“Many Kinds of Bad Food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Deltona, Florida, United States
“Many Kinds of Bad Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I took my family to this place at my wife's request. I don't eat sushi, but they had some. I can't say whether it's good. But, judging by the buffet, everything seemed to be subpar. The General's chicken was tough to chew and lacked any real chunks of meat. It had no crunch. It was just chewy mush. I hoped to find some of the meatballs that you'll find in a Chinese restaurant. They didn't have them. The egg rolls were supposed to have pork in them, but I never tasted nor saw a bit of meat. The fried dumplings were horrible. My wife spit out one of their stuffed mushrooms. I spit out a hunk of a cream puff that seemed stale and flavorless. I also had a piece of apple pie that had no flavor and a crust that was orange, a sweet bun that was just a fried biscuit with no sugar coating it, etc., etc. I did enjoy the egg custard. They also had a carving station with ham and prime rib or roast beef. Since it was supposed to be Chinese fare, I didn't hit the carving station. But I wish I had. My guess is that their hunks of meat have as much flavor as the rest of their food. But at least I can expect it to taste like actual food. What's puzzling is that Chinese food is made with some incredible flavors, but I didn't taste any of that in the stuff I ate. I could toss some chicken in sesame oil and add noodles and veggies in the wok at home and have something that is more like real Chinese food. And that's just sad, don't you think?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Québec city area
“Complete and varied with carving stations and sushi galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was about lunch time and we happened upon (My) Buffet City in Orange City, Florida. A very pleasant eating experience. The place is clean, the meals are too varied to describe. Notable are carving stations with beef today, ham, or pork. Stuffed oysters, fresh and varied sushis with plenty of the usual "chinese" or asian buffet items. The big surprise is that weekday lunch is 7$! Like most of these place they try to make up with the stiff drink prices (2$ for a cup of coffee, for example). You can't go wrong with this place, unless you are a dessert type person. Then this place becomes ordinary, except for the ice cream machine you can use.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeLand, Florida
“The Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went to Buffet City in Orange City, FL with three friends on Christmas day. The Christmas day special was $10.99 but being seniors the price was 9.99 (regular lunch price is $6.99).They had a wide selection of Asian and American food. The American food included carve your own roast beef, ham, leg of lamb, pork tenderloin and turkey. They had stuffed oysters which I rarely see; they were excellent. They had about 6 separate areas so there wasn't a crowd at a single area. They also had a salad bar and a dessert bar. Dinks were only $1.59 which i consider a good price buecause many places charge $1.99. They have a very large seating area which is handicapped accessible.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mt.vernon ky.
“great food great price!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

we are from kentucky and have family in deland.we can take everyone hear cheap!!!! the food is exellent lots of seafood!!! even oystres on half shell. also rare prime rib!! we go everytime we can!craig in ky.

Visited June 2012
Florida
“Good price, ok food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Went here with a coupon so the price was very good. The main part of the buffet seemed to be pretty standard Chinese buffet food but the seafood selection and salad bar were very nice with a large selection of fresh food. Since I don't eat sushi, I can't comment on that but the Mongolian grill had a very large selection of fresh vegetables, beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, and sauces from which to choose and cooked up fresh. I liked the fact that I got to choose what sauce was used on my food. Also, the meat and seafood were kept chilled. Desserts were plentiful if very standard fare along with soft ice cream and a fortune cookie. Service was excellent.

• Visited July 2012