“All the magic, but feels outdated” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A popular theme park featuring sea creatures, water playgrounds and animal performances.
Sharon
“All the magic, but feels outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

I went to SeaWorld with friends, as we are all from PA/OH and used to love visiting SeaWorld in Aurora, OH. It still has that "magical" feel that SeaWorld has always had. However, it feels as though some areas could use an overhaul. For how pricey it is, they should be able to do some updates/renovations.
I'm sure that I will be back, but it's hard to compare to Disney and Universal.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
“Christmas at SeaWorld - ho ho ho!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

I love SeaWorld! This trip we went there twice as we did the Dine with Shamu (well worth the money - see my review) on the tuesday and then went back for the first day of the Christmas Celebrations on the saturday. The weather could not have been different on the 2 days as the first day was wet and very very cold and then on the saturday it was t-shirt weather which was weird seeing as everything was themed towards snow and Christmas. We had done the Polar Express ride 2 years ago and of course we had to do it again (great fun) and as usual we went to see the Shamu show (which of course should really be renamed the Tilikum show) several times and loved it just as much as ever. And of course, any visit to SeaWorld you have to see the fantastic Pets Ahoy show. Even though I have been lucky enough to see it numerous times over the past 14 years I still love it and marvel at what these amazing animals can do. The new penguin experience was good but I felt it had been a little over-hyped, but Santa was happy to see us afterwards so who's complaining. Anytime of the year I love SeaWorld and it's one of those places that you just keep on wanting to visit.

Visited November 2014
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Great dolphin show but avoid Antarctica”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

Lovely day at Seaworld. Excellent rides friendly staff great to see and touch the stingrays. Underwater and dolphin show absolutely top quality and unmissable. Then there was Antarctica. Avoid avoid avoid. Queue initially was 30 mins one hour and ten minutes later we got out. How disappointing. Actually inside the ride for only a few minutes and just not worth the wait. The other issue I have with all the parks are the extra charges for parking food and drink. You are not allowed to bring in food or drink and your bag is searched. Why ? Because they want to rip you off with poor quality high priced crap food and also drink. Great experience but underlying rip offs. What a shame especially for a family of ten

Visited December 2014
“Standard dropping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

5th or 6th visit and honestly park needs an overhaul very disappointed not enough attractions parking charges for a vehicle daylight robbery far too expensive considering what a family pay for admission

Aylesford, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
“CHRISTMAS MAGIC AT SEAWORLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

OK, so we've been to see the whale and dolphin shows at SW over the last few years so not much new there but their Christmas 14 festivities were excellent I thought. The Christmas skating show, the fireworks and lights so magical. If you're in the area around Christmas (rather than 4,000 miles away again as I am now) it's well worth it I reckon.

Visited December 2014