“A really nice and different disney experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Save Saved
You added Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village to your Saves list
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   3701 Osceola Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
New York City, New York
“A really nice and different disney experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I really didn't think I would like staying at the villas in animal kingdom but I was pleasantly surprised. It is very quiet and peaceful at Kidani Village and if you can afford it or have the Disney vacation club points I would suggest that you get the Savannah view because it is really nice. The place is very laid back and peaceful. Even the kids seemed to be mellower here. You can sit on your balcony and watch the animals. I know that doesn't sound very exciting for some but believe me it is very calm and serene. It isn't every day that you can drink your coffee and watch giraffes eating twigs. The animals are also very close to your balcony and you get great views. If you have kids they will love this place. There are alot of education activities going on for them. There is a very nice lounge right off of the lobby and they have employees who play the drums with anyone who wants to join in and they give lectures on african culture. There are many viewing areas off of the lobby also with places that give you facts about the animals. The rooms are really nice but a bit dark. You can walk over to Jambo House which seems to have more of the action and chaos going on because they have 3 restaurants over there. Kidani only has one restaurant with is Sanaa. I didn't eat there because I do not like African Indian cuisine. If you don't like that kind of food then I suggest that you stay some where else or go off property to eat. You can always use the kitchen in the villa to cook something. Animal Kingdom is kind of off the beaten path from all the other disney resorts and theme parks and some people don't like that. If you don't have a car it can be a problem. If you have a car, we found that there are many restaurants and stores which are very close to the resort. You have to go out the back way and get on the Osceola Parkway. The walk over the Jambo house really isn't that long. People make it sound like it is 10 miles. If you don't like to walk then request a room closer to the lobby. The parking is underneath your building so if you have a car then you are fine. I guess if you are relying on the disney buses it could be a long walk back to your room if you aren't near the bus stop. Both Kidani village and Jambo house are huge. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. I was impressed and would definitely go back. If you are lucky enough to own DVC and use points that is great. Or if you are lucky enough to have friends or family that let you use their timeshare then you are even luckier. If you are paying for these rooms they can be 600 a night. Do I think they are worth that? Probably not. But it is always more expensive to stay on disney property and be right in the middle of the action. The rooms are nice in kidani in the newer building built 2009. 2 full bathrooms, sleeps 5 and the master bathroom is huge with a nice shower and jacuzzi tub.

Room Tip: savannah room Rooms on the 5th floor have an airconditioning problem so if you are a light sleepe...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We recently stayed in a 2 bdrm. Savannah view villa at Kidani Village. We were there with a total of 8 family members to celebrate my daughters 1st birthday and loved everything about staying here! We never once felt cramped and loved having 3 bathrooms....made getting showers in the morning so easy! My son, who is 5, was constantly out on the balcony (which by the way is HUGE) checking out all the animals, it was always the first thing he did in the morning when he woke up :o) Before we left I called the resort and requested a room as close to the lobby as possible and on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The resort is quite large and you could be doing a lot of walking if you are too far away. Upon check-in we were given villa 7710 on the 3rd floor. It was perfect...one floor up on the elevator, and 4 rooms down the hallway. Nice short walk to the bus stop and pool, and of course the lobby was right there if we needed anything from the shop or to refill our Disney mugs!
People have complained about the rooms being too dark, but I never noticed that, lighting was just fine for me. The automatic fan that goes on every time you walk into the bathroom was a bit annoying though.
We loved having the convenience of the kitchen, we made breakfast every morning and saved so much money! Just go onling before your vacation, pick out your groceries and have them delivered to Kidani the day you arrive. Concierge keeps your items refrigerated until your room is ready and brings them up for you....so easy! I even ordered diapers, wipes and baby food so I didn't have to pack so much and add all that weight to my luggage.
The pool is a little bit smaller then some of the other Disney properties I have stayed at, but it never felt crowded and has a really fun watersllide that my son went down probably 50 times! The childrens play area is amazing, my 1 yr. old daughter cruised and splashed around in there and loved it.....there is water that sprouts from the ground and spray cannons, and buckets of water that fill and dump down on you.....a kids dream! My 5 yr old also loved this area.
I will say there were a lot of bugs there, especially by the bus stop......however.......there were a million bugs at the parks too, maybe just this time of year.
The bus system was great, never waited more then 10 minutes for a bus when going to the parks......another bonus.....the busses stop at Kidani first- so we never had a problem of full busses when they pick you up! They also drop you off first at night before Jambo house, which is nice when you are exhausted after a day at the park and just want to get back to your room! We were concerned about how far away Animal Kingdom lodge is from the parks....but I never felt the ride was terribly long. Magic Kingdom is the farthest away and even that didn't seem like it took as long as I thought it would to get there.
Overall, we are rating Kidani Village as our very favorite Disney vacation yet. This resort is truly amazing, the rooms are beautiful, the beds comfortable, the views amazing, not one negative thing to say!

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the lobby as possible, on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

We just enjoyed a week at kidani in a 2 bedroom 7666. While this resort does involve lots of walking it was wonderful. Staff was on point and lots to do at resort. My party included 5 adults and 2 hildren ages 1 and 3. Kids really got a kick out of the animals. Pool also left nothing to be desired. We had a rental car and had no problems getting to parka etc. Would recommend this resort I you don't mind a walk.

• Stayed September 2011
Newtown Square, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

First of all, I am true Disney lover, and have been a member of their Vacation Club for several years. My family and I recently stayed in a two-bedroom savannah view unit at Kidani Village. It was a special birthday and we wanted to stay someplace "special."

I was incredibly disappointed. The unit is dark, and the living/dining room area is cramped. To get to our room, we had a long (and I do mean long) walk from the elevator. It was easily 5 - 6 minutes. The pool at Kidani is small, crowded, and swarming with bugs.

On the plus side, the unit was clean and well-appointed.

Will I stay there again? In a word, no. I will go back to my favorite, Old Key West.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed here on DVC points. I start with that because that means I was not expecting housekeeping service and can't comment on that. But I will say this - the two times we needed assistance from Housekeeping during the week (for a missing bowl and baking dish) - they were pretty prompt in bringing them (within 10 minutes). The thing I love about this place - it's away from the parks - and it feels private and like it's own destination. The pool is great, and the animal viewing fantastic - IF you are around for it. The animals aren't around much from about 7-9:30 am because that's when they go to the barn. But you'll see them out and about between about 3-7 pm.

Check-in service was prompt and the concierge greeting checking in guests was very helpful in giving out info. Disney's computer systems made upgrading tickets at the concierge desk slow, but I don't think it was the person's fault as he seemed quite knowledgeable.

With the activities in the community hall, the pool, the animals, and night viewing of animals - and taking the time to talk to some of the cast members who are there to answer questions at the savannas - you can make a whole vacation out of coming there, you don't need to go to one of the Disney Parks!

It does only have one restaurant - Sanaa. I've had both lunch and dinner there and if you like Indian food - you'll be happy to eat here! They are running a trial of doing continental breakfast, but we did not check that out.

The lobby has a small gift shop and food choices. It's a decent selection of grocery items (for the size of the store) if you want to take something to your room.

We stayed in a one bedroom - and even with just the two of us - we enjoyed having the second bathroom! We could both be showering at the same time in the morning. We loved the furnishings in the room.

Only negatives - the bathroom fans have motion detectors on them and turn on every time you enter the room (true at most (all?) Disney resorts) and the room needed the option of a few more lights to turn on - it was a bit dark. Oh - and the lack of free Wi-Fi - that's just a standard that Disney needs to start to provide in today's world.

We loved the covered parking close to our room. It's an easy walk (or you can take the internal shuttle) over to Animal Kingdom Lodge if you want more food choices and a larger gift shop. You can use that pool, too, be we thought the one at Kidani was better pool area. Loved having the refill station for the refillable mugs right at the pool (in addition to the gift shop).

The best memories we had were talking to a couple staff members. One was walking the savanna close to the rooms one morning on trash duty. She would stop and answer questions from the guests on their balconies about the animals and she clearly loved her job. We also got a cast member talking about her experiences being away from home (she was from South Africa). She was friendly and happy to talk about the differences she experienced in everyday life between her life in South Africa vs. at Disney/being in the US. It's these types of experiences that can make staying here something special.

If you are just looking for a place to sleep between your trips to the parks - don't stay here. You won't have time to experience what the place is all about. If you need many food choices and instantaneous service from housekeeping - don't stay here. This is a great place to chill out and explore the options around you. Then it's awesome!

Room Tip: Get a savanna room if you plan to take the time to watch the animals. If you aren't going to be...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My family and I just got back from 1 week at the Kidani Village in a 1 bedroom suite. We have a 5,4 and 2 year old. Lots of reviews on here that are all on point, so I will just give a summary view and then you can look further for some Positives, Negatives and some of our recommendations. We were in room 7605 which is on the main lobby and is the first room on that level so it is close to the lobby. This place was nice, but I think next time I would stay at and recommend the Jambo House. All the food for kids is there and three dinning options for the adults as well. While it was great to see the animals everytime we came home or left the hotel, this wasn't "Disnified" enough for us. We actually own the cheesiness that is disney and found this lacking some of that, no little mickey ears in the decor in the room and little touches like that. This resort is also a hike from everything other than the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We enjoyed the pool (kids wanted to go everyday) and the room was actually nicer than we expected but I think we would probably stay next time either on the Monorail or try the Boardwalk since its walking distance to Epcot...

Positives - Spacious, nice sized table, plenty of sleeping room, nice enough kitchen, laundry in the room. Two full bathrooms, was great and a jacuzzi tub (which didn't get used). You can buy alchohol at the gift shop (but a 6 pack will cost you $15). Shuttle to the Jambo house was a 3 minute ride and we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for the shuttle (van). We liked the food at Boma so much we went twice for dinner and loved it both times. We also had a breakfast at Mara (quick service) which was adequate and frankly served the same breakfast you get at any restaurant in Disney from Cinderella's Castle to the Hollywood and Vine.

Negatives - No dinning options if you have kids. The pool area has a bar/snack bar but you can't use your meal plan (even deluxe) there. We had a snack there once and the pizza was just okay. We had a view of the checkin in are of the hotel outside our windows and the walkway to pool, so there was ZERO privacy if the curtains were open. The lighting in the room is dark and there isn't any overhead lighting in the bedroom (they should probably put one on the ceiling fan), so that makes the room very dark at all times.

Recommendations - We ordered groceries ahead of our arrival from the gardengrocer.com and they had them delivered in the room before we even checked in (highly recommend that vs wasting your precious vacation time at the grocery store). Having three young kids and 2 strollers we rented a car to be able to come and go at our leisure without having to wait for the bus, or worse deal with three tired kids and two strollers at the end of the fireworks when everyone is waiting in crazy lines to get back to their hotels.

Westborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is our third trip to disney in the past six years. We chose to stay at Kidani Village as we recently bought into the DVC (Disney Vacation Club) program and this is one of the villa resorts. We also booked later than we usually do (3 months out) so we had limited choices. We had a safari view which is a must if you are staying at this resort, in fact it is the only reason to stay here. I knew going in that Kidani was the further hotel from any Disney park, with the exception of Animal Kingdom, but I truly didn't realize how far it really was.

It took me over an hour to get checked into the resort, which was absolutely ridiculous. The front desk person could not figure out how to get our disney theme park tickets onto our "key to the world" moreover, she struggled with trying to get our dining reservations printed out. To her credit she did acknowledge that it took a ridiculous amount of time and gave us a $100 credit.

We were able to get into our room one hour early at 3PM which was nice and we have never had that happen at another Disney resort before. The problem, was that we stayed in room 7364. It was the very last room in the west wing. When I say last room, I mean the walk from the lobby was over 500 steps (yes I counted) to get to the pool we had to walk from one end of the hotel to the other. It took about 20 minutes which is an extremely long time when you have 4 little ones with you. Moreover, there is no quick serve restaurant in Kidani Village, you have to go over to Jamba House to eat a quick meal. There is only one restaurant at Kidani. Also both the restaurant at Kidani and the room service menu are African themed, so all the meals are African and Indian themed. There were very limited choices if those exotic flavors are not your thing.

The pool was lovely and had a small water splash park for the little ones, but the pool was very very busy, it just wasn't big enough to accommodate the amount of guests at Kidani. The bartender also told me that Kidani has had a problem with locals using the pool as there is no key required to get into the pool, which is required for entry to the other pools at Disney.

We had a lot of difficulty with the service at Kidani. We ordered groceries ahead of time from Green Grocer and they were waiting for us when we arrived. It took the bell stand three trips up to our room to get all of our groceries, they kept missing bags.

Moreover, we had three packages delivered when we were there and it took 48 hours form the time the package arrived at the hotel to have it delivered to our room and one time it went to another guest's room and she delivered it to us.

The halls are so long and vast there were often food trays from room service lining the hallways that sat for several days without getting picked up. There were also bags of trash from other guests overflowing the wast baskets by the elevators that didn't get picked up for hours on end. The reason I am sure is that the trash rooms were sooooo far away from the guest rooms no one wanted to walk that far.

The hotel is well designed and the rooms are fantastic the details are amazing in the artwork and the theming. It is just horribly laid out.

The Jamba house, has a much nicer layout and many more options for dining including a great quick serve restaurant right by the pool.

Worth doing once, wakling up to Giraffes is awfully nice, but you dont' spend a lot of time in your room, so you truly don't enjoy it that much. Worth doing once, but I would not chose to stay here a second time.

Room Tip: You want to be close to the lobby!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village? Share your experiences!