“It was ok!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of 1876 Heritage Inn

1876 Heritage Inn
You added 1876 Heritage Inn to your Saves list
1876 Heritage Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   300 South Volusia Avenue, Highway 17-92, Orange City, FL 32763   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Orange City B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“It was ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Walking into the room there was a bad smell, very musty.
Room was clean upon arrival. Beds were very hard.
There were roaches!
There was no breakfast voucher for weekends or room service!.
All in all not the best B&B I have ever been to but, not the worst!
Price was fair!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This place is EXCELLENT.....you want the blandness and sameness of chain hotels....don't come here....but if you are single or couples....you get a clean quiet room each with its own special charm.....in a unique historical building......with a staff that is southern-style friendly....and hospitable and attentive innkeeper kevin.... who is a walking/talking historical encyclopedia for all things good in Orange City past and present...........and there is a mom and pop restaurant attached that has a good ole country breakfast for real cheap....they just don't make em like this anymore.....and whenever i am in the orange city , fla area....i will always be staying at the Heritage.......

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We were going to Deland but didn't want to stay there after we looked through our options on tripadvisor. This inn was about $20 cheaper than comparable inns/B&Bs in Deland and just down the road 5 miles. The place was cute, cozy, quaint and pretty clean. We felt safe.There is a wrap around porch along the entire inn with plants, benches, etc for relaxing.

There was a cafe/diner just around the porch from us with super cheap breakfast options (they had lunch items as well). You could get 2 eggs, grits or hash browns or potatoes, and a biscuit or toast for $1.99!!! Isn't that crazy good!! I added a yummy blueberry pancake for $1.50....very cheap!
This inn is just down the road from Blue Springs...I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
charleston,sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I was looking for a quiet place to spend a few days and visit the area, including Blue Springs State Park and Stetson University, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a chain motel. I found this inn online and decided to try it out. A wonderful place! Clean, quiet, close to everything. I would stay again and recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Homosassa FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I just spent two nights at the 1876 Heritage Inn and have fallen in love! The building is fascinating with all it's nooks and crannies. There is a wonderful wrap around porch that allows you to access the rooms, a barber shop, a postal museum, and the wonderful Gram's kitchen. The porch has comfortable benches and chairs all around with tons of plants around as well to make you feel as if you are at home.
The rooms are spacious, nice period decor, and a good size bathroom. My only complaint for the bathroom would be the sink/vanity is a bit low. I am 5 11 so I realize I am tall, however my mother made the comment as well. Not a big deal however. The bedding was so comfortable! I am VERY picky and have a very broken body. My bed at home has hundreds of dollars worth of padding for me to have a good night sleep. I slept like a log both nights AND even slipped in a nap! Not only was the bed nice and comfortable but the sheets, blankets, and pillows helped to create a luxurious cocoon.
The room also came equipped with a mini fridge and microwave which was very handy for snacks and water. A nice extra that was included in the room rate.
Gram's Kitchen is another wonderful gem that is part of the 1876. It is certainly a local hang out which in my eyes gives it a lot of street creed! I can now say after eating three meals there I too would be a regular if I lived near by. For breakfast one day I had two scrambled eggs, a homemade biscuit, and my coffee for under two dollars. Hard to beat that!!! There is a large variety of scrumptious treats for breakfast as well as lunch and all very reasonably priced.
1876 is a funky find that I highly recommend if you are in the area. We stayed there to visit and attend classes in Cassadaga. The hotel is also 30 miles from Orlando, less then five miles from Blue Springs Park, and just a few miles from the beautiful De Land.
I highly recommend staying here and I hope to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed March 2010
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

The room was very clean, nicely appointed,no bad smells, and secure. A real surprise after seeing and smelling the main building.(It reeks of oldness and heavy cigg. smoke) Be sure to ask about the free breakfast, as it isn't included with certain rooms. Also there wasn't wi-fi available in my room, but there was a high speed cable jack, which worked fine. Overall a great value for a nice room for the evening.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
West Palm Beach FL area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

We want to tell you how very much we enjoyed our stay at the 1876 Heritage Inn.
The room was perfect – my wife especially loved the period pieces (she said her late mother would have oohed and ahed about the décor as well). The old wood (original?) floors and the huge headboard contributed to the look. The room was very clean. Despite being on US 17/92, the area was quiet and restful. The queen sized bed was very comfortable and included 4 pillows. We didn’t need the A/C except on MED FAN only (April weather). We felt safe (that’s a biggie these days, unfortunately). The room rate ($55) was very reasonable. We are accustomed to staying in those "cookie-cutter" name-brand motels, all the same except the name -- what a contrast the Heritage Inn was, compared to the same-old, same-old. We registered by phone, rather than by internet so we could ask questions and get directions. Just one slight negative: We thought that the parking lot needed a light for safety. All in all, we felt welcome, safe, and comfortable. Yes, we would stay there again if our travels took us to the Orange City area.

• Liked — Unique decor and pleasant surroundings
  • Disliked — Parking lot needed security lighting
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to 1876 Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!