“Great food ! Fun staff !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #323 of 3,053 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: European, Greek, Mediterranean, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake and International Dr.
Transit: I-Trolly stop #24
“Great food ! Fun staff !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The food here was phenomenal ! I had the surf and turf and my steak was a perfect medium. The drinks were great and the best part is this was a business trip so I didn't have to pay:)

75% Recommend
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Another Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

On Friday 11/8 we had another great visit and meal, that is once I got my wife off the table where she was shakin' it with the belly dancer. We get to Orlando 2-3 times a year and visit Taverna Opa each time. The service and food is always perfect.

Visited November 2013
Rehovot
“Absolutely great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you like a place where you can really let go, this is the place.
A Greek restaurant / pub wher you can really let your hair down. You cant throw plates but instead you can throw the napkins in the air....the floor was covered in them.
People were drinking and eating and drinking. Dancing to the fabulous Greek music was infectious.

Patrons, young and old were either dancing next to the tables or on them !!!!!

Wonderful experience - so unexpected !

Food was also good ! Staff were great ! (but who cares - it was a great evening !!!)

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Great fun! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a brilliant meal here. We were glad to have a break from all the usual American food and this place was perfect!
There are hundreds of napkins over the floor, good music, a belly dancer and great attentive staff. I felt like we were in Greece for an evening. The starters were fresh and delicious! I loved the tstazki. The children all enjoyed their meals. We wished we could have come back again but the holiday just flew by, but we will definitely come back when we visit Orlando again.

Peoria, Illinois
“Interesting Dinner and Maybe More????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I attended a large convention in Orlando this week and had dinner with friends and colleagues on Sunday night. A very close friend in Orlando told me that her favorite Greek restaurant in Orlando is Taverna Opa. We love Greek food and whenever possible go to Greektown in Chicago. So we decided to go to Taverna Opa on Sunday night. As the American Academy of Pediatrics convention was in Orlando, most of the good restaurants were pretty crowded. We were able to get reservations at Taverna Opa at 7 PM. When we arrived, there was a belly dancer starting her performance. There was then a loud "OPA" and napkins went flying all over the restaurant! Made you feel like you were in Athens on a Sunday evening. We took a table outside so we could talk. Inside was a little loud. We had a very attentive waiter who brough us our menus quickly. He told us about the specials and asked if we wanted to order drinks. My friends are very much into red wines and when they asked for a recommendation, the waiter, who was very knowledgable about the wine list, immediately recommended the most expensive wine they had. This somewhat turned off my friend who knows the most about wines. We then ordered appetizers. My wife and I love the Parthenon in Chicago, and one of our favorite appetizers is the Saganaki, the Greek cheese flamed in ouzo. I told my dinnermates how much we liked it, and we ordered it. It was OK, but definitely not the same as in Chicago. In Chicago the cheese gets soft and easily spread on bread. At Taverna Opa it stayed firm. Not the same. I also had to ask for pita since none was served with the saganaki. I ordered falafel. We got 4 falafel with a little tzatiki. The falafel were over cooked. Fair at best. My friend order the octopus appetizer, which he said he enjoyed. Two of us wanted a Greek salad, which the waiter said was a "large dinner salad." So we ordered one to share. When the salad came out, we immediately ordered a 2nd, because it was not large enough to share. The feta was very good. We also ordered Dolames, which were good, but not outstanding. This is all I ordered (more tapas than a large meal) but my firends ordered a paella. They both enjoyed the paella a lot, but both of them were "not feeling great" the next morning. Both said that their stomachs were a little upset and one friend said she did not sleep well. The ONLY things that were all did not share was I did not eat the octopus or the paella, and I felt fine on Monday. Taverna Opa was OK Greek food. It is a chain restaurant, like most I have seen in Orlando, and definitely does not rank as highly as the true Greek resaturants we frequent in Greektown in Chicago.

• Visited October 2013