“Not a place to learn to eat crabs” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
London
“Not a place to learn to eat crabs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Liked the idea of a crabshack. But the big ganglly legged spider crabs are kindof difficult to eat. Like trying to get toothpaste from a thin narrow tube. Much better were the pre-prepard dishes like depfried coconut crusted shrimps. They. were the thing! Service was ok but nothing special. Waiter ok but spoke real fast where this was wrong for first time crabhouse visitors who needed better advice. Also they failed at first to bring the crab-crushing tools needed to get into the beast. Overall, I will stick with Cromer crabs :)

Visited August 2012

Mount Kisco
“Great setting and excellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The setting was fun, set like a river boat, but stationary. We sat in the bar area at a high table. Drinks were quick and just as ordered, along with a great beer and wine selection. The high point was the selection of crabs and lobster. We had a special that included 2 nice lobsters and a sample of two kinds of crab legs. Our waiter described them well, offered advice on cracking the legs and serving the lobster, and the plate was very impressive. I love seafood and enjoyed every bit.

The service was a little distracted, which is why the four stars instead of five. Waiter disappeared for 15 minutes at a time, at especially inconvenient moments: about to order second drink, about to order dessert, in desperate need of a wet wipe! I hate when that happens, especially when I'm dropping $130 for a dinner (I also dislike complaining about the money, but this was just so glaring in a nice place).

Visited June 2012
Blacklick, Ohio
“Used to be Our Favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We have been coming to the Crab House on every vacation to Orlando since 1995. Unfortunately this visit was not great. The place was dead and every time previously it has been packed. Our server was polite and our food was alright but nothing extraordinary. No sides were included with our entrees and we had to pay extra for our salads which was disappointing. Honestly, I have had better meals at Red Lobster, at least when dining there I know I may not get the freshest seafood. Also, one of the members of our party went to the restroom during dinner and said it was so disgusting she gagged and had to step back out and wait until we left. Based on this information I opted to not go wash my crab covered hands after dinner and asked for a wet-nap instead.... they were out :/

I have to say I can no longer recommend this restaurant with so many other options so close by and I will likely not return. However, I suspect it will be out of business before our next trip to Orlando.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food was oily and not so fresh, also the foods don't match it's price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

the food use lots of oil to cook it. if u don't order the high price food, you will get some fried seafood, you never know it's fresh or not because of the oil.
also, they set a high price but when u see your dish, you will probably think u pay this much and get this less?!

coupon:u can get a free appetizer per table, it's good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, United Kingdom
“bucket of crab legs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

very much enjoyed my bucket of crab legs could still taste them now

Visited May 2012