“Maybe went the wrong day??” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Guisborough, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
“Maybe went the wrong day??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Mixed reviews again ... readers must be confused. Gave the park a go as had the Discovery Cove ticket that threw in all their parks. Me and my teenage son also did the two Disney water parks ... for me Aquatica came third. In fairness we did visit late Aug on a Saturday and the number one rule is avoid the waterparks at weekends but it was the only way to fit it in to our itinerary. We arrived early morning and left around 1.30pm for a game at Jacksonville ... just as well as a storm was approaching which would close the park anyway.

Queues, queues and more queues. This is Orlando you should be used to it but this park is one step further. No matter how good the ride the queue kills it. The tube going through the dolphin tank is a dreadful gimic, fast and ok, but you will only see the dolphins through the viewing window NOT on the ride. Everyone seems to love Roa's Rapids but probably because it is the only ride with no queue ... strong currents so beware if you are a bit frail.

Taumata Racer is an 8 lane racing ride where if you have a mild mannered life guard they only seem to fill 4 or 5 at a time ... dreadful organisation. Both the wave pools seemed a bit tame to me ... certainly nothing special after tsunami at Typhoon Lagoon. For me the rides worth the balance of wait versus thrill were to the left as you enter the park ... Walhalla Wave, HooRoo Run and Omaka Rocka where you ride single or family tubes ... went on these over and over again. The family raft rides (4 person), while we did both, I don't think the almost hour wait for each was worth it.

Easy to get the locker going in ... disorganised with the refund ... they need a separate queue for "key return only". It is not difficult ... take one key ... hand out $5 ... they make it look hard. Maybe I would get a different experience on a week day but don't think I would bother to find out.

Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Ashatica”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Came here today and although it was free, I still feel ripped off. I can't believe that the same people who gave us sea world and discovery cove made this water park. It's like the usual management guys let some work experience kids take over when they built it. The rides are lame and poorly laid out. The best slides were shut, the lazy river is short and the wave pool is small and un exciting. Compared to typhoon lagoon or discovery cove, the design lacks character or imagination. I won't be returning.

Island of Malta, Malta
“"Really great fun"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Aquatica is such a great water park. Before visiting I was under the impression that Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon were superior parks. Not the case at all. We loved all three parks and would rank Aquatica between 1st & 2nd. Aquatica and Blizzard were our favorite 2 of the 3 parks. They both have a substantial amount of trill within their slides. We have 3 kids aged 5,10and 12 years old and all of us really enjoyed it. There were plenty of slides for my 5 year old son, i guess all with the exception of 2 actually. I was also pleasantly surprised with the trill in some of the rides and also in the number of attractions to choose from. Maybe Disney's parks have a slightly better overall environment hence I would say at Aquatica there is a little more to do. The Roa Rapids is great don't miss it.

Make sure you arrive early possibly at 10 am. Find a nice spot by the main pool and keep one or two sun beds. You can then rent a locker to store your valuables. After you are all set to roam around the park.

Tip ..... take a water proof camera with you it will come in handy for most of the parks you visit in Orlando.

Saint Amant, Louisiana, United States
“Great waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A beautiful, clean, and fun waterpark. I love the roa's rapids!! Great slides. Lovely landscaping. We only planned to attend one day and ended up going twice during our orlando vacation. Admission was included with our discovery cove package.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Nicely themed park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited Aquatica several times during our stay as we had the ticket inclusive of our discovery cove package.

I would seriously recommend avoiding this park at weekends - the lines for the rides are very long, I think the locals use it for some time out. In the week however ques were minimal with hardly no wait.

If you are going to visit seaworld or Busch gardens during your stay I highly recommend buying the refillable mug - it was 8.99 with 99cent refills for all parks so works out very cost effective.

The rides are all very well done, I recommend the faster rapids but wear a life jacket as it's much more fun!

There is quite a few building works going on at the moment but I'm sure the new attraction will be worth the short inconvenience.

The dolphin training sessions are worth a watch as they come close to the edge for some great photo opportunities.