“Miriam and Armin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Miami Beach, Florida
“Miriam and Armin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband, my son and I stayed last week in this hotel. Hotel overall clean and neat, our room was clean, the lining were clean. My son was needed a bath seat since He is in wheelchair due to car accident, We requested at the front desk for the chair and immediately they provided to us. The Staff very friendly and always ready to help you. The complimentary breakfast was good. I recommend to anybody stays in this hotel. Hotel location is very convenient to the Navy base and plenty of restaurants around. The price for the hotel is very reasonable. I will come back in two weeks. Thanks to all of you for make us feel comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
We're glad you had such a nice experience and we look forward to your next stay!

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel went above and beyond my expectations of a Best Western. Very clean and the staff was amazing and very friendly. All of them, (including house keeping) did everything they could to help us have a comfortable stay. We were there for 3 weeks and never had one problem. Very clean. They even helped us find a hotel in the next town we were visiting in our price range. Doug the Manager runs a very customer friendly business. I felt like it was our home away from home. I will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! It is a pleaure to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I hope we can be your "home away from home" again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this Best Western because it was affordable and close to the navy base. This hotel is so close to the base that I actually reported early for duty every morning; chief was happy! The General Manager and all the front desk staff were accommodating, and the breakfast was good. Thank you.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are good, but the suites are amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased about your good experience, and look forward to your return.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We were sent here as the Marriott had given away our room. It's a good thing I was so tired and didn't see the bed bugs review! The whole place is very, very dated and ugly. Our room was clean and bug free, but there were 2 dirty washcloths on the shower rail and the bath tap looked ready to fall off. The breakfast was good and included in the price. The staff were all very friendly and polite. But I won't stay here again unless it has a complete refurb.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! Actually, we are in the beginning phases of a renovation project in all rooms, so we hope you come back soon to see what we've done!
Russellville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I are retired and travel a lot. BW is our hotel of choice. However, we were at a retirement ceremony and chose this BW because it was close to NAS JAX and we prefer BW. Was very unimpressed as soon as I entered the lobby as it looked a little run down. The staff were nice and helpful and check in was easy. We had several family members staying there for the ceremony. The first night some of our family who were on a different floor had to be moved in the middle of the night to another room because of the bed bugs were all over their beds and floor and crawling on them and biting them. The second night, when we got back from the ceremony, our luggage had been moved to another room because of bed bugs.

We requested our money back and told them we were moving to another hotel. I must say they were very gracious in refunding our money and we immediately moved out worrying if we were taking the bugs with us. Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We are sorry for your experience. It is very rare, and we had the problem treated professionally immediately.
Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Me and my husband checked in at this hotel after seeing all the great reviews. When we walked into our room, it smelled really musty and humid but I just thought it was that the AC wasn't on or something. Then, I noticed the tile in the bathroom was stained really, really bad with water damage. The light fixtures had rusty spots around the edges which made me think there was water damage. Then, that's when I saw the roach!!! My husband killed it thankfully, but where there is one, there is more! So I started looking around and found another roach that was dead on the ground and old food! We called downstairs to get a different room. The guy put us in the room directly above us. We went and looked in the room and right away when we opened the door, there was a roach on the wall!!!! So, then we went back to our first room to grab our things and get our money back and leave and when we walked in the room, there was ANOTHER roach crawling up by the light fixture. All I have to say is I have no idea why people rated this hotel so great...when we first walked in the hotel, it seemed very nice, but as soon as we got in the elevator, you could just tell the place was not taken well care of. But the bugs put me overboard...I cannot do bugs lol Anyway, I would definitly NOT stay at that hotel even for $15...stay at a nicer hotel close by for $20 more, it is worth it.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn down the street. A little more money, but extremely nice and clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are sorry for your experience. Even though they are rare, we take these incidents seriously, and have them taken care of immediately by a professional service. Again, our sincere apologies!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I found the hotel to be quite enjoyable and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The price was affordable and fair. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling through or to the orange park area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your good recommendation! We do our best to provide a great value for all our guests.

Been to BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!