but figured you couldn't really see anything, but there he was, I went to the sliding door and he couldn't have been more than 40-45ft away from me. Once I had admired the animals I looked about the room. The bed was huge. I like a lot of room to stretch my legs so this was a gift. I ventured to the bathroom which had another door inside and I opened it thinking it was an oddly place closest. It was a private toilet. I may be more excited about this than "normal" people.

Now we had arrived fairly late in the evening so we decided to spend our first night at the hotel rather than go to a park. We left this magnificent room that will forever be ingrained in my head as the "private toilet" room, and headed back down to the lobby. We went to the front desk to ask about dinner and they told us that the restaurants were actually at another resort down the road. My wife kind of grimaced at the thought that we now had to bus or possibly walk down the road pickup dinner and walk or bus back AFTER an incredibly long flight. The (same one from earlier) woman behind the desk, probably noting my wife's tired reaction, picked up the phone and had a shuttle come pick us up and wait while we ordered dinner and brought us back.

I will admit the this particular Villa is about 30 mins away from Magic Kingdom. Which I thought was going to be an issue, but honestly the transportation is free and I got over it. Animal Kingdom obviously is real close by, with Epcot and Hollywood Studios were about 15-20 mins away.

We didn't bother with a car because of the buses, but I did notice valet parking.

I'm not used to these accommodations; huge bed, shuttle service, animals at my window, I was completely out of my element and did not want to leave. We were spoiled, I'm usually not one to enjoy spending time on a trip in a hotel but this place made it difficult to want to go to Disney World.

Room Tip: Our room was a few floors directly above the Front Desk, which showed to be great view of the animal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

672 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Margaretville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Disney's Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful, serene and just plain fun. The staff is welcoming and helpful, the facilities and property are kept pristine, and the amenities are outstanding.
We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa overlooking the Savannah as DVC members. Our rooms were beyond spacious - we were a party of 6 and could have easily fit another 2. The furnishings & fixtures were attractive, comfortable and well cared for. The balcony stretched along all 3 main rooms, and was a delightful place to have breakfast or a nighttime drink while watching the animals.
The animal viewing at the main lobby balconies and decks is fantastic, as are the poolside animal views. There is always a helpful cast member available for any questions you may have.
The pool was a highlight - fun games and activities for kids, a great slide, and an excellent bar with a refillable mug station and quick-service lunch items & snacks are offered. Evening campfire & s'mores and poolside movies were great fun. We planned for two 'pool/resort' days, and were so pleased we did.
We enjoyed visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool & quick service restaurant, which is just a 10 minute walk away, but did miss having a Quick Service restaurant at Kidani itself.

Room Tip: If you're staying at Animal Kingdom, the Savannah View rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
new jersey usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here with my sister and the rooms were very nice. There were two bathrooms in the one bedroom villa. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. It was great getting a bus outside to wherever we wanted to go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you're looking for one of the quietest hotels on the WDW grounds - this is your best bet! It's a little bit more pricey (higher level range in hotels) - but it's beautiful! The main lodge if emmense - and the views to the Savannah are priceless!
Reserve a room with a savannah view - and you can wake up each day, have your coffee on the balcony - and watch the animals roam.
One our most recent stay - the Giraffes fed in front of our balcony and the zebras were constantly sunning just to the right. BEAUTIFUL!
Although Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the remote hotels on WDW property - it is a beautiful and quieter place. We also found that their staff is friendlier! There's also many activities in/out-side of the hotel that families can participate in.... including African tales by the fire-pit outside, to night-vision watching of the animals.

Room Tip: Reserve a savannah view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lansing, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

II have to admit I am a proud owner at Saratoga Spring. However, when we came back from our Disney cruise and stayed at AKL 1 bedroom, my jaw must have hit the floor. OMG! The room was so spacious; it had two bathroom and so much open space. The balcony was not only located in the living room but also in the bedroom. I was extremely impressed. We had arrived early because we used the Disney cruise line transportation bus and I knew there would be a slight chance that our villa would not be available.

We had exceptional guest service working with us and located a room for us quickly. Once we arrived at our room, none of our magic to the kingdom keys worked, therefore we called down to guest service and was told that our room wasn't ready and it would not be ready until 4pm. Very disappointment by the situation, we went ahead and enjoyed the pool area and watched a couple of football games they had playing at the pool. Around 4pm we went back to our room to only have the same problem again, our magic to the world key cards didn't work. After calling guest services, they came and let us in our room, I was baffled, "Do you mean to tell me that our room had been available all of this time and the only problem was that my key card was malfunctioned?"

I went to talk to the supervisor. After explaining my ordeal, I was satisfied with the supervisor her solution. She offered me a $200.00 voucher. WOW! Know I am totally impressed. So we had the opportunity to eat at Sanaa which was great because we were going to eat there anyway and I did not have to come out of my pocket.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family has stayed at Kidani Village 4 times over the past 2.5 years. It is a beautiful resort with a great pool, animal viewing opportunities (even if your room is not open to the savannah) and excellent staff. The restaurant Sanaa is outstanding and the rooms are gorgeous. Only drawback is the lack of a quick service restaurant for breakfast or a quick lunch. The sandwiches at the pool bar are great though for lunch. We sometimes visit and rarely go to the parks! My favorite resort at Disney and anywhere else for that matter.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the lobby so you don't have to hike a half mile to your room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Readfield, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here with friends in late February and we enjoyed it very much. We had a room that faced the "savannah" and were able to sit on the balcony watching the animals anytime we wanted. The suite style rooms with a huge bathroom off the bedroom and a second bathroom near the entry door were an added bonus. Our room was a very long distance from the check in desk and I thought we might have to be re-provisioned when our journey to our room seemed to enter it's second week, but it did provide good exercise.

The pool area was comfortable, but a bit crowded. The decor was top notch. The employees were very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that's interested in staying at Disney in significant luxury.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village? Share your experiences!