“Affordable lodging with friendly clean environment.” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Stay Suites of America Orange Park to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Stay Suites of America Orange Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1656 Wells Road, Orange Park, FL 32073 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Orange Park
New York, NY
“Affordable lodging with friendly clean environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay while I am working in the Jacksonville area. I would recommend to any workers I know that travel through this area. I wish there were more of them throughout Florida to choose from.

• Stayed April 2013
Kyle L, Manager at Stay Suites of America Orange Park, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Ben I,
I am pleased to announce that your review was selected to win the $100 Visa gift card. Thank you for your review and thank you again for choosing Stay Suites of America. Please contact the Front Desk to arrange pick up of your prize. (904) 264-4616.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

this is bye far for our family a trip well we wont forget !!!! we a blessing to know there are good people still out there we felt very welcomed at the hotel durnin our stay ! great easter with kids easter egg hunt and baskets it was bye far a blessing

Room Tip: rooms in back great for parking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ozark, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I needed a room fast. My husband was starting a job in Jacksonville for an undetermined amount of time and I had searched online for available places. On a chance, I called Stay Suites Orange Park directly and spoke with Tiffany. I could not have asked for anyone nicer. She quoted a rate and explained in detail what this included. In fact, the rate was less than what I saw online. I checked with my husband and he said it was exactly what he wanted. I called Tiffany back and even though her shift was ending, she stayed on the phone making sure all of my questions were answered and the reservation made. The reservation process was a little bit out of the ordinary (my fault), but she was most accomodating in every way and walked me through every step. On occasion, I have also spoken with Courtney, and she is just as sweet and patient with me. She goes out of her way to make sure I am satisfied any time I call. They also know my husband by name when he goes by the office. That says alot for customer service. My husband has only had one small problem with his room, and that was resolved quickly. The building is within walking distance of a grocery store and several restaurants. The housekeeping staff are awesome and ready to make any change in schedule if needed. We highly recommend staying here due to the courtesy of the staff and rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

i been here for a few months staying for work, its a quiet place no one bothers u. will be here for a while. its close to a grocery store,mall,chilis all in walking distance. there is a local cop that stays here also so its safe. the staff is very helpfull

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kyle L, Manager at Stay Suites of America Orange Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Mr. william m.
We truely appreciate your business. Thank you for your kind words. I hope we can continue to meet all your needs while you are our guest.
Zephyrhills, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was the third year staying at the same hotel, and this past year it changed from a Suburban (Choice Hotel) to Stay Suites of America. Our group was 8 rooms. When we arrived, of course it was rauining and all went in the lobby at once to be out of the rain, Tiffany the front desk clerck was very, very rude!!!!! She was not accommodating at all. Among other issues, she informed us the rooms had complimentry coffe in each room and as we all made it to our rooms none had coffe at all. No problem just go to front dest as get some. Wrong Tiffany wanted room #s and names before she would hand out coffe and then we had to beg for cream and sugar.
With the name change came new rules also. Felt like I was signing a years lease with the place.
I now know why they must of left the Choice Hotel Chain, they couldn't keep up good standards. Room OK, but the servive was the worst I've had in a long time.
Kyle Lewis the asst. general manager was not avaliable at all according to Tiffany. I highly recomend not staying here, not like it was when it was a Suburban.

Room Tip: Other Hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kyle L, Manager at Stay Suites of America Orange Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Chuck P,
I truly apologize for the service you received while staying at our hotel and for the nature of my Front Desk Agents attitude, which will be addressed accordingly. As for the issue with the coffee, you were suppose to receive coffee in your rooms and as I was explained to, The agent merely was trying to make a list as to the rooms that were missing coffee so the matter could be brought to our Lead Housekeepers attention. I apologize that you and your guests took offense to this, it was in no way our intention. Also know that I am always available for any of our guests, no matter the day or time. When we changed the name of the hotel, it was with the intention of creating a more friendly and family feeling atmosphere and I feel horrible that you did not get this feeling. As I said before I will personally make sure that neither you nor any other guest experiences what you and your party went through.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this property from December 2010 to July 2012. It was a great experience and I felt very safe and cared for. I decided to get away from the hassle of an apartment and this property more than satisfied my needs. Kathy White was the General Manager and took care of me and when I moved out for a month and moved back in she even gave me my old room back at my old rate!! I do not know of any other property that would do that for a guest. Kyle, Stephanie and Courtney were the front desk folks that took care of me and were the best. Stephanie and Courtney were particularly great and always looked out for me. I got all my mail at the hotel and whenever I came in the front office they knew me by name and took care of me immediately. The housekeeping staff, especially Miss D and Miss Veronica were great and always looked out for my room. Even Melvin the Maintenance man was great and took good care of any problems with the room, of which there were very few. I live in California now but if there is any chance I will move back to Florida I would not hesitate to move right back to this property. It was great and I heard there have been major renovations and I am sure it is even better now, I hope to see all the same great folks still working there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kyle L, General Manager at Stay Suites of America Orange Park, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mr. wmlynch 1957,
Sir, all of us at Stay Suites appreciate your kind words. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. It means a lot to the staff members that you mentioned that after being away for so long, they made an impact that you still remember. I have personally shared your review with those members of my team and those that did not have the pleasure of getting to know you while you were a member of our family. I will also forward this messege to Ms. White, for I know she hopes all is well. Safe travels and we hope to see you again one day.
Grayson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although alittle expensive, but i love it there. Nice and great. Nice bed although too much noise outside. Clean toilet and restroom, soap, shampoo, and others provided. Great security and it's in a good area where you have everything around.

Room Tip: Great things furnished and cooking untensils
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ogonna E,
Thank you for your kind review. I do apologize that you felt there was too much noise outside your room. As you mentioned we do take our security seriously and try to enforce a strict noise curfew for the pleasure of all guests. I hope that next time you are in the Orange Park/Jacksonville area, you will give us another chance to satisfy your needs. Thank you for choosing Stay Suites of America.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Stay Suites of America Orange Park? Share your experiences!