I recently finished a 13-day stay at this Courtyard for a business trip. The location was ideal for my daily commute (<15 minutes door-to-door) and very convenient to many restaurants near or at the Orange Park Mall. My room was on the second floor overlooking the back parking lot and the swimming pool. I prefer a higher floor (this hotel has 5 floors) as I like to keep my windows open to let in the natural light, but I did not feel comfortable doing this here because people at the swimming pool or in parking lot could look in, esp. at dusk. When I checked in, there were two wedding parties and a sports group at the hotel, so they did not have a room available for me on a higher floor. It took until about the fourth day for me to be bothered by the noise of the train tracks nearby. The exercise room had two treadmills, an elliptical machine, and a weights machine. Although there were towels for use, there was no water cooler. If you wanted to refill your water bottle for your workout, you'd have to refill at the water fountain outside the restrooms across from the exercise room. I only did that once because I did not like the taste of the water. I also found out from the maid that they no longer issued lotion, just shampoo and conditioner, due to budget cuts. So, bring your own bottle of lotion. My room had a microwave and a mini-fridge. I thought to keep a single serving cup of ice cream in the teeny freezer, but that was not cold enough to keep the ice cream frozen.
Overall, this was a good stay. The staff are very friendly. Full breakfast is $7.95 and they always had crisp bacon, which I enjoyed. Eggs can be made to order. There was a good variety of fruit available. If I return to Jacksonville on business, I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park Hotel Orange Park
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * 5 floors, 115 rooms * 4 meeting rooms; 4,530 sq. ft. of total meeting space * Located off I-295 and minutes to NAS JAX, Orange Park Medical Center and world-class golf * affordable and healthy breakfast served every morning * Free high-speed Internet throughout the hotel * Non-smoking and ADA accessible ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.