“The best water park in Florida” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-560-9283
Ranked #13 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Disney, Amusement Parks
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: "Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the whole family—like a kid-sized, snow-castle fountain play area with scaled-down versions of the more thrilling attractions.It's easy to be cool while having fun in the sun at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park! While the park looks like a frosty ski resort—complete with a functioning Chair Lift, it's actually an action-packed water wonderland with exciting waterslides and attractions for the whole family.
brownstown, pa
8 attraction reviews
“The best water park in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our second time at Blizzard Beach. There is fun for all ages. They even have private cabana areas to rent. Our boys love the big slides. Our youngest enjoyed the zip line into the water. We got thunderstormed out after 1 1/2 hours of fun.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Brilliant day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was quite doubtful when a friend told me that a day at the water park would be restful, but it turned out to be true! We arrived around 9.30 am, later than we had planned, and decided to pay $50 for an umbrella & loungers. I know this sounds expensive , but it actually made or day. The reserved area is in a quiet, sandy spot, away from the crowds, so it was most worthwhile. Along with loungers and umbrella, we were given towels and a locker. Despite the Christmas music that is played all day, we all had a fantastic day here, not leaving the park until it was just about to close. Queues were long for Summit Plummet all day so would recommend going there first thing. We didn't go on because couldn't be bothered to wait over an hour. Plenty of other rides though. Toilets were clean and food was fine. Well worth a visit if you're looking to chill out a bit.

Deer Park, TX
4 attraction reviews
“Loved this waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am so glad we made it to blizzard beach, the theme of the water park was so cute it was a snow storm in Florida. We were able to get lockers for $13 and you get $5 back when you return the key or a beautiful souvenir mug. I wish I would have read a little more into this because I saw several families with full ice chest with food and drinks coming into the park. They have a great deal for fountain drinks you can buy a drink mug for $10 bucks and you get free refills all day. They have several covered areas with beach chairs you can set up at for free. We ate at their big restaurant and had their bacon burgers with Fries that were delish my daughter had the kids hot dog that came in a cute sand pail that she was able to use in the sand areas they had after she was done eating. They have a bar area that sells adult drinks that has amazing margaritas. If you are going to spend cash I suggest you get a gift card you can purchase at their shop right when you walk in that you can put on your wrist and charge everything on so you do not have to carry your cash or credit cards on you after you lock them up. The lines for the slides weren't very bad but we went on a day where we were called out of the water twice for storms and several people left but had from about 2 in the after noon the park was half empty and the rest of the afternoon was pretty nice. I advice you to take the ski lift to get to the slides cause the walk back up can be pretty tiring. We If you like to take a shower before you head home they have the shower area, changing and restroom areas that are all very clean my daughter and I pretty much took a full shower because we took shampoo, soap, and conditioner and had no problem at all and just moved to the changing area when we were done. Overall the most fun I have ever had at any water park and I was glad that my 8 year could ride almost everything even though she is the size of a 5 year old.

Macomb, Michigan
47 attraction reviews
“Winter Wonderland ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Blizzard Beach is based on the idea that there was a huge snow storm in the middle of Florida, and this eccentric Gator decides to build a ski resort. Well, of course, all the snow melts, and you're left with Blizzard Beach!

They really do a good job of making you feel like you're in the middle of a melting ski lodge. They have a lot of attractions for all ages.

One thing that is really unique about Blizzard Beach, is that instead of stairs, to get to the top of the mountain that several slides begin at, you take a real chairlift, which is pretty cool.
After you get off your chairlift, you can get in line for one of Disney's tallest, fastest thrills. Mount Gushmore. A nearly vertical plunge straight down on your back. That's a bit too scary for me, however, I prefer their Lazy River, which is huge, and perfect for a relaxing float around the park.

Anyways, I would recommend going to at least one of the water parks at Disney. I've never been to Typhoon Lagoon (the other water park) but I can vouch for Blizzard Beach in saying it's a great time.

Visited December 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Same as typhoon lagoon only there is more to do. The slides are bigger and therefore wiaitng times are longer. Again difficult to get sunbeds.