“Great location for business travel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Orange Park
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great location for business travel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Meeting Lee, the Auditor, was wonder way to end a otherwise horrible travel day. The hotel is very nice, clean and up to date. The location was great for my purposes, but it was the interaction with the staff made all the difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this location. Staff at check in was good treated with a smile and recognized for status. Checkout was smooth also with the exception that they didn't slide paper under the door. When I asked they explained a person on crushes worked the night before which was the reason. Hmmm... Ok well then what would that person do if there was an emergency? Just a thought. Staff allowed us use of a meeting room for a few hours since not in use, which always helps our business out. There is no bistro at this location but they do have a full service breakfast, market and bar for additional convenience. Walk 10 minutes east or west direction and you will get to all the chain restaurants. Housekeeping did ok, I saw hairs that were not mine on the bathroom floor, tile and inside the sink. Location of this hotel is also a plus. About a half mile west is river road. Which I took advantage of and ran to and from for 3 of the days. The hotel is also far enough from traffic which made for some great nights sleep and quiet evenings. Pool and jacuzzi are outdoors and not heated. Great exercise room and meeting rooms. The wifi is terrible in the evenings and not "wired for business" like other courtyards when the hotel is full as it was when I was there. I even had to call the helpline once to get online. Be prepared for that... I just woke up earlier and had no problems. I would stay here again. Video on YouTube Chanel. Thanks for reading.

Pros:
- Location
- Staff

Cons:
- No Bistro
- Internet

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was a very nice, clean and modern hotel. Rooms are nice and big, with plenty of room to stretch out. Big comfy bed and soft pillows. There is a full breakfast, complete with a gal that will cook your eggs to order, but it costs $7.95. It appears it is mostly for the business class, but my husband and I enjoyed our stay. Close to the expressway, easy to get around with lots of shopping nearby. The staff was OK, not as friendly as they could be. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

On business in Jacksonville, I decided to try something different and stayed here. My check in was very quick and easy. I was up to my room in just minutes.

The room was nice and spacious with two queens, a computer desk, bureau, armoire type closet, and a chair. The fridge is stored in a cubby near the bathroom (took me a moment to find it!). I found the bathroom to be clean and the water pressure was just right. I love the Marriott shower heads too.

My first night was spent tossing and turning on the exceptionally hard mattress. I was really surprised. My first night in most hotels is my best night and this disappointed me. My next two nights, I tried the other bed in the room and it felt slightly better. My second night was spent listening to slamming doors on my floor. Though I heard no voices. Just the doors.

I was surprised by the breakfast cost. I was an extremely tight budget on this trip and stayed where I thought complimentary breakfast was provided. My mistake. Courtyard does not provide a free breakfast. It was $7.95 for the hot line. Not a bad price, but still caught me off guard.

Internet in the room was wireless and worked fine. I had no issues with any of my devices. I was provided a Verizon Air Card for my work computer and I had almost no signal in the room with that air card. That really surprised me. My AT&T cell phone had plenty of signal.

Nice place. Good location. Hard beds!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really nothing outstanding at this Marriott as far as the actual rooms here go - well kept and average in size. However, the location is superb right off I- 275 with a large selection of restaurants nearby!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights ago (Saturday night), and seem to have had a very different experience from many others who've left reviews.

The entry level of this hotel has reception, bar, and business center all in one open area. When we arrived about 8:00 PM, there was a football game on the bar TV with the volume absolutely blaring, one guy drinking beer at the bar, and another drinking beer at the computer center. Why so loud for two people? Stun volume. The receptionist actually had to talk over it.

Got to our room, and neither key worked. Back downstairs to get properly programmed keys.

During the night, the mini-refrigerator was so loud that I had to pull it from its cubby and unplug it.

The next morning, I noticed several hairs on the floor next to the tub. Neither of us had showered yet. Lack of thorough vacuuming, at the least.

I went downstairs to the business center around 7:30 AM to check email, and there was an empty beer bottle and bar-snack container from the night before next to the computer.

Given the general disarray of the operation, we decided to skip breakfast here.

When we left at 9:30, the beer bottle and snack dish were still there next to the computer. At what time do people responsible for this place clean up after last night's bar patrons?

When we checked out, the desk guy didn't ask how our stay was.

The answer would have been: Part Marriott Courtyard, part careless frat house. I will not stay here again. I notice the manager loves to leave comments on reviews. Please don't bother in this case.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel -- suggest you stay in Jacksonville.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced while staying with us recently. As you mentioned, your review varies from most left in regards to our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and will use this situation as learning experience for the staff. I hope that this one experience does not negatively impact your future decision if returning to the area or choosing Courtyard by Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Camilla, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have always stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Orange Park but they were booked for the weekend we planned to go. I checked Trip Advisor and Courtyard was number 1 on the list. I called and they had availability so we decided to give it a try. We were so pleased that we plan to return to the Courtyard for all our future visits. The rooms were so modern! We had all the amenities and it was so clean my husband thought it had just opened. The only complaint we had was that the bed is very firm and we are used to a pillowtop cushion. The staff was professional and courteous. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do. As it was November, we did not use the pool but it was clean also. Great tip Tripadvisor!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!