“Not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
New York City, New York
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel has a good location, but the building is kind of "old". The carpet looks dark and smell is not very good. Well, the Internet access is easy but it is slow and not very stable. The room is not quiet because it is highway outside the window. Well, it is clean, and I hope the breakfast tomorrow morning is good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Artie S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay! I know it's been a while since you were here, but we do invite you to return soon! The hotel is going through some extensive renovations and updates! We're painting the building, rooms have new paint and furniture, our lobby and dining areas are getting remodeled too!
We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

A great experience. The staff wss courteous and responsive to any desires. Clean rooms at a good price. The breakfast was served in a clean environment and it was very good. Check in and checkout was easy and fast. I got nothing but smiles from the counter staff and the manager made a point to ask if I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This Hotel offers all the traveler needs at a very reasonable price.I just finished a 4 night stay and found that not only were the accomodations very clean and comfortable but the employees were all out standing. I would highly recommend this property to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wildwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

When i checked in i was told that there was no television service and i had the option to cancel without any penalty so i cancelled and stayed elsewhere.The hotel is in a good location will try again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I sometimes hate leaving 5 star reviews because if you are like me, you ignore all the 1 star reviews and all. The 5 star reviews. 1 star reviews are for people with chips on their aholder and 5 star reviews are usually either fake, or are people who aren't very picky. But in this case I had to make an exception. I had checked into another hotel and quickly realized I had to leave that place. So. I came over t this Best Western at midnight. The front desk staff member was amazing. I told him I had to leave the last place because the hotel was terrible. He asked how much I paid. I told him $59.00. He said, "then that's all you will pay here." I later checked hotels.com website and rooms that weekend were $89 a night. This guy had could have raked me over the coals and he did just the opposite.

Now on to the hotel, as others said, it is right off the interstate, but you have to drive a quarter mile away and circle back which I loved. The hotel I had been in was just off the interstate but it felt very shady and I thought anyone could rob me and be back on the interstate in less than 30 seconds. The lobby was very clean and nicely appointed. The room was monstrously large. Granted it only had one king bed, however, if there had been two queens it would have still felt big as there was easily 10 - 12 feet between the end of the bed and the dresser in the front of the room. As other reviewers said, there are no controls on the a/c unit however, it clearly stated that the controls were on the wall. To my surprise, I found a thermostat behind me.

The bed was very comfortable however being that I was by myself, I didn't have to share it with anyone, including my 2 boys starting around 6:00 in the morning. :) I slept in both days so was not able to eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that. If I had to give one criticism it would be that the shower curtain rod was installed upside down so the tiny lips on the edge that were supposed to hold back the last rung of the curtain were on the bottom. Usually probably not a problem, but in this particular room, the curtain was one of those crescent shaped ones that went out away from the tub and it hung down a little, so without the little edges to hold the curtain against the walls, it would routinely fall about a foot away from the wall and by time I was done with the shower there was a huge puddle of water on the floor. Other than that, it was a great stay and just what I needed at midnight after such a let down at the other place.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I rented this room for one night while we visited my daughter and her family in Jacksonville. Although it is a little inconvenient to get to, with good gps directions, you'll be fine. It's near the mall and lots of restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and you have your choice of 4 pillows. The room was very clean and smelled good. The bathroom was HUGE with beautiful, shiny marble floors. We stayed on a Saturday night and heard no disturbing noises. The a/c worked just right. The staff was great. The free breakfast was average but there were eggs, bacon and a waffle maker so at least it's not donuts and coffee. The only thing I can think of that wasn't good was the covers. There are two sheets with a blanket between. I would prefer a little more - like a comforter or something. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We got a king-size and it was great.