“Big City Diner.. Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Clermont, Florida
“Big City Diner.. Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

When your in the city and you are looking for a place to get a great bite to eat in the morning or just read the paper over coffee, this is the spot! Perfect little place for a morning business meeting and the food is really great diner food served fast and fresh!

Visited November 2011

Winter Haven, Florida
“Uneven service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Met our daughter and granddaughter for breakfast on a mid-Saturday morning. Seated right away and the server was ready to take our drink order. My husband ordered the largest size latte, It took at least 15 minutes to be served. We had ordered our meal before it arrived. Two meals came first, waited a few minutes, then mine, part of my daughter's. It took another 5-7 minutes for the rest of hers to arrive. Food was excellent! Our granddaughter LOVED the French toast! It wasn't crowded, so no reason for the meals not to arrive at the same time. We were not offered Mimosas, but all other tables were. The ham on the Bene-Ham was acceptable, but definitely deli-ham. My husband's apple cinnamon pancake was very good. The latte was HUGE, but definitely should not have taken 15 minutes to prepare. Food on the expensive side. You probably have to use a parking garage. Very little street parking in the area.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“Nice to be away from the crowds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I hate large hotels and theme park restaurants. So I drove extra to get to this one. Let me start by saying that the food was so-so. But the waitress more than made up for it. The over all bill for breakfast came to about $12 so that was better than most of Orlando. I did enjoy the fact that they changed the screens to be playing (without sound) travel videos...that was great since I travel a lot and got to day dream.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Do you like The Breakfast Club? Molly Ringwald?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

They played "The Breakfast Club" on the TVs on the wall while I was there. I hadn't seen it in a while so it was a fun novelty. They didn't have champagne so we couldn't have mimosas when we went! We are downtown surrounded by bars and there is a Publix within walking distance! Keep your restaurant stocked people! We want mimosas with breakfast!!

Visited November 2011
Orlando, Florida
“40 minute meals with Lisa!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was one of the worst experiences Ive ever had in an orlando restaurant. Ive been to this place once before when it was a hole in the wall and the food was amazing taking a matter of minutes. I returned the end of February to find that they renovated making the inside look top notch. Unfortunately the renovation was for the worst. We were sat in a booth closer toward the kitchen in a near empty restaurant; quiet morning. I could hear nothing but chatter coming from the kitchen. The manager, Lisa, is running around the kitchen aimlessly talking about, and I quote, "He walked around like he had a bar stool permantly stuck up his a*s." The waitress in the kitchen thought this was funny. Great talk when there was an infant with a family sitting even closer to the kitchen. Then the waitress exclaimed how happy she was because she was, 'four months sober." This is not the type of conversation I want to hear when I am paying 30 dollars for two to eat breakfast. Never mind we had to wait just over 40 minutes for our food which we had to take to-go because we had an engagement to be at. Why does it take 40 minutes to make a waffle, an omlette, and a sandwich with an empty restaurant. Something in this place is wrong. The server didnt even pour the coffee. I called the manager, Lisa, upon leaving who was more than rude to me on the phone. She threatened that, "You had better keep your receipt." She would not give me the number for the general manager. This is the greatest example of poor customer service. Never ever will return. Get a better experience at waffle house; quick food, better service. This review is written by a hospitality professional who works at a luxury hotel not far from the breakfast club.

• Visited February 2012