“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently revisited your property in Oldsmar, FL for a personal trip and I just had to write to you once again. I have stayed numerous times at your property during the past year in order to spend time with m daughter.She has come to love your hotel and especially the people who work there. I apologize I cannot remember names this trip but I am sure you can backtrack and find out who was working what schedule. I have been in the hospitality industry for nearly 26 years and traveled to many places yet none have touched me like your property in Oldsmar.

I arrived Sunday, May 5th at your property after a long 4 hour commute from St. Augustine. Immediately upon entering your property a sense of “warmth & calm” had come over me to see the familiar surroundings exceptionally clean & organized.” As I entered the lobby at 2 p.m. the lovely lady behind the front desk remembered me and actually greeted me as if we were lifelong friends (truly almost made me tear up because it was so heartfelt). She is an amazing woman who showed just as much care and love to my daughter when I brought her back to the hotel. she asks when I come down, “Daddy, can we stay at the hotel with the nice people.” This coming from a 4 year old little girl who has been through so much and yet is kind, caring and melts your heart away when you are with her.

I apologize for being long winded and a bit sentimental but I had to let you know that your team at your Oldsmar property has helped during my devastating situation in so many ways I am grateful and blessed. I am sure they are not aware of just how much they have helped and I hope you share this with them. All of them, including the “behind the scenes” ones, all deserve to know how their part in the operation has so wholeheartedly touch my family. I feel like this is our home away from home and everyone is just so nice and caring. While I may not be able come down as often as I like to, I will tell you any time I do come to town there is no other hotel (even the new Hampton inn across the way) I will be staying at.

Room Tip: The suites are great for needing more room, sharing with family/friends and when in doubt the front...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melanie M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for such a warm heartfelt response. Staff and management consider the Hilton Garden Inn our home away from home and we want our guest to feel the same way. It truly brings a smile to our face to know that you and your daughter’s time with us was nothing less than purely enjoyable. We’re delighted to have you back and look forward to your return. A huge thank you from the Hilton Garden Inn family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Myers, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel. I am always quite satisfied. It has more of a luxury feel but at a reasonable price. It's in a great location for my needs & good shopping and restaurant selection nearby. I will say that the common areas (especially carpet) are looking a little rough around the edges since its last remodel, but that's to be expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Melanie M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your return trip! We appreciate you taking the time to write a response. I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of Hilton Garden Inns great location, with the shops and restaurants nearby. Thank you for your feedback about that carpet in the common area. I will make sure to bring it to the attention of our team members. Thank you again for your return business and we look forward to your return.
Westerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff goes well beyond to make you feel welcomed. They were accommodating and extremely helpful! Their PEOPLE make this hotel stand above the rest! You just don't see this level of customer service anymore... I was most impressed with staff and I have stayed in this hotel multiple times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. It is wonderful that you received the Hilton Garden Inn Welcome. It is our pleasure to provide outstanding customer service with a smile. Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again real soon at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The place was clean and the rooms were spacious. We used this hotel as room block for our wedding. They even provided a shuttle to pick up our guests from the reception. They also received a complimentary breakfast that was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melanie M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your wedding group block. It was our pleasure to accommodate your transportation needs back to the hotel from your reception. I am so glad that you and your wedding guest enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and also enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a response and Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn.
Folly Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was in Tampa for business and needed help with getting a Meeting room to do some training the day of. I called Jackie and she was able to set it up with "no advance notice". She was willing to help in any way possible. I found the staff to be very personable and professional.

Jackie will get my business the next time I am in the Tampa Area. Thanks again!

I also had dinner right out front of the hotel in an AWESOME Seafood Restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated!

It is wonderful that Jackie was able to arrange a meeting space for you and you were able to conduct your meeting. Staff and management make it a priority to try to accommodate all of our guests needs, no matter how big or how small.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we hope to see you again soon.
SAINT PAUL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent 2 nights here, were in town for a wedding. The hotel was clean and cheerful, our King bed room was average size, but did have a refrigerator, which we love when taking driving trips. They have these beds that have lovely bedding and are adjustable as far as firmness goes. I love a soft bed, and so enjoyed this feature a lot. Breakfast choices were good, with lots of dining space. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. We got a great rate as there were many people in town for the wedding and everyone stayed here. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melanie M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated! It is very important to staff and management that your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn was nothing less than perfection.

Being able to get a good night’s rest after a long day of travel is vital, especially when you have a wedding to go to. The adjustable firmness control beds are an amazing amenity and one that I myself love when I travel. We are always spicing up our breakfast menu so that our guests have a plethora of delicious choices to choose from. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am so glad that you enjoyed it.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to your return!!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, children and I were at this property just this past weekend and the staff was wonderful and very accommodating to us. Patricia at the front desk was so kind to us, as we were in Florida visiting a very sick family member and needed to stay a few hours longer in our room after check out with kids and a late flight. Because of our extenuating circumstances, she allowed us to stay at no cost to us, ever though we offered to pay an extra night. My 7 year old son got very sick in the middle of the night and Hannah at the front desk was also lovely and helpful in giving me numerous towels and cleaning supplies to handle the mess. The housekeeping service was also very nice. The property was very clean, nice location and the staff was 5 star. The restaurant staff was also great. We always stay at Hilton Garden Inns and rarely if ever are we dissatisfied. This locale was especially great and we will definitely be back. Thanks for making a very stressful trip a lot less stressful for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melanie M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
It is greatly appreciated that you took the time to write a response during a difficult time for you and your family. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. Our guests are our top priority and it is our pleasure to do everything in our power to make their stay enjoyable and stress free. I am so sorry that your son became sick and I hope that he recovered quickly. Traveling can be stress especially with a sick child and it warms my heart to know that Patricia and Hannah were so helpful. Customer Service is one of the most important aspects in the hospitality industry and at the Hilton Garden Inn we believe in “whatever it takes”. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we would love to have you stay with us again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar? Share your experiences!