“Fun place, but way too loud for a business dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Opa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 3,123 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: European, Greek, Mediterranean, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake and International Dr.
Transit: I-Trolly stop #24
Wayzata, Minnesota
“Fun place, but way too loud for a business dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you like smashed dinner plates and torn napkins thrown into the air, then this place is for you. However it was way to loud to have any kind of conversation over dinner. We had to take out group and leave before ordering because no one could talk! Looked like a gun place for a party however!

Visited June 2013

Northern California
“Our best meal in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are tired of the breaded and fried food along International Drive, I recommend Taverna Opa. Everything had was fresh and delicious. The grilled octopus appetizer was especially good, and I can honestly say is was the only real food that we ate in Orlando. If you are not into ethnic food, I guarantee you will be able to find something you like on the menu and maybe discover that you like Greek food.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very annoying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my first negative review ever and is based on the set up only.

We booked a table for four adults and two kids for 7:30pm and on arrival were told that reservations don't get you in on or near time ? You just get added to the waiting list ? Told one hour wait. With kids waiting till 8:30 is not what we had planned. They suggested waiting at the bar ? That's really practical with small kids. The place was busy. Extremely loud and had women dressed up as belly dancers dancing on the tables. Greece is renowned for belly dancing ? Been going to Greece for years and never seen that once. I know my opinion was soured by the booking policy but when I say it was loud I mean deafeningly so.

Regardless of the booking policy I would definitely not recommend unless you are an adult only group.

We left and went to bahama breeze. Much better for a family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
orlando florida
“LOUD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you're a tourist and/or don't want to chat with people you are with, you may enjoy this place. The food was good, service very good. But for us, it was WAY TOO LOUD. At 7pm the belly dancer comes out. She danced the entire time we were there. She was entertaining. You are also entertained by the guests having a good time dancing with her, dancing on tables and chugging down ouzo. Before you go, take the reviews that say the place is loud literally. The place is deafening!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“First Greek Food Experience was Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband's and I's first try at Greek Food was excellent. We had complimentary hummus that had garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and chick peas from what I rememembered and pieces of pita to go with it. It was so delicious and satisfying that it could've been a meal in itself. Our appetizer was the wonderful Saganaki which was a flaming Vlachotiri cheese at your table with brandy, this paired with the hummus and pita was delicious. Our main entree was the huge Steak Souvlaki Platter served open faced on a pita bread with veggies and Opa fries. It was a definitely huge portion, I was barely able to eat half. The service was great and the staff were more than happy to let you know their popular dishes and specials. Great atmosphere located on the top open floor of the Pointe Orlando.

• Visited July 2012