“A must do when in Orlando. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Richard Petty Driving Experience

Richard Petty Driving Experience
6022 Victory Lane, Orlando, FL 28075 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407 939 0130
Ranked #17 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Race Car Tracks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Owner description: Drive or ride shotgun in a NASCAR race car at Walt Disney World Speedway!Take command of the wheel and experience real speed first-hand by driving a NASCAR race car around the mile-long, tri-oval racetrack! You're in for the thrill of a lifetime as you test your driving skills during one of our 8, 18 or 30 lap programs.Looking to enjoy the ride from the passenger's seat? Experience real life racing excitement as you ride shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR race car driven by one of our professional driving instructors during your 3-lap qualifying run. You'll quickly learn what it takes to compete in NASCAR as you reach speeds up to 140 MPH.
“A must do when in Orlando. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

What an awesome experience. Where else can you go and drive a $300,000 exotic car like a Ferrari 100 miles per hour? The staff were great and well informed. It's amazing to think this type of experience is in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. They built an actual NASCAR race track at Disney a short walk from the entrance to Magic Kingdom. A must do for all car guys.

Cincinnati, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
“deadly boring if you aren't a driver”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I guess that this review is from a different perspective than most. I went with a friend who was into cars. He had a great time; me, not so much. It was poorly marked. The place had zero Disney charm. There was nothing to do for people who wait for the driver. The staff was not very well informed nor very helpful. It was like waiting for your car to be serviced at the dealership. If you aren't the one driving and you aren't that into cars, then I would recommend that you find a way to escape this place and come back later to pick up the driver. If your partner doesn't understand this, than take him on an all day shoe shopping trip before you go to Disney World for this Driving Experience!

Visited June 2013
PettyMarketing, Manager at Richard Petty Driving Experience, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We would agree, watching others drive our 600 horsepower NASCAR race cars is definitely not as fun as driving one yourself. We always welcome spectators, friends and family at Walt Disney World Speedway, it’s free to drive through the infield tunnel to listen and watch the cars on-track from our viewing area on pit road. We strive to make it a family friendly destination. We’re sorry you did not enjoy your time spent at Walt Disney World Speedway.

Take care,
Petty Holdings Management Team
Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Nascar Driving Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This a once in a lifetime experience. Driving a real 600 horsepower racing car. The staff and drivers are friendly and they look after you really well. My instructor David was a credit to the company , coaching me to drive faster but safely. My grandson had what they call a drive along, where he was driven around the track by a professional NASCAR driver and he loved it and had a plaque and a video of his ride, as did I.

Visited September 2013
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
81 attraction reviews
“$105 for 90 seconds, what a bargain?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Visited with my daughters boyfriend for a three lap ride around, all the kit was supplied ( no flip flops allowed) once kitted up we climbed aboard and the next two minutes was the most exillerating of my life, having driven Silverstone and Brands Hatch neither compare to the buzz of NASCAR and the high banking high speed corners, thank you to Shawn who drove me and we'll done to the company for the extremely customer friendly prices of the photo plaques.

Visited September 2013
KENT
21 attraction reviews
“A must for any petrol head,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

What can i say if you like driving cars then you have to do this,
My wife purchased a package for me for my birthday and what a present it was,
you start off with the class room bits health and safety etc, then out to the track whilst they were talking us through the cars they took my children on a lap in a mini bus which was cool,
Then its time to drive yuour insructor in the car in front and you build up speed lap by lap as,
The noise is great from that big v8 in front of you,
You also get the chance to purchase extra laps which i did a really enjoyable afternoon,

Visited November 2012