“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Orange Park
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family traveled to this hotel in Feb/March to visit another relative. Then we were back in May for the funeral of that same relative and the staff was so caring and if not for them, it would have been bad. They made me feel at ease and I am grateful to them for their help. Wendell, April, and Kate are a huge asset to this hotel. They genuinely care about the guests and they show it. The rooms were very clean and fresh smelling. I had other family staying there as well and they were very happy that they chose to stay in this hotel. I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Jacksonville, Fl.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great...I stayed close to the front side and it was fine. Other family member...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This Fairfield Inn is completely typical of most other Fairfield's with one SHINING standout: the staff. Manager April and Front Desk staffer Kate are absolutely stars. They provided incredibly caring and personal service to us for what was a hastily planned "quick getaway" type of trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary with a couple days of golf in the Jacksonville area. You would've thought we were staying in a 5star hotel by the service we recieved. The warmth and hospitality by the staff in this little hotel will make us want to return. This hotel is budget priced but offers nice, clean rooms, free breakfast, outdoor pool and hot tub, free parking and again, great staff. It's nothing fancy, just great basic accomodations but thier heart is a big as Florida!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hinesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wedding in Fla. Did not book online but showed up. Not too bad to get to, off Highway. For the name brand and price i would next time chose another hotel/motel for the price. Seemed a little high on price for what i was looking at but had no choice. % off for military. Staff were friendly. Observed another couple the next morning tell a staffer that the juice machine was low, staffer immediately began to refill it.

Room 105, 1st floor. close to side doors esp helpful when bringing in luggage. Marriott PLEASE put in an automatic front door, kind of hard when bringing in luggage and u have to manually open doors. Luggage carts are avalible. No view but a fence from this room.

Two small beds but sheets and pillows were soft and clean. Pack and play was brought into room for small child, no sheets but offered and brought two large towels in place of. No city or restaurant info in room. Has fridge and micro in rm. Breakfast OK, Jimmy Dean micro stuff. Nice checkout time of 1200 pm.

Room Tip: Had room 105, 1st floor, close to side door which helps when bringing in luggage or going out to smo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
aerstad, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Jacksonville/Orange Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your hospitality needs. We value your opinion and use them as a tool to better serve our guests. I have made our staff aware that we do offer sheet sets for the comfort of every child needing a crib. We like to believe that they are our most important guest! I hope that you will consider us for your future travels as we are always improving our facility.

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Disappointing compared to other Marriott properties. Rooms ok. Clean. Safe. Breakfast is bad, but that's the same everywhere these days. Very nice and helpful staff though. I stay there because of them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for visiting with us in Orange Park, FL. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. You will be happy to know that we have transitioned our breakfast to a new Hot Breakfast. This includes fresh scrambled eggs made every morning along with a hearty protein such as sausage or bacon or even sometimes biscuits and sausage gravy. We also serve fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and multigrain breads. We strive to be the best at customer service so I am proud to voice your comment to the staff at the Fairfield Inn. Thank you again for your comments as we always like to improve for our guests.

Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel numerous times over the past 5 years, seems to be going down hill - for the past 6 months the hottub has not worked - everytime they are either working on it or ordering a new part - breakfast is old style Fairfield - no scrambled eggs - last visit they were missing cream cheeese for the bagels - may seem trival but I travel all the time and expect certain things when staying at Marriotts. Sent a follow up email to the MGR of the property but no response - I am a Gold member and have been Platinum in the past - if being loyal to Marrriott does not come with at least a few perks - why bother - the Best Western a mile away is $20 cheaper and has a better breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
aerstad, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Jacksonville/Orange Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your continued business. I apologize for the inconvenience of your recent stay. I hope you understand it is my responsibility to make sure all aspects of the hot tub are completely fixed before allowing any guests to enter for both safety and security. Although, it has taken a bit longer than expected, you will be happy to know it is up and running and awaiting your return. Our guests’ satisfaction is our number one concern and we strive daily to not only meet, but exceed every aspect of your stay, including breakfast. We are currently in the process of converting to the new and improved Fairfield Inn breakfast which will include the hot and freshly prepared scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh cut fruit and more. I hope you will return and experience our hotel for the true guest satisfaction and customer service we provide.

Again thank you for your business and we look forward to your return!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here twice now so that I could play poker at the Orange Park Kennel Club which has a nice poker room. This Fairfield is somewhat of a letdown from the usual Marriott excellence. I prefer Marriott brands and Hilton brands because of their generally predictiable quality. But the room I had both times at this Fairfield was below standard. The wallpaper is starting to peel in several spots. The second stay there, I found a pair of dress socks left over in the closet which says to me that the cleaning is not a thorough as it should be. By contrast I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn just a block away (and a litle better situated to both the poker room, the highways, and within a short walk of a Cracker Barrel which I like when I'm on the road) and found it to be in much better condition with a prices that was only about $3 more.

The staff at the Fairfield was excellent but the hotel and room were below standard.

Room Tip: Between the Hilton Garden and the Fairfield, I would defintely choose the Hilton. BTW, there is a Ma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
aerstad, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Jacksonville/Orange Park, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to express your concerns about your recent visit. Although we are antiquated, we strive to create a memorable and pleasant visit. Anything below Marriott standards, or your own, tells me we have failed to adhere to the Fairfield Inn Promises. One being to, "Provide a room that is clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards". I have spoken with the appropriate personnel concerning the cleanliness of your room. I can guarantee this will not be an issue during your future visits, as I hope this experience will not hinder your decision to return. We pride ourselves on our guest service and will not set limitations on what needs to be done to accommodate your lodging needs. When you return to the Orange Park area please contact me directly and I will show you how our hotel normally exceeds all expectations.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Orange Park
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very good front staff, breakfast and location near the NAS-Jacksonville and Orang Park Mall. The rooms were average, clean and comfortable. Will stay there again. The hot tub was broken and the work out room lacking equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing to be quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Jacksonville/Orange Park? Share your experiences!