“Wonderful Japanese experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tokyo Dining

Tokyo Dining
EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-939-3463
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Dover, Delaware
“Wonderful Japanese experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Three members of our group love sushi, so we wanted to eat somewhere that had great sushi. Tokyo dining was referred to us so we decided to give it a try. We had a small problem because we went on test track and was making our way to the restaurant. That is when we realized we had left the stroller with our belongings at the entrance of Test Track. So my boyfriend and son went back while me and my daughter went ahead to make our reservation. Three more people were going to be eating with us and were just entering Epcot. The first thing I noticed was the huge flight of stairs we had to climb. When we go to the top, there was a lobby where one would check in. This lobby was for two restaurants, Tokyo Dining and Teppan Epo. It was really crowded in there. When I checked in I was advised that we could not check in until our whole party was there. Well the three showed up and so we were only missing two so we were able to check in. we were shown to a table with a wonderful view of the lake.
Our server was attentive and started out with giving us hot towels to wash our hands. Then we ordered drinks and food. I had the Panko Chicken with Miso Soup, Sumomono, Noodle Salad, and Sukiyaki Beef Rice. The soup was to be sipped as in the traditional Japanese way. The noodle salad was delicious as was the beef rice and chicken. The Sumomono was an acquired taste. My boyfriend ordered the Grilled Steak Combination with Tempura Shrimp with Seasonal Vegetable, and Sukiyaki Beef Rice. He said the steak was cooked well and the rice was great. However since he let his son eat some of his shrimp (son was really hungry) he said he didn't get enough to eat. The older kids loved the sushi and the younger kids loved the airplane shaped kids plate. Dessert was good, I had the chocolate ginger cake. The best thing though was when the fireworks started we could see it all. We had a great view. It was spectacular. I would recommend this restaurant if you are in Epcot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stopped in for lunch at Tokyo Dining. There are two restaurants to choose from that occupy different sections of the same building. Tokyo Dining serves traditional Japanese dishes, while the other (Teppan Edo) provides an experience where the chef cooks at your table. The hostess at the bottom of the stairs outside provided me a card for the specific restaurant. Inside the restaurant someone escorted me to the Tokyo Dining Room area and to my table. The waitress came by quickly to take my drink order.

There was a main menu as well as one with the lunch specials. You also had a menu of sake, a traditional Japanese liquor, but they were expensive. I chose the Chirashi Zushi lunch special which came with miso soup and ice cream (all specials come with miso soup and ice cream). The dish was a selection of sushi over a bed of rice. It included tuna, crab, egg and seaweed. The waitress provided an option to have the miso soup as an appetizer or part of the main meal. She mentioned that the Japanese traditionally sip the soup from the bowl, but still provided a spoon if I wanted it. The main course came out pretty quickly even with the large number of customers.

Both the food and the serve were excellent. The waitress was cheerful, helpful and respectful throughout the entire meal. The décor was simple, but elegant and added to the overall experience. You felt like you were in Japan and not battling the crowd at EPCOT. If you are at EPCOT and looking for a place to eat for lunch or dinner, I would highly recommend Tokyo Dining.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Highly Recommended for Tempura Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We attended the Epcot Wine and Food Festival in October 2013, and sat in on a cooking demonstration from the chef at Tokyo dining. We were intrigued enough to seek out the restaurant when we returned this May, and were not disappointed.

In particular, the panko battered shrimp was the best tempura style dish we have eaten in the US or Japan. That dish alone is worth a trip to the restaurant. There is a good assortment of other Japanese entrees, but I can't imagine passing on the shrimp.

Decent selection of sake, served properly (cold).

Visited May 2014
pasadena
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is the fourth time that we have eaten at Tokyo Dining. We made reservations for lunch at 12 noon. We arrived a few minutes early and they were not yet seating guests. At 12 o'clock the entire staff gathered around the sushi bar and put on a three minute welcoming presentation that was very nice.

I was aware of the fact that the sushi here is very good and always fresh. We decided to try the fried calamari appetizer. It was excellent. Actually it was beyond my expectations. Also tried the Chirashi, which is unusual for us. It contained an excellent assortment of fish, not the usual 3 or 4 different types. This is also the only sushi restaurant where all of the sushi chefs are female. They do a fantastic job.

The prices are not cheap but not any more expensive that a good sushi restaurant. The service is also top notch. This place never disappoints!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Food was not as good as it used to be. Service was good and staff very kind and gracious. Tempura batter was nice and light, but sushi was not as good.

Visited June 2014