“geart hotel staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Orange City
Tampa, Florida
“geart hotel staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I want to thank the people from Holiday inn Express in Orange City Fl. We had 5 rooms and had come for a funeral. Pete was great addition to your team. He even called and made Dinner reservation for our party of 10. We enjoyed it so much that we asked if we could stay an extra night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway. The road out front is under consuction. so we...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dayton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Very very clean. The beds were comfortable. The front desk was very nice. We loved the cookies and bottled water. The breakfast was really good. We will definitely stay here again if in the Orange City area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great hotel experience every summer! Clean hotel ,great staff, good breakfast, great pool and great exercise facility. Just can't wait until the suites are upgraded with two tv's so we all don't have to fight over the tv....please do this before my trip in August2014. Thanks. Jill Harris

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minocqua, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We received a warm greeting upon arrival. The front desk clerk had already upgraded our room (we are priority club members) had our room keys ready, gave us cookies, candy and bottled water. The hotel and rooms have been redecorated, and super clean, and have an large flat screen with an excellent picture. The breakfast area was large and the tables well spaced. The food was the usual HI menu and well stocked and maintained. The fitness room was fine with equipment well spaced. If you are in Orange City, this is the place to stay. Thank you to everyone at this HI who made our stay wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Arrived with no reservation after running away from the fleabag motel down the street. We were greeted with big smiles, fresh baked cookies, and bottled water! Our room was clean, safe, large and well appointed. The customer service was outstanding; friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast buffet included.

• Stayed January 2014
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Peter was very good at check-in, making us feel welcomed. There is nothing other than chain restaurants in the area...until we found the China Garden take-out. It was excellent! Brought it back to the hotel and our "suite" had a nice sit down table for us to enjoy our dinner. Then it happened, screaming in the hallway by a very elderly woman who did not want to be there at all. Peter handled it very well and he changed our room without a problem.
The suites are very comfortable except for taking a shower in a whirlpool tub (I'm short).
Rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was typical and OK (no chopped up fruit). The location is very convenient to Route 4. Compared to other HI Express it was way above average. The uncooperative guest was not their fault.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear away from the highway and construction.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently checked into this hotel for a business trip. I knew I wasn't staying at a resort, but just looking for someplace clean and comfortable. I was pleased with the front desk at check in (great freshly baked lemon drop cookies). I got into the room and was also happy with the accommodations. I woke up the next day, went to my conference, and returned to my room late to find both keys weren't working. I went to the front desk and found they were doing construction on my floor and I had to be moved. It was an inconvenience but I understand booking debacles can happen. Unfortunately when I got to my new room there was one disaster after another. I spoke many times to the nice front desk assistance, who tried to make it right. I woke up the next day still unsatisfied. I stopped at the front desk to explain my concerns, before leaving for work. I returned to be greeted by the GM. They explained they took take of all my concerns. I asked for her to take a walk to check out the “refreshed” room. Their staff really went ABOVE & BEYOND to “make things right” (Big shout out to the maintenance & cleaning teams!). I sensed a bit of anger/resentment when I had asked for one additional thing (new shower matt…one I could stand on), however she did as promised and ensured I was satisfied. Overall I would recommend this hotel if for any other reason, the very accommodating leadership team they have in place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel overlook a somewhat nice grassy/marsh area (when not cluttered w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange? Share your experiences!