“Not just gators” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gatorland

Gatorland
14501 South Orange Blossom Trail, U.S. 441, Orlando, FL 32837 (Hunters Creek)
407-855-5496
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland features 3,000 gators and 89 crocodiles, as well as a number of bird and snake exhibits.
Beverley, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Not just gators”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

There are lots of opportunities to observe Alligators at close quarters, including from zip wires. The "wrestling" and "jumping" make for great entertainment. We were just as impressed with the bird life at this park. There are lots of herons and other birds here. We visited in July and were fortunate to see birds sitting on nests and chicks which had just been born, giving us the chance to take some stunning photos. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2013

“10 yr old daughter loved gatorland....i did too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place. As a Florida resident the 2 of us got in gatorland for $24, incl the $8 to have a pic taken sitting on a real gator. Feeding the gators was fun...the water park was bigger than I imagined. The jumparoo was a fun show(alligators jump up bout 4-5ft out of the water for food). The chance to sit on a real gator with the trainer right there was a once in a lifetime joy for my 10 yr old daughter. Gatorland is a MUST SEE if here in Orlando. Staff is exceptional.

South Park Township, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

There was a lot more to do here than I thought. Live shows, many exhibits. It was great! My kids had a wonderful time as did my husband and I!

Kirkland, Washington
12 attraction reviews
“Heat, Gators, Rules and Bring your swimsuit!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After returning from our week long trip to Florida where we visited Islands of Adventure (Harry Potter), extended family, Cocoa Beach, St Pete beach and saw dolphins the first thing my 5 year old daughter tells everyone about is Gatorland and her favorite souvenir is the plastic green snake she picked out there(less than $3)! This is definitely a hit with kids, even girls! Our visit was very hot in July. They do not have any air conditioned spaces except maybe the gift shop you go through as you exit. Even the restaurants are not air conditioned. The front half of the park seemed ok because there was a breeze, fans and alot of shade but as you got further in the shading didn't work as well to minimize the heat. This is a 75 - 120 minute stop in my opinion and I would not plan to eat here unless you like fast food type food and heat. Bring a swimsuit a highlight for my daughter was the water play area, it was great. She got soaked, we used the people dryer but she was still soaked so she got a new dress from their store :). seeing the alligators is really cool but the one show we started to watch just seemed to drag out so we only watched part of it because of the heat. The show wasn't bad its just hot so it needs to be really good to stay the whole time. I did think the price was high, I think we paid about 90 for three adults and one child and it just seemed a little high for what we got. Also, there are signs everywhere telling you what not to do, I guess that’s important around gators and uncaged birds but it seemed a little much. My favorite part was the big birds, they were beautiful and really seemed to respond when you spoke to them and my daughter is convinced one of them said hello back to me but I'm not so sure about that. Knowing what I know now I would definitely still go I would just expect be hot and also bring swimsuits or pick a day that is not as hot as other days. I also probably won't go every time I go to Orlando but once every few years. I would not go if I didn't have children perhaps because I grew up in Florida around gators and they aren't a big deal to me. Not so sure how other adults would see it. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't be as put off about the lack of A/C anywhere. Also, this place could get really expensive if your children want photos with the gatoers or extras on top of the admission cost and ice cream/cold drinks.

Northampton, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Worth WIld”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I did not know what to expect when my son wanted to go to Gatorland. To my surprise, I had a great time there. I would go back there. Don't forget to check out the white alligators.