TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“a great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Tamar Hotel

You added Lancaster Tamar Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Tamar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard General Emile Lahoud | P.O. Box 8, Hadath, Lebanon (Formerly Tamar Rotana Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadath
Beirut, Lebanon
“a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was very pleased by the service from the first minute of my stay till the end.Very welcoming staff and professional .The room was very clean and comfortable. Everything was great, Breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Mrs. Krystel,

Thank you for your input. It is a pleasure to always welcome you to the Tamar Rotana hotel.

Your comments have reached me, and I would like to assure you that we always do our outmost to exceed our guests expectations, and insure they spend with us a treasured time.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back at our premises.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was a very pleasant and nice experience - thank you for all the very friendly and smiling staff of the hotel! Also the rooms were very comfortable and clean and the breakfast is an experience to remember; very rich, varied and delicious!

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet - although the room gave on the main road, yet the sound proofing seemed very e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs. Hala,

Allow me first to thank you for choosing Tamar Rotana as your home in Beirut.

I have well received your comments, and it is very rewarding for my team and I to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future reservations.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Tamar Rotana Hotel, I was very pleased by the service from the first minute of my stay till the end.Very welcoming staff and professional .The room was very clean and comfortable.I really enjoyed having breakfast on the terrace every morning .

Belinda UK

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Ms. Belinda,

Thank you for choosing Tamar Rotana hotel as your home in Lebanon.Your comments have reached me, and I was very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to assure you that we always do our outmost to meet our guests’ expectations.

Ms. Belinda, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next visit as it is a great pleasure to always welcome you to the Tamar Rotana hotel.

Best Regards,

Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My trip started off poorly. I scheduled an airport transfer to the hotel which never arrived because there was miscommunication. Mind you I arrived predawn, my first time in the country and I was a lone female traveler. I had to take a taxi. When I arrived at the hotel, I was treated very well. I was shown to my room. The room was average. My big issue was the safe. There was a safe in the room that I could not or it did not work. There were instructions sitting on top of the safe that contradicted the instructions that were adhered to the safe. One set of instructions required a "#" but there wasn't one on the number pad. I called the front desk each day that I was there. They kept promising to send someone to remedy the problem but that person never arrived. The other issue I had was the internet. I paid for the internet. I signed up for the internet through my tablet. My tablet ran out of power and I tried to connect my phone but I couldn't connect it. I called the front desk about the situation and this was the reply, "You are signed on with one machine, therefore you can't sign on with the other." Yes, even if it doesn't have power. I wouldn't stay there ever again. Also, if you want to walk to eateries or anything you are completely out of luck. This place isn't near anything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Ms. Kimmie,

Allow mw first to thank you for your visit to the Tamar Rotana.

Please note that i have acknowledged your comments regarding the inconvenience you have experienced and this has been taken up with our Front Office Manager so as to look into this matter.

We thank you for your feedback as this helps us improve our services.

Ms. Kimmie, I hope that this experience will not deter you from using our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would very much like to recommend Rotana Hazmieh. It is very rare to be that much positively surprised by a hotel. Everything is great, staff is very welcoming, nice and professional. The room is nicely furnished and clean, the bed is comfortable, Breakfast is excellent with a large choice of western and Lebanese food. I was told it was more of a business hotel but i was there with my family and we liked it very much. And the price is extremely reasonable for the quality and compared to other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HazmiehRotana1, Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Mr. Ihab,

I would like to assure you that we always do our outmost to meet our guests expectations.

Your comments have reached me, and I was pleased to know that we were able to make it up to you, and you had a great stay with us.

Mr. Ihab, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to do the necessary arrangements for your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With Kind Regards,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed 3 times this year at Rotana Hazmieh. I have to travel a lot during to my work and have visited many hotels in Lebanon and in the region. For the price this hotel have a great value proposition. These are the main highlights

- Rooms very clean and room service does a great job
- Location is convenient, close to the airport and on route to the mountains
- The staff are very friendly and this is the best characteristic for his hotel- always smiling and ready to help - the cleaners even helped me to fold my shirts and took my car for a car wash! Whats awesome is that they do it naturally and it doesn't come out in a trained way like at the Ritz Carlton
- The pool is very nice and breakfast is tasty and included - try the omelet or the peas (Fool) very well done

Overall it was a great experience

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Fares,

Thank you very much for staying at the Tamar Rotana-Beirut.

Please note that we always strive to provide our guests with excellent service, and I was pleased to know that our hotel has met your expectations.

Mr. Fares once again thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience on trip advisor.

please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to do the necessary arrangements for your next visit, as I look forward to welcoming you back at the Tamar Rotana-Beirut, and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good hotel for a comfortable stay. Value for money. The only disadvantage is the location. Slightly away from the down town and the places of happenings!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the main road
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
HazmiehRotana1, General Manager at Lancaster Tamar Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
13 June 2012

Dear Sir,

Allow me first to thank you for your interest shown in our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future reservations.

Hotel Manager

Been to Lancaster Tamar Hotel? Share your experiences!